AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-01, 13:00   Link #341
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The phrase for Chapter 14 has to be "Kemonomimi Meido", though technically that isn't accurate either, as one of the maids is human, while the other one is... a Medusa. Don't see that everyday, given how, you know, normally they turn people into stone.
Old 2012-10-02, 03:05   Link #342
walt

head of maids is Emproy's adept?
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:05   Link #343
Insane
Banned

Hahaha! That blonde violent woman tries to seduce Itami but get facepalmed instead after seeing him get surrounded by people in party! So hilarious!
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 23:18   Link #344
walt

"Mamina is a Warrior-bunny"
oh LOL!
Old 2012-10-04, 02:14   Link #345
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

after read this manga and read some of Novel translation. It was clearly that our modern tech is overpowered them by large margin. Here you'll know why

Spoiler for Lelei Magic Assesment:

Even Ancient Fire dragon is fairly weak. Against our panzerfaust.

Rori Mercury with her big axe maybe posses some serious threat. But against this

I don't think so. The real threat for JSDF itself came from the big nation that have interest about the gate.

maybe this can start real Conflict over gate control

but before JSDF found anything useful. All big power across the earth will laid in waiting. Due the excessive amount of Invesment if they try to force their way towards the gate.
Old 2012-10-04, 08:35   Link #346
Awrya
U mad?

Just wondering, how far in the novel are we?
From the Vol.2 cover it looks like we're still in Vol.1, does each manga chapter cover the same amount of material as a LN chapter?
Old 2012-10-04, 14:24   Link #347
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Just wondering, how far in the novel are we?
From the Vol.2 cover it looks like we're still in Vol.1, does each manga chapter cover the same amount of material as a LN chapter?
All I know is someone earlier estimated that at the current rate we'd finish volume 1's content around chapter 24 I think it was. Also again, this isn't a LN series.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 14:31   Link #348
Seitsuki
Onee!

Shame about that.

*looks at page count*

Well shit.
Old 2012-10-04, 14:49   Link #349
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post

Rori Mercury with her big axe maybe posses some serious threat. But against this

i agree with most of what you said but i think the Apostate are not going to be stop by mere bullets. Rori is 900+ yrs old, i am pretty sure she dealt with projectile and explosive weapons before.
Old 2012-10-04, 17:47   Link #350
Insane
Banned

Hmm? I think most of apostles are a bunch of immortals. Even if they got killed, they can just resurrect themselves later?
Old 2012-10-05, 04:24   Link #351
KQB

Quote:

I don't think so.
Is that an L115? The Lapua round is nice, but it's only good for distance, not stopping power.

If you want an apostle stopper:

Now that's a rifle.

Though since she's Immortal (as in can't die, even if she loses her head) you might be better off with hitting her with a B83 nuclear bomb.

But when it comes to dragons?

Quote:
The real threat for JSDF itself came from the big nation that have interest about the gate.

maybe this can start real Conflict over gate control

but before JSDF found anything useful. All big power across the earth will laid in waiting. Due the excessive amount of Invesment if they try to force their way towards the gate.
Maybe, maybe not. The US/Japan Military Defense Pact allows American forces stationed in Japan to defend Japan, which is the reason they are stationed there in the first place.

Think about what this means. Since the Japanese government can't order the US military around, the Americans will unilaterally act in the defense of Japan.

Oh and the pact makes Japan financially responsible for any costs incurred by the troops, so money won't be an issue.

So in "reality," American gunships and troops would've razed those Imperium troops a day or two later, instead of the Diet taking six days declare an emergency and muster the troops.

Then, of course, it would be the Americans in Alcanus, and it gets much worse for the empire.

Ya'know, if the Americans get involved, I can see a Hollywood angle here...
KQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 08:13   Link #352
walt

major treasures of new world is the gate, and source of magic
Old 2012-10-05, 08:22   Link #353
Insane
Banned

Probably the author will make it in Hagure Yuusha's style. People from human world learn magic from fantasy world and alternatively, people from fantasy world learn science from human world.
Old 2012-10-06, 02:41   Link #354
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I'm starting to wonder if any of the inhabitants of the other world have any real powerful magics. What little we have seem of magic is weak utility oriented spells.
As of this point, the only really value this other world holds is land and natural resources.
Old 2012-10-06, 07:07   Link #355
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQB View Post
If you want an apostle stopper:

Now that's a rifle.

Though since she's Immortal (as in can't die, even if she loses her head) you might be better off with hitting her with a B83 nuclear bomb.
I'd argue that a 25mm anti material weapon is a bit too much of underkill (at least as far as being able to hit an Apostle), while a nuke is obviously ludicrous overkill.

Just drop a 2000 pound laser guided bomb on her.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 14:46   Link #356
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Gate 14 is out in most manga readers.

Major misunderstandings are still all over the place.

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-10-06 at 15:08.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 15:36   Link #357
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Gate 14 is out in most manga readers.

Major misunderstandings are still all over the place.
Well not too many. She's somewhat projecting the Empires own level of ruthlessness onto the Japanese government(looking for an excuse to launch and attack), as well as its hierarchical structure (where there almost never would be a circumstance that would call for a regular NCO equivalent to testify to the Senate). Though she's taking a pretty reasonable course of action in tagging along with Itami as a means to get into contact with the Japanese government.

Though I suspect she's going to find herself subject to allot of international intrigue once other nations find out that she's come through the gate.

So what was the exact reason the Drill head reacted to Itami being surrounded by the maids/his subordinates was to slap and claw at his face?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 15:43   Link #358
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
So what was the exact reason the Drill head reacted to Itami being surrounded by the maids/his subordinates was to slap and claw at his face?
Maybe she thought that she would have too comply her orders while everyone else was looking and partying around them? Or perhaps she thought that Itami was simply playing around with the maids (in that sense) and didn't gave any thought deep to anything (while she was terribly bothered by it).

In any event, is easy to see that she was bothered with "having to comfort" a guy she stepped on (and thus, she values as less than her). As she was in the edge, she just needed a little something to explode and vent her frustration.

Then again, it's probably hard to tell without having in hand that little bit extra piece of her mind that is probably found in the novel.
Old 2012-10-06, 17:14   Link #359
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I think Okashira has part of it right, she just spent some time working herself up to comfort a man that previously she had thought was an enemy and had mistreated. She probably expected Itami to be you know in pain or discomfort or something and instead she found him partying with the maids and his squad. She probably snapped and did it before she even was aware of it.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 18:01   Link #360
Awrya
U mad?

Was it really necessary for Tuka to use magic? The imperial soldiers looked like they were asleep anyway

Just asking, the uniform the late master was wearing in the flashback, is that a Zeon uniform?
Is that a bag of n&n's lying on the table? Is it part of the provisions for the JSDF as well?

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction