AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-01-28, 06:49   Link #41
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Well, it means that the O Gundam doesn't have its GN drive anymore. That's about all it means, though. It could still be sitting around somewhere... maybe being made into the OO ;O
Its already explained that Fershete is using that drive to power its four Gundams. So I doubt the drive'd be moved to the anime CB anytime soon as that would mean the end of Fershete's Gundams and the end of Gundam 00F itself.

More likely, the OO Gundam will get either a new, more powerful drive (something that'd probably be a once in a lifetime thing, as CB had only 5 drives as well 15 years ago), uses the Thrones' imitation drive or they transfer the third generation suits' drives to the fourth generation suits (OO Gundam?) somehow.
Old 2008-01-28, 08:53   Link #42
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Its already explained that Fershete is using that drive to power its four Gundams. So I doubt the drive'd be moved to the anime CB anytime soon as that would mean the end of Fershete's Gundams and the end of Gundam 00F itself.

More likely, the OO Gundam will get either a new, more powerful drive (something that'd probably be a once in a lifetime thing, as CB had only 5 drives as well 15 years ago), uses the Thrones' imitation drive or they transfer the third generation suits' drives to the fourth generation suits (OO Gundam?) somehow.
They'll probably work the O Gundam and the GN Drive into the anime story at some point even if its a cameo. The O Gundam is too important a unit to Setsuna not to appear again in the anime. It'll probably be similar to what they did for the Astray tie-ins with SEED, where it never directly mentions or shows any of the 00F characters.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 11:41   Link #43
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:

I meant that maybe the O Gundam was being remade into the OO, not the O's GN Drive!
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 19:15   Link #44
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
WTF??

There's a girl inside HARO?!

Old 2008-01-28, 19:28   Link #45
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
They'll probably work the O Gundam and the GN Drive into the anime story at some point even if its a cameo. The O Gundam is too important a unit to Setsuna not to appear again in the anime. It'll probably be similar to what they did for the Astray tie-ins with SEED, where it never directly mentions or shows any of the 00F characters.
Yeah, the O Gundam most likely appear. Its GN Drive... Hard to say, for reasons stated above.

As for the OO Gundam being remade from the O Gundam, I hope not. O Gundam is way too Okawara, so another rehashed design is something we don't need.
Old 2008-01-28, 20:01   Link #46
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
WTF??

There's a girl inside HARO?!

I suppose she is a hologram.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 01:34   Link #47
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Uh... there's no such thing as the OO Gundam. :/
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 18:52   Link #48
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Uh... there's no such thing as the OO Gundam. :/
There is a Gundam 00 though.

In another words, "speculation". New word for ya.
Old 2008-01-29, 19:41   Link #49
Terra

Quote:

The problem is a lot of people go on about it like it's fact. I've seen it so many times, yet they're just guessing that there will be a 00 Gundam. I'm against the idea since it goes out of synch with CB's naming convention for Gundams. 0 Gundam was the first before they went with their angel/god naming standard. I don't see them going back to something else.
Old 2008-01-29, 19:54   Link #50
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:

Which basically spreads like wildfire and thus leads to inaccurate information. As the director stated before, the title was an accident, and it probably won't ever lead to anything. Speculation on something no one has any information on (in terms of the manga other than what was released in English) is somewhat moot. It's basically looking at the pictures attempting to guess at what it means. -_-;

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2008-01-29, 20:52   Link #51
Panon

Quote:
As the director stated before, the title was an accident, and it probably won't ever lead to anything.
Since when?

Seiji Mizushima said it began as a temporary title that ended up becoming permanent, and there is meaning in it which will be revealed later in the show.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 22:53   Link #52
brightman
Ancient Member

^Just to stress the fact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunota
Q: Tell us how the title "Mobile Suit Gundam 00" came about?
A: It started as a temporary title, but it ended up being the official title. Originally I wanted to have a cool name, but we all forgot about it. Besides the obvious reason of starting from zero, there are other reasons. Right now it is a secret, but it will become a keyword as the story progresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
The problem is a lot of people go on about it like it's fact. I've seen it so many times, yet they're just guessing that there will be a 00 Gundam. I'm against the idea since it goes out of synch with CB's naming convention for Gundams. 0 Gundam was the first before they went with their angel/god naming standard. I don't see them going back to something else.
Multiple fractions within CB having different standards/namers having different preferences/Gundams made by other non-CB fractions/Setsuna naming his new Gundam after his savior notwithstanding.

And who said O Gundam is called that because it was the "first"? (why not "Gundam No. 1" instead? Why not rename it when they got new "standards"?) Its more speculation. You just fell into the same trap you warned against.
Old 2008-01-30, 00:30   Link #53
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panon View Post
Since when?

Seiji Mizushima said it began as a temporary title that ended up becoming permanent, and there is meaning in it which will be revealed later in the show.
Given what Japanese blogs have stated over the course of the show, I have reason to believe otherwise.

At any rate, we released 00V for those interested.

Old 2008-01-30, 09:13   Link #54
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Mizushima NEVER said that 00 has no meaning. He just said that the title was initially a placeholder, but that 00 did have several significant meanings that would be more apparent as the show progresses.

I don't see why anyone would put more stock into what blogs have to say rather that what Mizushima says in his interviews. He's given a ton of them, and I've read most of them. :P
Old 2008-01-30, 09:54   Link #55
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Yet we know by now not to really trust interviews with Directors for any anime show. Fukuda didn't come through in some of his, so why would he? And yes I mentioned Fukuda, so don't go all apeshit Destiny hating on me it won't work.

Old 2008-01-30, 10:11   Link #56
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

I was flipping through my copy of Feb's Dengenki today and wondered why Chall looked so familiar. Then it dawned on me. She resembles Ichijou from Onegai Teacher.

I checked it up on ANN and yup, it's the guy who did the Onegai series' concept character art.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=1366
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 10:58   Link #57
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Yet we know by now not to really trust interviews with Directors for any anime show. Fukuda didn't come through in some of his, so why would he? And yes I mentioned Fukuda, so don't go all apeshit Destiny hating on me it won't work.
Errr what? I mean, what are you talking about. What did Fukuda say that was a lie or a fabrication? SEED Destiny sucked, but I don't get what this has to do with his interviews? Has there been a single printed interview with Fukuda during SEED or SEED-D's airings that turned out to be false information or outright lies? Seriously.
Old 2008-01-30, 11:18   Link #58
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

"00" is most likely the name of a new Gundam we've yet to see. Maybe it's the model number(GN/Y-000?) or a code name for it, or something. It was the case with many of the past Gundam titles; for example, Gundam Wing(Wing Gundam), G Gundam(God Gundam), Gundam X, and SEED Destiny if you would.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 11:34   Link #59
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace View Post
"00" is most likely the name of a new Gundam we've yet to see. Maybe it's the model number(GN/Y-000?) or a code name for it, or something. It was the case with many of the past Gundam titles; for example, Gundam Wing(Wing Gundam), G Gundam(God Gundam), Gundam X, and SEED Destiny if you would.
Unlikely to be a GNY model number since the GNY series has only been the second gen Gundams, and they don't have proper GN drives. Only 5 GN Drives exist and all the suits that have them have GN model numbers. Thrones are GNW. Looks like only suits that have real GN drives have GN model numbers.
Old 2008-01-30, 12:51   Link #60
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Directors don't have to tell the truth with interviews. Interviews are often off the record and tend to touch on things that are not necessarily going to happen in the show. If I remember correctly, he stated that there would be lots of romance in the series, which in turn hasn't happened and won't happen.