AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-01, 18:11   Link #1141
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Saw the Horsemens mount drop yesterday as well, friend won it though, QQ. Got a squashling though.

It looks awesome though, grats.
Old 2008-11-01, 18:11   Link #1142
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Chaos Bolt and Incinerate now-a-days. Shadow bolt isn't where its at anymore.
Old 2008-11-01, 19:28   Link #1143
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
They had it coming, now it's Mages time to shine.
Blue posts from a couple of months ago did indicate that Blizzard was very concerned that the Warlock vs Mage face-up was too skewed in favour of Warlocks. So seeing Arcane being a good dual spec is very pleasing and to be able to have a good chance versus Warlocks now is heartening.

Realisitcally, every class will have 2-3 classes that will be ther weakness. For Mages at present, Ret pallies is officially a lost cause. Best hope is to counterspell, polly, invis and hide. Arms Warriors with Bladestorm rip through cloth like a knife through butter. And Rogues...well, no point in discussin that one. But if you aren't the focus or get a chance to jump, you can get fast burst damage and ruin almost anything. Apparently Arcane Mages do well in 2s now with a Ret pally or rogue. But they say Boomkin + Rogue is easily the best combo now. 15% chance to stun with Starfire...yike.

I think Immolate + Incinerate has been outdoing Shadow Bolt for a long time. It's been the stock standard of the top Warlocks on my server for all of TBC.

So getting a Tabard of the Argent Dawn is a Feat of Strength?! That just doesn't make sense....
Old 2008-11-01, 20:37   Link #1144
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

It's a Feat of Strength because it'll only happen during the invasion then not again?
Or at least I don't recall getting their tabard any other way. And if you can you won't get the Achievement (Since it specifically says 'During the 2008 Scourge Invasion'). There was probably one for 2007 too.
Old 2008-11-01, 20:46   Link #1145
Komori
D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuukazi YES View Post
green fire is overrated, you'll just chain casting shadow bolt anyway
Blizzard has changed up our spec a bunch so it's not as simple as Shadow Bolt spam anymore, thank you very much. >:O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Chaos Bolt and Incinerate now-a-days. Shadow bolt isn't where its at anymore.
Only as Destruction. I've been raiding as Demonology which seems pretty good. Pumping out 2k+ DPS on Brutallus without 4 piece T6 (I consider this an accomplishment, at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I think Immolate + Incinerate has been outdoing Shadow Bolt for a long time. It's been the stock standard of the top Warlocks on my server for all of TBC.
This would be all personal DPS. Shadow Bolt Destruction was about boosting raid DPS through Improved Shadow Bolt (it helped both Shadow Priests and other Warlocks). Fire was all about boosting your own DPS. So while your DPS is higher, the raid DPS is slightly lower.

Quote:
So getting a Tabard of the Argent Dawn is a Feat of Strength?! That just doesn't make sense....
It does make sense, actually. The Tabard of the Argent Dawn was previously only available during the Scourge Invasion when Naxxramas first opened pre-BC. Since it's reopening again in WotLK, we get to experience the event again, but for level 70s. This will probably be the last time it happens unless they reopen Naxxramas AGAIN. There's no other way to get the tabard.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 20:51   Link #1146
ryuukazi
Empire of the Sun

Send a message via AIM to ryuukazi
all you warlocks get all defensive Played a Prot tank. so all i see is Fireballs and Shadow bolts from casters but last i check shadow still had better raid utility while fire had a slight better personal dps increases. no idea anymore tho.

Thought I’d never see, The love you found in me, Now it’s changing all the time, Living in a rhythm where the minutes working overtime
ryuukazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 20:56   Link #1147
Komori
D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuukazi YES View Post
all you warlocks get all defensive Played a Prot tank. so all i see is Fireballs and Shadow bolts from casters but last i check shadow still had better raid utility while fire had a slight better personal dps increases. no idea anymore tho.
Heh, I was in the process of editing my post with various responses. :P

Fire was about personal raid DPS because Immolate helped with Incinerate, and a Fire Mage's Scorch stacks also helped a Fire Warlock. I think fire would've been more popular if say, Immolate gave other fire users buffs.

