Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-06-16, 07:26   Link #5321
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Had the side of the box cut open, the contents removed, and then resealed.
Wow...

Wow...

Correct decision. Thank, mate. I think i will just shell out the extra $10 or so from now on

How much did you lose that time?
Old 2014-06-16, 08:44   Link #5322
GDB

I think it was like $40 worth. Not as bad as it could have been, but still enough to make me never go unregistered SAL again.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 11:08   Link #5323
BaronNoir

Afters tons of soulsearching, I found THE perfect option for Nendoroid display

(The resolution is atrocious, it was done with a webcam and I have obviously zero skill in photography)

Overall...

http://imgur.com/N7M3R1h

Small box...
http://imgur.com/N7M3R1h

Larger box...

http://imgur.com/YqzUSVK

The small box fits neatly a Nendoroid, but some with fancy haircuts may have trouble fitting in

Bought there...
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/c...uctId=10001593
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 13:29   Link #5324
Revan21

Good idea!

You might want to consider adding some backgrounds to them though

I have similar displays for some of my trading figs and the background image definitely creates a better scenery for them

Spoiler for image:

Last edited by Revan21; 2014-06-16 at 15:12.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 14:24   Link #5325
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Shipping cost will be $35 to here.... To add on the insult, they used inch and feet on size measurement, which is basically moon language for me

And i can't find anything remotely similar around here, so tough luck

Either way you need an impressive book case to make it looks nice in the first place...
Old 2014-06-16, 15:15   Link #5326
BaronNoir

The bookshelves themselves are 80$ stuff I bought at a reno store, so they are not very impressive indeed (but maybe you mean the books ?)
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 15:15   Link #5327
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Shipping cost will be $35 to here.... To add on the insult, they used inch and feet on size measurement, which is basically moon language for me
An inch is 2.54 cm, while a foot is 30.48 cm.

Imperial to metric converters are easy to come by online.
Old 2014-06-16, 20:29   Link #5328
iceyfw

phat is sure moving up. their latest revealed prototype painted figures in the last month are solid on picture. dat ass on satsuki from kill la kill posted today NSFW
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 00:06   Link #5329
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronNoir View Post
The bookshelves themselves are 80$ stuff I bought at a reno store, so they are not very impressive indeed (but maybe you mean the books ?)
Of course we are talking about the books , silly

It's easy to buy the bookcase, but filling in those books (to make it look like I"m a smart otaku) is a very difficult task. I means i can try my engineering books, but they came in all shape and size, and afraid the shelf will collapse first even before i put the figure on (each weight a ton, like 10kg, or at least i felt like so)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
An inch is 2.54 cm, while a foot is 30.48 cm.

Imperial to metric converters are easy to come by online.
Too bothersome. Don't want to.

Edit: btw, is it a good idea to buy figure from Amazon? The problem is: it seems they also sell fake one (separated into different section through), but the price are sometime close, or occasionally better than AmiAmi pre-owned. And they claimed to be "new" also

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-06-17 at 00:42.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 01:18   Link #5330
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Edit: btw, is it a good idea to buy figure from Amazon? The problem is: it seems they also sell fake one (separated into different section through), but the price are sometime close, or occasionally better than AmiAmi pre-owned. And they claimed to be "new" also
it's 50/50. amazon doesn't mess around with marketplace sellers. if they don't sell authentic stuff like they say, amazon gets rid of them quick. at best i wouldn't trust sellers with less than 500 feedback and what the negative feedbacks were about.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 01:37   Link #5331
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Btw, I don't understand the market tactics of AmiAmi when they refused to include the weight of the figure after packaged. I means if they already sold one before, they should know just the approximate weight so users can estimate the cost, right? Cause it's really disheartened to just order something cheap. And then when they get back with the order bill, it already included an extra 60 or 70% of shipping costs.

That way you can avoid some circumstance. For example no disrespect as everyone made mistake, but when i asked them how much such and such figure weighted. A few times they ended up providing with an unbelievable low number (like a 1/7 figure with package only 500g) and insisted that is the correct number if i question it.

In that way, i would have prefer to buy from Amazon or somewhere that provide the total costs so you can consider beforehand. But their stock is limited, and usual it's a bit more expensive too
Old 2014-06-17, 06:57   Link #5332
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Btw, anyone have in mind of a good figure but with surprisingly low price (due to low demand or high production, or some faulty, etc..). Prefer from Alter, and not from Nanoha series or Saber (cause i already looked at them all and already put some in watch list)

Want one with some cool pose and typical huge weapons or shield, or armour like this one http://myfigurecollection.net/item/6423
Old 2014-06-17, 09:06   Link #5333
GDB

^ Why is that Narika a mecha girl? She's a ninja from a hentai series.
Old 2014-06-17, 12:10   Link #5334
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
^ Why is that Narika a mecha girl? She's a ninja from a hentai series.
Who cared? She looks cool

Don't know if i should check out that hentai through, will feel very dirty looking at my figure later (assume i can buy her, still looking for an A/C or B/C version of her on AMiAMi btw....)
Old 2014-06-17, 12:15   Link #5335
GDB

It's fun if you've ever watched Angel Beats, since Haruka (title character) has the same VA as Yurippe (though she uses a stage name for hentai titles).
Old 2014-06-17, 12:21   Link #5336
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
It's fun if you've ever watched Angel Beats, since Haruka (title character) has the same VA as Yurippe (though she uses a stage name for hentai titles).
That is very very interesting...

Cause i really like Yurippe...

Hmm very interesting.... Say, is it a game, or a H series?
Old 2014-06-17, 12:26   Link #5337
GDB

H series (3 episodes, I believe) based on an H game. It made me really want to buy the Narika figure when I saw it on amiami a few months back (even though she's not Yurippe's character), but I just couldn't bring myself to do it when I didn't have anything else for it to share its shipping cost with.
Old 2014-06-17, 12:37   Link #5338
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
H series (3 episodes, I believe) based on an H game. It made me really want to buy the Narika figure when I saw it on amiami a few months back (even though she's not Yurippe's character), but I just couldn't bring myself to do it when I didn't have anything else for it to share its shipping cost with.
How much the "share shipping cost" generally help?

Cause if it's just 10-20% of the original shipping cost, i may avoid it. Could ended up buying what i don't really really want

Edit: but yeah last time i bought a figure, it gone from 1.1kg official number to 2kg after packaged for EMS. So the package is around 100% of original weight?
Old 2014-06-17, 12:40   Link #5339
GDB

Well, obviously adding things increases the shipping costs, but it essentially spreads the total cost out among items. I'm not sure what one item is, but since I usually buy a minimum of 2 figures (and some card sleeves or boxes of weiss schwarz) at a time, it usually comes out to about $40 in shipping.

It's not massive savings to the point that it's cheaper to buy something than it is to ship by itself, but it's more that spending that much to ship one thing isn't worth it for me. It's only worth it if you'd be buying stuff anyway and can wait a little, like I currently am on sleeves and just hoping they don't go out of stock before July.

Just remember, the box that it ships in adds quite a bit to the size and weight, so getting more in the box will naturally mean less weight per item, in a sense. It's certainly cheaper than buying one item a month, but you risk it selling out.
Old 2014-06-17, 12:54   Link #5340
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Well, obviously adding things increases the shipping costs, but it essentially spreads the total cost out among items. I'm not sure what one item is, but since I usually buy a minimum of 2 figures (and some card sleeves or boxes of weiss schwarz) at a time, it usually comes out to about $40 in shipping.

It's not massive savings to the point that it's cheaper to buy something than it is to ship by itself, but it's more that spending that much to ship one thing isn't worth it for me. It's only worth it if you'd be buying stuff anyway and can wait a little, like I currently am on sleeves and just hoping they don't go out of stock before July.

Just remember, the box that it ships in adds quite a bit to the size and weight, so getting more in the box will naturally mean less weight per item, in a sense. It's certainly cheaper than buying one item a month, but you risk it selling out.
Can you give me an example of two figures you bought and how much weight did you pay for in the end?

As on Plamoya, they do showed item weight, so i can check the weight of your two figures, and see when combined how much the box alone will weight. For example, my earlier example, the box ended up weighting 81% of the figure for me, but it was a huge and pretty much empty box