AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-01-08, 09:33   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 91 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 10:01   Link #2
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
You're the fastest, the most modest, the absolutely frankest, the avantgarde, the... simply the best

So this is the new play house here and thus, we'll discuss what's happening.
Let me have a first guess. There's the three tails and maybe Orochimaru wants to have it to implant it into Sasuke to equalize his power with Naruto's having experienced it in battle.
This is all happening close to Konoha again or at least somewhere in the fire or grass country, thus Kakashi and Team Kurenai head towards Oro's new hideout. Sasuke's training his long-range-chidori and that strange crystal-woman has been called to hunt the 3-tails, because she might be strong, controlling a fused element like Yamato does.
As we've seen in the trailer, Naruto will get wind of it and follow Kakashi's team along with Sai, Sakura and Yamato. Maybe they have to fight the crystal woman and maybe even somebody else...
Old 2009-01-08, 10:08   Link #3
neshru

It's just the second episode and this filler arc seems to be going downhill already.
This episode was a waste, there were maybe 3 minutes of plot progression. Every other scene consisted of pointless stuff that was there for no other reason than filling 20 minutes of show.
Even the important stuff was bad. Naruto's new training looks so rushed and random, you can tell it's not meant to be part of the story. Also, every single character introduced in this episode sucked: the new villains have shitty designs and the frog that helps naruto train is obnoxious.
At least the episode looked good and the new ED is awesome.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 16:12   Link #4
Kallen4life

ending was good, 'Sasuke vs Orochi' was good .. rest sucked
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 16:33   Link #5
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
ending was good, 'Sasuke vs Orochi' was good .. rest sucked
Hmm, it was pretty weak, don't you think?
Old 2009-01-08, 17:24   Link #6
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

episode suck, even the part with sasuke. I did think the ending was pretty funny.
tensashinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 17:25   Link #7
zibi88

for me the episode was kinda watchable thx to Hinata and new ending song ^^ hmm kinda compleate waste was that frog scene... not funny at all... maybe it would be different if they summoned Gamakshi from the beggining >__<

From this filler the only thing that keeps me happy are scenes with Hinata since in manga she almost never appears (only few times for few panels) and now she will show us what she learned ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 17:26   Link #8
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

that episode wasn't that good.... but it looks like the next one might be a good one..
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 17:43   Link #9
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
that episode wasn't that good.... but it looks like the next one might be a good one..
I'm hoping they will. Of course, the frog will be in there for the first 20 twenty minutes again then oops, we can't show Team Kurenai/Kakashi.. because we are already at the end of the show. ..

!"

Last edited by tensashinigami; 2009-01-10 at 14:10.
tensashinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 18:15   Link #10
Akachou

Oh my, I just started to watch again and then I was severely disappointed by that episode. What about that strange female frog and what about all these unknown faces? I can't see through that and it obviously has nothing to do with the Naruto I know.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 18:20   Link #11
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akachou View Post
Oh my, I just started to watch again and then I was severely disappointed by that episode. What about that strange female frog and what about all these unknown faces? I can't see through that and it obviously has nothing to do with the Naruto I know.
We are at the beginning of a new filler arc. If you want something good to watch, watch the hidan and kakuzu arc (episodes 71-89).
Old 2009-01-08, 18:26   Link #12
Akachou

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
We are at the beginning of a new filler arc. If you want something good to watch, watch the hidan and kakuzu arc (episodes 71-89).
Guess I'll start with 42-72 again...
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 19:21   Link #13
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Holy crap Hinata might actually get some decent screentime! I knew the fillers were good for something!
Old 2009-01-08, 19:33   Link #14
Manson

Funniest line for me= Gay Frog: "Be gentle"

Does that child already have the the three tails (if (s)he is and/or is to be the container)?

This wasn't a bad episode for me. That gay frog just cracks me up!
Can't wait to see (what I assume is to be) Orochi vs. Sasuke, and learn more about Crystal Stlye.
Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 19:40   Link #15
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
for me the episode was kinda watchable thx to Hinata and new ending song ^^ hmm kinda compleate waste was that frog scene... not funny at all... maybe it would be different if they summoned Gamakshi from the beggining >__<
the ED was sooo cool XD sakura and hinata looked so nice!!!!!! and the song and the dancing is sooo catchy made me want to dance. *is even more in love whit hinata and sakura now*

whit the frog scene i was like WTF!?
Old 2009-01-08, 19:44   Link #16
strategos

Well, shouldn't it be that starting next, Naruto will be transmitted thru Viz.com/ Crunchy roll?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 19:52   Link #17
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Well, shouldn't it be that starting next, Naruto will be transmitted thru Viz.com/ Crunchy roll?
Yes, but some groups are still subbing it.
Old 2009-01-08, 20:13   Link #18
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
they started streaming it today actually
Old 2009-01-08, 20:57   Link #19
BlackShinobi07

I liked the new ending. It was cute. And to my pleasent surprise the episode was watchable. How about that! Fillers are becoming a little less lame now. Seemsn the anime team is actually putting in some effort this time. I'll tune back in next but I'll retain my composure. These are fillers after all so they may became quite bad quite fast. Looking good, though. I hope they keep it up.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 22:24   Link #20
Jerseykid

can't they get anything but a toad to work with naruto
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote