AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 13 16.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 24.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 8.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-24, 16:54   Link #21
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'm not sure if it's fillers or not, but that was a very funny yet interesting episode, so it's a 10/10, the first time I've given an episode of this series this rating. I really didn't expect this episode to be that good and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 2007-10-24, 16:57   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
If she stays for too long then she could develop feelings for Sana too . Hanako's voice was a bit mature for 10 year old.

BTW did someone notice that production crew forgot to animate some frames between 13:15-13:17 on raw?
Hinako, not Hanako.

Are you talking about Hinako hitting Sana? Yeah, that looked weird. I just reasoned that it was too fast to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I mean, you were really checking out your twin, not once, but twice, right? *dodges rotten tomatoes for implying incest*

maybe a third girl as their paths in the game. So I find it amusing that with this one episode alone, they revealed Shuusuke's 'girls' in the game.

Best part though was the ending preview. I was rotflmao at that, considering I'm a big Higurashi fan, and the VA doing the preview is none other than the VA of Rika. XD
I've thought about the possibility too.

Yuzuki, perhaps? (The teacher)

So that's what it was! I thought it sounded familiar...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-10-24, 17:25   Link #23
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

that was some sucky episode completely not in line with the great first episode.

It felt like one big filler. and at the end we have one thing that isn't filler and that is him wondering if he really doesn't love somebody.

and i'm all for loli but it's no fun when they are actually ten :P
Old 2007-10-24, 18:13   Link #24
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

It was a fun episode. But lol, ten years old. I hope they don't ditch Hinako completely.
Kinda funny, Nanaka and Asami have absolutely no lines this episode, and lulz at the Tamura preview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Cooking and breasts I can understand as wooing methods, but voodoo?
There have been sillier things in anime, I tell you what.

Quote:
Yuzuki, perhaps? (The teacher)
Want. Very badly.
Old 2007-10-24, 22:08   Link #25
totalnet

Spoiler for left wrist:
Old 2007-10-24, 23:21   Link #26
Frazzlehoon
¯\(o_O)/¯

I loved the Higurashi-ish preview. >:]

Too bad Nanaka didn't see Sana hugging Hina. :P
Old 2007-10-25, 00:05   Link #27
jdlkem
teh_pwnzor

yay higurashi!

sana is descending unto the dark world of pedophilia. Possibly.

Spoiler for pedo:

-___-

well it seemed like everyone was getting along together this episode. i wonder if everyone is as friendly as it seems to me...
Old 2007-10-25, 00:18   Link #28
Major1138

Enjoyable episode - I thought it was amusing how when Shuu was describing his "perfect girl" he was pretty much thinking of the opposite of his sister, and how said description is suspiciously like Aoi.

I also noticed how well everyone seems to get along, and to be perfectly honest, I hope that the series draws the inevitable conflict/drama from a source other than something which causes the group to break up. It's pretty obvious that there's something we don't yet know about them, but I'm getting the impression that one of the big themes of this anime is how your friends are important, so hopefully it doesn't into a melodrama about friends betraying each other - which can be done well, but I don't think it would fit in here.
Old 2007-10-25, 00:42   Link #29
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Spoiler for thoughts on epi 4:
Old 2007-10-25, 01:00   Link #30
Mef

ok ,after this episode the anime is dropped for me
it was kinda boring to begin with but now they managed to make a 10 year old girl who "should" be a child to a child with breast or some thing like that wtf and I hoped to finally see a girl I might like in this kind of show.. but again too old
and as the show itself isnt very entertaining Im dropping it as I said before
Old 2007-10-25, 01:07   Link #31
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
hee hee at first I thought Shuu liked Aoi, but then he said softly spoken, then I thought Nanaka, but then he said not violent... I think he just wants a big breasted Yamato Nadeshiko . He does say there is someone he already cares about.... I hope it is not incest!
Actually I don't think he was describing any of those girls. He was purposefully describing the exact opposite of Shurei. (And he was looking right at her as he thought about it.) Perhaps he was describing the opposite of what he wants, or perhaps he wants a girl to be as different from his sister as possible. You decide which. It is just coincidence that some of what he said could be applied to other girls. So, yeah, I'd say his sister is the person he cares about. We can only hope that the feelings are not incestuous.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-25, 01:38   Link #32
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzlehoon View Post
I loved the Higurashi-ish preview. >:]
I hear ya! =D "Hey Shuri, I think you got the wrong TV show! ^^;;;;"
Old 2007-10-25, 02:01   Link #33
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
Oh the sub is out i'm coming back after watching the episode !
Old 2007-10-25, 02:28   Link #34
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

A bit unexpected from episode 4 to develop a complete side story with the newly introduced character. Didn't like the story much, but Hinako was a good character. Now I wonder if she will have some other role other than this (or perhaps they presented her since they need to show the characters from the game?).

I was a bit disappointed that while all the main characters had some screentime, Nanaka had none (she did appear, but I think her seiyuu wasn't even used this time). All in all it was a funny episode and a good way of spending 20 minutes.

The preview, with Yukarin mimicking her Higurashi style was absolutely out of the blue, and fantastic. I lolled a lot , especially with Sana's remark "haven't you got the wrong tv show?". Yay for references
Old 2007-10-25, 02:56   Link #35
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Shuusuke, you got a thing for Aoi don't you?
not really, his perfect girl is the opposite of his (abusive?) sister, and Aoi is just happen to fit the bill

THis eps makes me LOLLLLLL alot so I rate 10, kinda cute.

also there is some development about the picture frame, and Sana turns sad in the end of the phone conversation with his mother "It's not like that x2"
Old 2007-10-25, 03:11   Link #36
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
also there is some development about the picture frame, and Sana turns sad in the end of the phone conversation with his mother "It's not like that x2"
It's seems like his conversations with his mom, like in the Shuffle! anime, with Rin and the model boat, Sana and the development might progress from there.
Old 2007-10-25, 04:04   Link #37
monir
cho~ kakkoii

What happened here??? Was the show waiting to get its own forum before it went off-topic? Where is my favorite girl for whom I actually bother to watch this show? And why does the preview for episode 5 make me want to think the show is now trying to be funny? Higurashi sound-alike preview that is going to undertake horror theme with an attempt at comedy, perhaps, because the Halloween is next week? Pfffft...

I suppose that's enough question for one day. Disappointed in the series and its sudden direction at things just when my fave girl was making the show a bit interesting. Hopefully things will be back on track from episode 6 because episode 5 should be another off-topic one.
Old 2007-10-25, 05:06   Link #38
arkxkra
全力全開

This episode not bad, have some fun also, but still can't feel any thing from the main route.
Old 2007-10-25, 05:08   Link #39
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Main route, side story... I don't really care. I enjoyed this little digression. This episode did what it usually takes 13 episodes to accomplish. We followed a story from first crush to confession and rejection. It was interesting to see her whole doomed love so quickly.

Now I'm wondering if she is going to become attached to Sana romantically. After all, they did become very close in the course of this.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-25, 05:31   Link #40
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Serious laughs at the Higurashi reference in the next ep preview.

I was rather indifferent to all of this. It was ultimately a filler episode, even despite a few glimpses at something deeper than superficial in Sana and Shuusuke, but it had a few enjoyable moments. I thought it was good that they kept everything after a certain stage in Sana's point of view, and didn't bother showing the confession, but rather had Hinako relay the events to him afterwards. "Everyone cries" may have been a slightly trite message, but the fact that the creators knew full well that the impact of the confession was more important than the confession itself, and thus focused on things like that by keeping it all in Sana's point of view, was rather impressive.

Not sure if I like the fact that next week's ep looks like more filler. At 13 eps, filler should be kept to a minimum, IMO.

Quote:
Shuusuke, you got a thing for Aoi don't you?

Either that, or you're not being honest with yourself and saying the exact opposite of the girl you truly like... I mean, you were really checking out your twin, not once, but twice, right? *dodges rotten tomatoes for implying incest*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Actually I don't think he was describing any of those girls. He was purposefully describing the exact opposite of Shurei. (And he was looking right at her as he thought about it.) Perhaps he was describing the opposite of what he wants, or perhaps he wants a girl to be as different from his sister as possible. You decide which. It is just coincidence that some of what he said could be applied to other girls. So, yeah, I'd say his sister is the person he cares about. We can only hope that the feelings are not incestuous.
I'm with NSW on this one. His description was almost certainly independent of Aoi, IMO, and nothing more than a complete opposite of Shuuri. And I can't see the incest thing happening. I'm going to go out on a limb here and make the claim that Shuusuke was genuine in wanting a girl the complete opposite of his sister. I think they're just too close for anything questionable to be going on between them. Although, this is anime(TM), and in most harem we see these days, sibling relationships aren't much of a barrier for romance . I'd hope this anime would at least be above that...
Closed Thread