Shadow Warlocks always took Improved Shadow Bolt, which gave a debuff on the mob that increased shadow damage every time you crit. This buff affected all shadow users and stacked with a Shadow Priest's shadow debuffs, making it a potent combination.

It's a shame they did away with that. Improved Shadow Bolt is practically useless now since it's a self buff, same for Shadow Priest debuffs.
Old 2008-11-01, 21:47   Link #1148
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I hear that Metamorphosis for 51 Demonology isn't that good. I've only seen one person do it and he respecced soon after.
Old 2008-11-01, 21:50   Link #1149
Komori
D:

Quote:
I hear that Metamorphosis for 51 Demonology isn't that good. I've only seen one person do it and he respecced soon after.
It really isn't. The raiding Demonology spec doesn't go past 46 points. When using Metamorphosis, you can be feared by Paladins and their Undead/Demon spells work on you. GG.
Old 2008-11-01, 22:09   Link #1150
ryuukazi
Empire of the Sun

Send a message via AIM to ryuukazi
been a long time since i logged on wow. our guild finished illidan and i decided to play warhammer But that change (nerf?) to Improved shadow bolt seems dumb; oh well.

Anyone in Beta try the new instances/raids at all? was thinking about returning if the PvE was fresh and not just same girl with new make-up

Thought I’d never see, The love you found in me, Now it’s changing all the time, Living in a rhythm where the minutes working overtime
ryuukazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 22:09   Link #1151
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What limited PVP I've done (defending cities, attacking Halaa) since the patch, I've noticed that I'm worse than I already was (Destruction). But Chaos Bolt is actually kind of nice right now, dispite its lackluster damaged. Priests shields have no chance against it (I remembered this when a Horde group was attacking Stormwind Harbor and the priest kept using shield)

I've also found that Chaos bolt always hits. Even against the level 80 combat dummies. It doesn't hit for much against level 80, but it hits every time. I did a few cycles on the dummy. Could not hit with much at all (I changed rotations to see what my mana usage was like). Hit with a single shadow bolt...maybe an incinerate on a different rotation....but every Chaos Bolt hit. And I have only like 45 hit (3.5% at 70)

Any recommendations for a 70 lock with 600 spell power unbuffed that doesn't raid? (comes out to 751 spell power with untalented Fel Armor)
Old 2008-11-02, 00:11   Link #1152
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah at 70 Meta is a really lackluster talent, I spec'd my Gnome into Meta for Demonic Leap but they changed it to a gimp ass generic charge. I was quite bitter. It might be OK at 80, but yeah its hardly impressive as it is at level 70.
Old 2008-11-02, 01:25   Link #1153
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post
It really isn't. The raiding Demonology spec doesn't go past 46 points. When using Metamorphosis, you can be feared by Paladins and their Undead/Demon spells work on you. GG.
It's a good talent against Rogues and Warrior. One of my guildies had a lot of fun with it in pvp.
Old 2008-11-02, 05:24   Link #1154
Komori
D:

Quote:
I've also found that Chaos bolt always hits. Even against the level 80 combat dummies. It doesn't hit for much against level 80, but it hits every time. I did a few cycles on the dummy. Could not hit with much at all (I changed rotations to see what my mana usage was like). Hit with a single shadow bolt...maybe an incinerate on a different rotation....but every Chaos Bolt hit. And I have only like 45 hit (3.5% at 70)
It's all in the tooltip. "Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through all absorption effects."

Quote:
Any recommendations for a 70 lock with 600 spell power unbuffed that doesn't raid? (comes out to 751 spell power with untalented Fel Armor)
Wrath is 11 days away. I recommend you start preparing for 80 instead of 70. Do your dailies and stock up on gold. Maybe even stock up on honor so you'll have at least 1 epic as soon as you hit 80. Get whatever professions you have to 375 so you'll be prepared, etc.
Old 2008-11-02, 20:53   Link #1155
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@Ithekro: I'd say doing these.

1. Rack up some honor.
2. Stockpile some gold from easy dailies or profession farming.
3. Have professions at 375. What professions are you doing btw?
4. Check out www.worldofraids.com as well as http://wotlk.wowhead.com and www.thottbot.com for info on Level 80 things. Pick out what factions you want to grind and want instance/rep/honor loot you want to aim for. Also check what decent blues you can get from each zone/instance before 80.
5. Figure out whether you want to go after +Hit gear or +Haste gear.
6. Knock off any easy/Outland achievements that you want to get done by the 13th. Because they won't be able to be done once everyone racks off to Northrend!
Old 2008-11-03, 06:24   Link #1156
Ending

Quote:
But Chaos Bolt is actually kind of nice right now, dispite its lackluster damaged. Priests shields have no chance against it
Tell me about it... Like priests didn't already have enough difficulties in PvP, where I would give all my heals for metamorphosis just to live a little longer.

There's quite a few fishing oriented achievements, by the way, so I picked up the skill for the first time. Kinda nice to put on your RP stuff and just level it up in different parts of Azeroth. Also gives quests towards that "Loremaster" title quite many seem to be going for.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 09:14   Link #1157
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Tell me about it... Like priests didn't already have enough difficulties in PvP, where I would give all my heals for metamorphosis just to live a little longer.
Before 3.0, disc/holy priest are a friggin bitch to kill. They are as bad as resto/feral druids. In PvP, the toughest healers to kill are druids and priest. Shaman's are pretty bad as well if they got room to kite. Paladins are the easiest.

Unless you are shadow...
Old 2008-11-03, 12:43   Link #1158
Komori
D:

You know you're fighting someone who bought their character when... a level 70 rogue in Vengeful (minus shoulders) doesn't even get close to you even after popping all CDs. He tried so hard, even stun locking me at LM, but he never stood a chance. Felguard eats him alive.

Yeah, it's serious business. I love fighting baddies in BGs. My gear looks like S2/S3 which throws them off. Sometimes it backfires. Having all the Retadins and Warriors in the area coming after you is NOT fun.

Edit: Just read the previous conversation. Disc Priests are still a bitch. I've tried killing them and it feels like they never go down. Druids are pretty easy, especially if they are trees (idiots). Paladins have the annoying bubble but after that it's GG. Shaman are kinda difficult for me if they play correctly and use Earth Shock, Tremor Totem, Grounding Totem. Fucks me all up.
Old 2008-11-03, 13:09   Link #1159
Ending

Quote:
Before 3.0, disc/holy priest are a friggin bitch to kill. They are as bad as resto/feral druids. In PvP, the toughest healers to kill are druids and priest. Shaman's are pretty bad as well if they got room to kite. Paladins are the easiest.
I'm holy spec, so I don't have two crucial abilities that decide does the assist-train succeed: Pain Suppression (40% damage reduction) and Focused Will (6% damage reduction, 9% more healing). Both were nerfed in the previous patch.

I don't like swapping specs every week either, which seems like a big waste of time and money if raiding is your first priority. So by being off-spec I make myself a bad PvPer, which really stinks. You know what they say on the official boards?
"Gear >> setup >> skill", and that sucks.

Quote:
Druids are pretty easy, especially if they are trees (idiots).
That probably makes me an idiot too for nothing playing the game "as it should be played." I'm not the only one either, so now all the l77ts are wondering why they are suddenly playing in 1600-1700 ratings after the bottom brackets dropped out. Some of us want to have fun, stand a fair chance, and progress without being subjugated to anal raping.

Yes, I'm saying that the player vs. player aspect of WoW is a complete mess at the moment. It was bad before, but v3 really sank it to all-time low.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 13:39   Link #1160
Komori
D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
That probably makes me an idiot too for nothing playing the game "as it should be played."
The only reason I call a Druid who goes tree form in PvP an idiot is because they can be banished. Kinda like how a Warlock can be feared by a Paladin in Metamorphosis. If a Druid went tree in an arena against a Warlock, they're effectively out of the match. Not to mention tree is a self snare pretty much.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows