AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-27, 03:11   Link #41
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-27, 06:01   Link #42
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gaffney View Post
Spoiler:
I think so too, actually. And
Spoiler for moreover:
Old 2007-07-27, 08:30   Link #43
AMANE

Smile

Unlucky ....Shimako-chan didn't able to see Sei-sama in her trip ....I think that shimako wanted to see her....But Sei doesn't there I guess...i think that sei-sama visited italy once ago ... but not as the same time as shimako's and the others.

Do you think that shimako and sei will be able to see each other in the 4th season?...I hope so....(poor shimako)
Old 2007-07-27, 09:20   Link #44
m000m000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMANE View Post
Unlucky ....Shimako-chan didn't able to see Sei-sama in her trip ....I think that shimako wanted to see her....But Sei doesn't there I guess...
I think you should re-listen to what Shimako says near the end of the episode .

Quote:
Do you think that shimako and sei will be able to see each other in the 4th season?...I hope so....(poor shimako)
Personally, I'd rather have them concentrate on her relationship with Noriko, which I find to be far more amusing .

I find Noriko also works better as a driving force and contrast to Shimako's demeanor due to their rather different and contrasting personalities - They're two opposing halves that make a working whole, where as Sei and Shimako, while not very similar in their external personalities, mirror each other much more closely, particulary in their vulnerabilities - Part of the reason why Sei is so good at handling Shimako and why Shimako had/has a minior dependancy complex towards her - She doesn't feel like she's quite ready to leave the mother's nest yet.

Sei not being around is mostly only good for Shimako as it forces her to search for that secure comfort of understanding elsewhere, and thus grow in the process, and this is where Noriko comes in - She's very much different from Sei, and while there is link of understanding between the two, It's a very different sort of thing than what she had with Sei.
That is to say, she will never find the 'understanding mother/older sister' in Noriko, but she may find (surprisingly?) an even more understanding peer in her, as Noriko has a whole different sort of perspective to things than Shimako herself or Sei.

...And this coincidentally is why the white Rose family is the best one . Well, they've always been my favourite bunch of screwed up loners in the series, at least .

That's not say Sei and Shimako shouldn't be seeing each other at all, but there is a proper time and place for everything .
Old 2007-07-27, 11:28   Link #45
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

haha ! I very much agree with m000m000 about Shimako's feelings, and her relationshjips with Sei and Noriko. Though I adore Sei, it's true both her and Shimako know it's better for the latter that they be distanced for a while, at least until Shimako settles herself and grow up, so that she won't fall into more dependency when she'll meet Sei again.

I love the White rose family ! Go, go !

Spoiler for 4th season:

Question : perhaps I just missed that part but, since when did Shimako take her rosary back ? (she had it in the last scene in Italy, at her wrist, as usual...)
Old 2007-07-27, 15:29   Link #46
AMANE

m000m000 I understand your thoughts about the relationships between the White rose ....

I know that is better for shimako-chan to be away from Sei-sama these days but not for long.......I think shimako-chan is now stronger than last year. she is thinking positively and she is now rosa gigantea also she has noriko-san ....they are suit each other but not as much as sei-sama and shimako-chan...I think they make a good sisters.

what did shimako said at the end i can't understand japanese language?
Old 2007-07-27, 15:33   Link #47
WolfNightwind

can anyone point me in the direction of where a fansub might show up (eventually)? i downloaded the RAW version for the heck of it, if nothing else because i wanted to see the scene all the spoilers were talking about at the end. i was pretty proud of myself for figuring out what was going on (sorta) through most the OVA while only recognizing names (i can't speak but a few words in Japanese much to my disgrace). however as i actually have only been watching Marimite for about 2 weeks now (a friend introduced me to it in the form of both seasons 1 &2, and up to OVA 3 burnt on a DVD) i have no idea where to look for the sub when it finally comes out. i found the 4th OVA in 6 parts on youtube but, I'd rather download it all in one shot. thanks.

oh yeah, i forgot....hi all i'm new here!
hehe!

~Bug
Old 2007-07-27, 15:34   Link #48
Rakki
Cyberbird

Send a message via AIM to Rakki Send a message via MSN to Rakki
>o< I wish there was a softsub for this so badly...

What were Yoshino and Yumi talking about in their hotel room? Why did Yoshino blush when she was talking to Yumi?

Wah...I want to be happy just watching the raw ..but I want to know so badly.
Would one of you mind filling me in on what takes place in the hotel room?
Old 2007-07-27, 23:32   Link #49
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

There is a soft-sub, medium quality made by 4chan users.
A few translation errors, spelling errors and untranslated passages, but the quality is quite good, far from being annoying.
http://www.savefile.com/files/920798
Old 2007-07-28, 01:02   Link #50
blushinrain

urgh!! can't wait! can't wait!!
Old 2007-07-28, 02:49   Link #51
disney72
Going Bonklers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart View Post
There is a soft-sub, medium quality made by 4chan users.
A few translation errors, spelling errors and untranslated passages, but the quality is quite good, far from being annoying.
http://www.savefile.com/files/920798

is that on torrent form.. i tried downloading it but my torrent downloader is not accepting it.
Old 2007-07-28, 03:37   Link #52
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

You dont need to torrent it, this is an *.ass (Advanced SubStation Alpha Subtitle) file
This is only just a subtitle fansub for those who own the DVD or video file.
We dont provide a raw here in Animesuki.
Old 2007-07-28, 07:49   Link #53
ZaLhErA
Undine of the Rebellion

I'm the newcomer. Yoroshiku ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriko View Post
Question :
What are the kinds of manju Sachiko asked (as a joke) Yumi to bring back as a souvenir ? I can't catch the names, and are they famous souvenir to be brought back from Europe for Japaneses people?
I haven't got the sub yet. (can't d/l from savefile) If I didin't misheard , it will be Roma-manju and Firenze-sembe.

They never exist since it's originally one of Sei-sama jokes

Sachiko turned into Bad Girl >.< . She tricked Yumi , how cute (and Sachiko thought Yumi understand this joke since she saw Yumi laughed)
Old 2007-07-28, 07:54   Link #54
Kimmie-chan

Send a message via MSN to Kimmie-chan
OVA 5 was pretty awesome. I had a harder time trying to understand this one compared to OVA4, thank goodness for the softsubs. ^^ Gave me the excuse to watch through twice

I absolutely loved Yumi and Yoshino with thier hair out ^^
Old 2007-07-28, 09:36   Link #55
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaLhErA View Post
I'm the newcomer. Yoroshiku ^^

I haven't got the sub yet. (can't d/l from savefile) If I didin't misheard , it will be Roma-manju and Firenze-sembe.

They never exist since it's originally one of Sei-sama jokes

Sachiko turned into Bad Girl >.< . She tricked Yumi , how cute (and Sachiko thought Yumi understand this joke since she saw Yumi laughed)
Ooh I misunderstood and thought they were snacks existing in Europe, but not in Italy ! thanks

You can't dl from savefile?? I reuploaded it on 4shared :

_Anonymous_OVA_Maria-sama_ga_Miteru_3rd_season_Vol_5 (again)

Quote:
m000m000 I understand your thoughts about the relationships between the White rose ....

I know that is better for shimako-chan to be away from Sei-sama these days but not for long.......I think shimako-chan is now stronger than last year. she is thinking positively and she is now rosa gigantea also she has noriko-san ....they are suit each other but not as much as sei-sama and shimako-chan...I think they make a good sisters.

what did shimako said at the end i can't understand japanese language?
I still think they're a good soeur pair, but they need to be apart at the moment, it's still too early. What Shimako says at the end of the ep confirms it for me (or more the way she says it, her face shows it would be painful in a way fo her to meet Sei now), that Sei purposefully didn't come see them, for Shimako's sake

Moreover, I remember Sei saying about Shimako in the 1st season, that she was quite a stubborn person in spite of the appearances, and that if she wanted to join a group or impose her persence, she would just do so and not ask.... so if Shimako really wanted to see Sei and think she needs it, she would have made contact with her in Japan, no?
Old 2007-07-28, 10:28   Link #56
shrek

I love you noriko . THANKS!!
Old 2007-07-28, 11:10   Link #57
AMANE

Red face

I still think they're a good soeur pair, but they need to be apart at the moment, it's still too early. What Shimako says at the end of the ep confirms it for me (or more the way she says it, her face shows it would be painful in a way fo her to meet Sei now), that Sei purposefully didn't come see them, for Shimako's sake

Moreover, I remember Sei saying about Shimako in the 1st season, that she was quite a stubborn person in spite of the appearances, and that if she wanted to join a group or impose her persence, she would just do so and not ask.... so if Shimako really wanted to see Sei and think she needs it, she would have made contact with her in Japan, no?
[/QUOTE]

Oh!! I see..thank you noriko-sama for clearing up the things for me ...Now i really understand the idea ....hhhhhhhh.....That's why sei doesn't come to see shimako whether in Japan or Italy.....Sei don't want to show her face to shimako and contacts her these days because it still very early for shimako to see her onee-sama in a turning point in shimako's life.....shimako is now in a sensitive level so if sei comes and meet shimako that would make her attracts to sei also it will lead her to feel the same feelings as before when she was bleaker coz her weakness.........
Old 2007-07-28, 17:04   Link #58
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Spoiler for Shimako in later volumes:
Old 2007-07-28, 17:33   Link #59
Xeferah

I love this new OVA, it's great ! The softsub was perfect, many thanks to the creators !
It's too bad that I can't read the novels (yet) in Japanese, as far as I could read the novels they are even better then the anime, and the anime is already great ! Too bad the only other translation of the novels are in german. Not that I mind, I can read german, just like I can read dutch or english or (a little bit of) french, but they are only at novel 4 now

Some small notes: some people talk about Europe like it's one country ?
Quote:
I've never been to Europe
I guess you can compare that to "I've never been to Asia", making it look like Arabia is almost the same as China. It's a bit odd to see really
Old 2007-07-28, 18:28   Link #60
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Spoiler for Shimako in later volumes:
I see, thanks! so
Spoiler for reply to dahl_moon:
Closed Thread