AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-17, 20:58   Link #2421
EagleBlue

Last couple of questions, how do you unlock classes and are there more players on the PC or PS3?
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 21:02   Link #2422
Xion Valkyrie

Don't you unlock classes by opening them up in those spectre packs? I think there's probably more players on the PC version, since according to sales they're closer together, but considering the weekend multiplayer event is for 360/PC only, it probably means they don't care enough about the PS3 playerbase to get it working.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 21:13   Link #2423
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Well, they'd definitely need to set aside resources and development time to make the multiplayer. These things are never 'cost free'.
Of course they did, they gave it over to the team in Montreal that co-developed the DLC for ME2, except for Arrival where they did almost 100% of the work, exception being the writing.

Please don't look at Arrival and tell me the people behind that can make the singleplayer of ME3 better. Arrival sucked so much arse.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 21:15   Link #2424
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Classes and weapons are unlocked in packs. Some rarer than others. It's a random system.

Should've been a store, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
You're part of the problem. You're giving tacit approval to the shit EA pulled with this game.
As opposed to what? Forcing myself not to enjoy part of the game I do find enjoyable because it was made for a marketing system I dislike?

I don't buy a game and then don't play the bits I don't approve the system of, I either buy the game and enjoy it, or I don't buy it at all. I weighted my options with ME3. My desire to play the game outweighed the problems I have with it. An example of the other side of the scale is Diablo III. I have too many issues with the game to buy it, so I don't play any of it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 23:15   Link #2425
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wow guys, relax... no reason to get all up in each other's faces.
Old 2012-03-17, 23:28   Link #2426
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Sorry if I came across too brusque. I'm tired of every gigantic corporation running slipshod over their own customers. I am still engaged in an ugly fight with T-Mobile over this kind of deceptive crap.

Edit: Interesting to see that the most accurate reporting concerning the ME3 ending brouhaha is Forbes, not a gaming rag. One might suspect the game reviewers are a little defensive, a little worried about untoward behavior and suspicious gifts... *coughIGNbitchinME3*

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...good-business/

This makes perfect sense. Look, it doesn't matter if you think the angry fans are whiny. It doesn't matter if you think they're acting "entitled." It doesn't matter if you oppose retconning the ending out of some sense of artistic integrity (which makes me lol in light of the huge numbers of retcons performed on countless stories throughout history). None of this matters, because if Bioware/EA don't fix it and soon, they're going to lose a lot of money.

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2012-03-18 at 01:15.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 01:50   Link #2427
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

They haven't lost a cent on this. The worst-case scenario for them is that they get another Dragon Age 2 where sales plummet after the first couple of weeks, but no one seems to pay attention to anything but launch day sales anyway, which were apparently in the millions?

They are going to make a Mass Effect 4, and, fact is, a lot of people are going to buy that, too.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 02:04   Link #2428
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Sorry if I came across too brusque. I'm tired of every gigantic corporation running slipshod over their own customers. I am still engaged in an ugly fight with T-Mobile over this kind of deceptive crap.

Edit: Interesting to see that the most accurate reporting concerning the ME3 ending brouhaha is Forbes, not a gaming rag. One might suspect the game reviewers are a little defensive, a little worried about untoward behavior and suspicious gifts... *coughIGNbitchinME3*

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...good-business/

This makes perfect sense. Look, it doesn't matter if you think the angry fans are whiny. It doesn't matter if you think they're acting "entitled." It doesn't matter if you oppose retconning the ending out of some sense of artistic integrity (which makes me lol in light of the huge numbers of retcons performed on countless stories throughout history). None of this matters, because if Bioware/EA don't fix it and soon, they're going to lose a lot of money.
Gaming journalism lost it's integrity quite awhile ago for me especially after the Jeff Gerstmann's incident @ Gamespot with EA's Kane & Lynch review scandal. Not surprisingly that it was an non gaming website that can provide sensible coverage of the situation.

Since we are on this subject, you might like to check this out

Spoiler for space saver:

Personally, I didn't buy ME3 for various reasons. The franchise never been appealing to me. While I'm a big RPG fan and would love to have a sci fi RPG, ME just felt like an on rail shooter with minor RPG elements inserted in it. The story was standard space marine save world, characters wasn't memorable to me (not like Morrigan or Allistar from DA1) and the first one was gimmicky with the whole alien sex thing.

