AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2003-12-03, 02:21   Link #1
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Question Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito ending theme. 3 stupid questions

Kinda dumb questions, sorry.

About the ending theme to Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito (really good anime! ) :

1. Is that Megumi Hayashibara singing?

2. The first bit of Engrish in the song: "I wake all day" sounds like "I will go there" to me (and seems to make more sense). In general are there official lyrics available to fansubbers or do they have to guess on the wobbly stuff like that?

3. The first three notes of the song, sung with "eien"... it reminds me of an english song but I can't think of what the name is. Does anyone know it? (I know I sound like the goobers in Cromartie High but it's bothering me. ) I'm thinking it's from a musical... the words "Valley High" come to mind but Google hasn't helped me at all.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 04:47   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Kinda dumb questions, sorry.

About the ending theme to Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito (really good anime! ) :

1. Is that Megumi Hayashibara singing?

2. The first bit of Engrish in the song: "I wake all day" sounds like "I will go there" to me (and seems to make more sense). In general are there official lyrics available to fansubbers or do they have to guess on the wobbly stuff like that?

3. The first three notes of the song, sung with "eien"... it reminds me of an english song but I can't think of what the name is. Does anyone know it? (I know I sound like the goobers in Cromartie High but it's bothering me. ) I'm thinking it's from a musical... the words "Valley High" come to mind but Google hasn't helped me at all.

-k
1. No. It is sung by the seiyuu for Lilith - Kobayashi Sanae. The song's title is " Eien no Inori wo Sasagete"

2. It could be either or, or it could be entirely different. We won't know until Dec. 10th, the date when the CD comes out.

3. I've no idea. Sorry
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 06:23   Link #3
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Quote:
The English is guess work, as well as the rest of the lyrics (since - as pointed out already - the single isn't out yet). Don't put too high hopes for finding this bit in the official lyrics, short phrases like these are sometimes left out.
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 14:03   Link #4
Kempis Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
1. No. It is sung by the seiyuu for Lilith - Kobayashi Sanae. The song's title is " Eien no Inori wo Sasagete"

2. It could be either or, or it could be entirely different. We won't know until Dec. 10th, the date when the CD comes out.

3. I've no idea. Sorry
1. Huh. She sings like Hayashibara. Or is it that Hayashibara sings with a sound that someone else before her?
Old 2003-12-03, 14:05   Link #5
Kempis Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
The English is guess work, as well as the rest of the lyrics (since - as pointed out already - the single isn't out yet). Don't put too high hopes for finding this bit in the official lyrics, short phrases like these are sometimes left out.
2. Are the short phrases left out because they are indecipherable engrish or because it's not part of the main singer's lyrics?

-k
Old 2003-12-03, 14:09   Link #6
Kempis Curious

Quote:
3. The first three notes of the song, sung with "eien"... it reminds me of an english song but I can't think of what the name is. Does anyone know it? I'm thinking it's from a musical... the words "Valley High" come to mind

3. Replying to myself. An older gentleman at work (who sings as much as I do) was able to identify the song. "Bali Hai" from the musical/movie "South Pacific".
What a relief.

-k

Last edited by Kempis Curious; 2003-12-03 at 19:05.
Old 2003-12-03, 22:27   Link #7
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Quote:
1. Huh. She sings like Hayashibara. Or is it that Hayashibara sings with a sound that someone else before her?
I think you just need to listen to more songs from different artists.

Quote:
2. Are the short phrases left out because they are indecipherable engrish or because it's not part of the main singer's lyrics?
When they are left out, it is usually because they have nothing to do with the main lyrics (which kinda is the same as it not being sung by the main vocalist). They are comprehendable, just that it's not to the rest of the world (Japanese included) who doesn't have a copy of the full lyrics with those included :P
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote