AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 153 70.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 13.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 4.61%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-05, 01:08   Link #81
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com

Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
It's weird for a long time I've been rooting for Light, hoping that he would win the battle between L and himself and now...

Spoiler:
In the movie, it was.
Old 2007-04-05, 01:33   Link #82
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeabundo View Post
In the movie, it was.
Theirs a movie?!?!
Old 2007-04-05, 02:24   Link #83
deathnotefan1

Hi everyone. First post here.

I'm a big death note fan. I was wondering about something so I decided to register here so I could post. At 4 o'clock in the morning!

I was very disapointed to see L die considering that he always had the odds against him. The one thing I want to know is this. I don't want L's death to be in complete vain. Someone can PM me the answer to this if they know the answer. I can't wait to see the next episodes. A simple yes or no will suffice

Did L do anything or preplan anything before his death that will hinder Light in the future? I don't want Light to get the complete last laugh. Did he set any kind of mind trap or roadblocks for Light? Kind of as a final "I got you Light" last laugh kind of thing.
Spoiler:
but something that Light just does not see coming.
Old 2007-04-05, 02:31   Link #84
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master View Post
Did anyone think the episode almost turned into a yaoi for a second? o_O I mean when L said "I was going to give you a back massage. I am really good at it." while drying Light's feel was a little creepy.
yea... the scene was a little to gay for my tastes, even though i know it was looked at as a reference to a exerpt in the bible...

still though i gave the episode a 10/10.... very nice... Light is da man, as i said before, i'd follow him to hell and back....

if as u say,(the manga readers that is) the anime made him out to be more evil than the manga, than i'm thankful.... Evil is the new black...

Spoiler:

Huzzahs all around for Light!!! the new GOD of the world....

Spoiler:

GG k thxs...
Old 2007-04-05, 03:05   Link #85
Hagges01
Special UFO Hunter

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-05, 03:14   Link #86
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I have to see the episode myself to be impressed by how Madhouse did a better portrayal of this crucial scene in the plot than the manga.

An excellent farewell indeed for L. The big challenge for Madhouse would be to try and keep the vibe of the series at least as intriguing as before for the remaining 12 episodes without L in Light's way, as manga readers can attest to that.
Old 2007-04-05, 04:19   Link #87
tokyo-incidents

The massage scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXyj92Gs-pI

): I cried so much.
Old 2007-04-05, 06:26   Link #88
Psycho_Kenshin

Thumbs up

Man, that was one of the best episodes yet. Easily the most powerful, and the most-well done, direction wise.

I knew that
Spoiler:

Now I know everyone is saying how much the hate Light, but for some reason I'm always behind him. He does evil things, he's killed countless people, but I never want him to get caught.

It's weird, I often can't get behind a character I find despicable, like in A ClockWork Orange for example. But Light, while doing things that I can't condone... well, you just want the guy to succeed.

He's a pretty well done version of the devil. Evil, but he really charms you into getting behind him.
Old 2007-04-05, 06:43   Link #89
Forever
Revealing the truth

Holy sht. I simply loved Light's grin at the end. I truly enjoyed how he

Spoiler:

I never knew I was as evil as light deep down inside. For the sake of world, pray hard I dont get a deathnote.
Old 2007-04-05, 07:44   Link #90
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've always loved Light's character, but its at this point in the manga where i can't like him and his ways --- even more so after the few extra scenes that Madhouse added to this part of the story.
Old 2007-04-05, 09:01   Link #91
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

poor misa looking so depressed, well i dont know what to say about this episode.
so im just gona say this : Cant wait for the next one after seeing that crapy prewiev
Old 2007-04-05, 09:19   Link #92
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I've always loved Light's character, but its at this point in the manga where i can't like him and his ways --- even more so after the few extra scenes that Madhouse added to this part of the story.
I wouldn't personally say that Light was dislikable at this point...but I thought that it was this point that Light started to become boring. It's like the whole "memory-lost" alternate Light's complexity versus his "evil" mindset development was completely thrown out of the bin. I know a major theme of DN is that absolute power corrupts, but damn...he's got not a second of remorse or 2nd thoughts.

Wow, I can't recall the last time I posted in the DN thread. It's been like...forever, despite following it.

Well, only comments for the last 20 or so episodes is much kudos to the amazing directing, be it pace-wise, atmosphere-wise or even visual-wise. In terms of manga adaption that is both faithful to the spirit and story, probably only Madhouse and Sunrise are really at the top of their game.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-05, 09:24   Link #93
popdem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermtl View Post
One thing that hasn't been discussed here but I Really cant get of my mind is the thing L said to light when they were in the roof:

"Since you were born, have you ever told the truth even once?"

Dunno why, but i fell that this sentence, said to light, have... something i cant quite figure out...
If you watch how the anime captures this scene, you can see he is obviously saying "I know you are Kira".

Spoiler for general feelings:
Old 2007-04-05, 09:47   Link #94
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I wouldn't personally say that Light was dislikable at this point...but I thought that it was this point that Light started to become boring.
We need to see more out of Light then this 'I am God' phase --- at least some kind of emotion to do with the lose of L, especially after the rooftop/stairs scenes that were added. But no, i can't forget that Light is one evil piece of material, and all he cares about is becoming the new God. So yeah, a bit boring.
Old 2007-04-05, 10:48   Link #95
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

This episode was amazing. The way the black out happened, rem's red eye effect, thunder, data deletion ( i thought this data deletion thing, even though in a way irrelevant, was amazingly useful in showing the sense of urgency ).

*blown away*

but L died... T_T
Old 2007-04-05, 11:07   Link #96
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
This episode was amazing. The way the black out happened, rem's red eye effect, thunder, data deletion ( i thought this data deletion thing, even though in a way irrelevant, was amazingly useful in showing the sense of urgency ).

*blown away*

but L died... T_T
the deletion stuff makes the anime more interesting. Why would they delete the data
Old 2007-04-05, 13:07   Link #97
Divinegon

I just freaking had to register in this site just to make a post about this episode. I really need to discuss it.

Spoiler for View point about L and Light:

Unfortunately, as great as this episode is, it is also the high point of the entire anime for me unless some drastic change is made. Because honestly, without hoping not to spoil anything, nobody becomes likable in this series for me and it ends in the most idiotic fashion I saw, for a series of this intellectual caliber.

Last edited by Divinegon; 2007-04-05 at 13:58.
Old 2007-04-05, 13:17   Link #98
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Wait

Spoiler for How Many Death Notes..:
Old 2007-04-05, 13:53   Link #99
Divinegon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri View Post
Wait

Spoiler for How Many Death Notes..:
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2007-04-05, 14:09   Link #100
Setsuchan

Hey,the song Misa sings,does someone know the name of it or anything? It isn't on the Death Note OST II ._.
Closed Thread