Seriously Bioware, you don't need sex to make us care about our relationship with NPCs. I didn't have to screw my horse in Shadow of Colossus to love it to the death. So while i would like to boycott the game over the day zero DLC issue, it just rang empty for someone like me who doesn't even care about the game in the first place.

But for ME fans, Totalbiscuit on youtube made a good vlog on this subject.
Spoiler for space saver:

p.s: please respect people's opinion on the issue and refrain from attacking em just cause they bought the game.
Old 2012-03-18, 02:11   Link #2429
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Seriously Bioware, you don't need sex to make us care about our relationship with NPCs.
You make it sound like you need to have sex with every NPC in the games in order to have even a semblance of a relationship with them. You don't. Hell, my Shepard was romance-less in Mass Effect 1, and I still cared about the characters all the same. And through all three games (and especially ME3), just overhearing the NPC's can actually be enough to make me take notice and want to help out.

The sex in Mass Effect is a gimmick yes. But it's not a mandatory gimmick, nor is it essential to the experience - you can play through all three games and miss it entirely.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 02:29   Link #2430
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You make it sound like you need to have sex with every NPC in the games in order to have even a semblance of a relationship with them. You don't. Hell, my Shepard was romance-less in Mass Effect 1, and I still cared about the characters all the same. And through all three games (and especially ME3), just overhearing the NPC's can actually be enough to make me take notice and want to help out.

The sex in Mass Effect is a gimmick yes. But it's not a mandatory gimmick, nor is it essential to the experience - you can play through all three games and miss it entirely.
Oh sure, I didn't like any of the options in ME2 so I didn't bother. The game was no worse off for it. Granted, later on when I replayed it with all the DLC I continued what I'd started with Liara in LotSB. And while I have very little interest in my Shepard romancing Garrus (though I have done it once to hear the dialogue), it's clear that my Shepard and Garrus are very close war-buddies. No sex needed.

It's not the sex scenes that I care about--quite frankly they're awkward and goofy and just plain ridiculous (especially the DAO "underwear sex" lol). It's that Bioware is one of the very few game developers that actually acknowledges that some girls play the game, and some of those girls are gay.

I don't need a sex scene--actually I don't particularly want one. I spacebarred through the DAO sex scene with my female Warden and Leliana (though I watched the one between Hawke and Merrill, mostly because it was handled much better with a fade to black and no awkward "underwear sex").

I'd just like to be able to play characters in RPGs that I can identify with more closely. I don't like it when an RPG forces me to play a male character, nor do I like it when an RPG forces me to play a straight character even if they let me pick a female character. Unfortunately Bioware is one of the very few companies that acknowledges the existence of gay gamers--and I don't think this is entirely based on "more customers, more sales" especially considering the fan-rage sparked by Dragon Age II and its handling of romances.
Old 2012-03-18, 03:26   Link #2431
zibi88

Quote:
The MP is boring and I don't like it, but hey that's not why I'm furious with EA. I'm mad because those resources could have been used to make a better ME3. Maybe one with an actual fucking ending.

Edit: I'll go ahead and preempt the inevitable bullshit and just say had I known the crap they would have pulled before I bought the game (I was trying to avoid news so to avoid spoilers, look how well that worked) I never would have bought it. As it is I'm unlikely to ever give EA money again, ever.
seriously you start to sound really annoying.... you dont like MP ok but you could keep up all this whining to yourself.... the same they said there were 2teams... one the main did the SP and some other did the MP then just connected it... MP had no bigger effect on SP creation.... so blame the team that worked on SP and screwed up the trilogy with a BS endings that dont answer to anything...

as for the money thing... its your call... you allways could have waited a week to see what people think of it.... you were impatient and bought it beforehand so its your own mistake here...

personaly I like to play few rounds of MP but I hope that soon they would add some new maps, enemies and maybe a new mods into it...

and it might be that they would create a new ending like in Fallout3 DLC...with a DLC to keep quiet all this whining

but I think that they left the ending unanswered for maybe the purpose of future MMO based on Mass effect universe... where we would learn what happened to other races and such ;P
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 04:00   Link #2432
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Unfortunately Bioware is one of the very few companies that acknowledges the existence of gay gamers
This is actually because it's easier to code one relationship for both genders.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 04:08   Link #2433
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
but I think that they left the ending unanswered for maybe the purpose of future MMO based on Mass effect universe... where we would learn what happened to other races and such ;P
Doesn't make sense. The Synthesis ending is not compatible with the other two, and I doubt they would turn everyone into hybrids.

In the end, Bioware was always going to have have a "Canon ending" for the sake of an MMO. So there is no excuse to not give multiple endings for the ME3 customer. They could have everything between "kill everyone" to "bunnies and rainbows", and maybe even a few secret joke endings, and it would have no effect on a future MMO. There was always going to be a canon ending eventually. But that doesn't mean it justifies throwing away the player's right to have their own small universe having a unique end.
Old 2012-03-18, 05:02   Link #2434
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Is it wrong to hope that a possible future ME MMO would fail brutally? Does that make me a bad person?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 05:12   Link #2435
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
seriously you start to sound really annoying.... you dont like MP ok but you could keep up all this whining to yourself.... the same they said there were 2teams... one the main did the SP and some other did the MP then just connected it... MP had no bigger effect on SP creation.... so blame the team that worked on SP and screwed up the trilogy with a BS endings that dont answer to anything...

as for the money thing... its your call... you allways could have waited a week to see what people think of it.... you were impatient and bought it beforehand so its your own mistake here...

personaly I like to play few rounds of MP but I hope that soon they would add some new maps, enemies and maybe a new mods into it...

and it might be that they would create a new ending like in Fallout3 DLC...with a DLC to keep quiet all this whining

Oh of course, a fucking MMO. As if EA hasn't already ruined Knights of the Old Republic with an MMO, now they get to ruin ME with an MMO. Great idea. Love it.

I think the gaming industry is getting too stupid for me. Maybe it's time to exit stage left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Is it wrong to hope that a possible future ME MMO would fail brutally? Does that make me a bad person?
No. There won't be an ME MMO, not after Bioware wasted $300 million on SWTOR which has been hemorrhaging customers ever since they realized it's WoW recycledinspace.
Old 2012-03-18, 05:20   Link #2436
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This is actually because it's easier to code one relationship for both genders.
Coding isn't the issue, public opinion is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
They haven't lost a cent on this. The worst-case scenario for them is that they get another Dragon Age 2 where sales plummet after the first couple of weeks, but no one seems to pay attention to anything but launch day sales anyway, which were apparently in the millions?

They are going to make a Mass Effect 4, and, fact is, a lot of people are going to buy that, too.
I wonder how though. Any of the endings completely destroys the universe they've set up.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 07:09   Link #2437
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Oh of course, a fucking MMO. As if EA hasn't already ruined Knights of the Old Republic with an MMO, now they get to ruin ME with an MMO. Great idea. Love it.

I think the gaming industry is getting too stupid for me. Maybe it's time to exit stage left.

No. There won't be an ME MMO, not after Bioware wasted $300 million on SWTOR which has been hemorrhaging customers ever since they realized it's WoW recycledinspace.
Hey now Syn, atleast they didn't TOTALLY screw it up. sure the MMO its self was boring but the stories were good. If it was a single player with many stories in it. you wouldn't be hatin on EA for it :P
Old 2012-03-18, 07:27   Link #2438
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Hey now Syn, atleast they didn't TOTALLY screw it up. sure the MMO its self was boring but the stories were good. If it was a single player with many stories in it. you wouldn't be hatin on EA for it :P
Indeed, if SWTOR was packaged as [Star Wars: The REAL Knights of the Old Republic 2] and sold with a horde MP and Starfox minigame while you go about the universe scanning for Force artifacts (and alerting bounty hunters to your presence), it might actually do better.

ME3 should've been the one released as an MMO, not SWTOR. The downer ending would've escaped as a Wow-type lorewreck which will then be forgotten by the next expansion.
Old 2012-03-18, 08:35   Link #2439
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Ice Cream :3

Spoiler for Happy End :
Old 2012-03-18, 08:48   Link #2440
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

My sweet moment with Tali at Rannoch <3 That was beautiful with the sun !
Then i saw her photo <3
Then i saw an article about her photo -.-
Come on Bioware.... now i'm angry.... they knew that Tali's face was a major event in the game and they didn't care about it.... so dissapoint...
And something bother me , how could she takes a photo ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass