AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 17:28   Link #2901
Pen3

today has been horrible i think i went 3/20 and got to a point i decided to take a break.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:39   Link #2902
Gravitas Free Zone

I hopped in to two games to test out the Cromwell's final gun and to just... do stuff... with the KV-2.

Cromwell's final gun: Not bad, ROF could be a bit better, but I can work with it.

The games themselves were disasters, as the Cromwell game had my team road raging all over itself because of some fender-bender involving a KV-1S and a Pz38nA, and in the KV-2 game both of our other two heavies didn't manage to connect to the server until four minutes in, by which point the base was being overrun.

So it goes... at least I managed two kills in each game.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:55   Link #2903
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well, I just got my E-75's last gun, so I can understand the RoF bit.

The tank now packs a significant punch. Unfortunately, at less than 5 ROF (with upgrades), the power of the E-75 may appear to be a bit underwhelming. Furthermore, the accuracy also suffers. I also don't understand why the pen is lower than its E-50 counterpart.

Oh well.

- Tak (Now working on final engine)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:58   Link #2904
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Yup i've decided the T-34 commie is a piece of trash. I'm selling it after I get the SU-85 researched.
Actually on my 3rd acc I perform a lot better in the T-34 than in any other tank on that acc (I have a full upgraded Wolverine, SU-85, PzIII). 57mm + Rammer + BIA + Vents + Gunner with Dead Eye = who wants panzer cheese? (Just to be sure, it reloads in 1.8 seconds). Besides the acceleration & top speed aren't so great and it's a little slow. Still it can absord and even bounce shots from other tanks of it's tier. In a top of best tanks i've played with, this is in the 5th spot.

And let me tell you a secret: the SU-85 isn't that great either, in fact is even worse.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 18:55   Link #2905
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
20 battles isn't a couple dozen.
Well, it's 4 less than a couple dozen, and was quoting from memory

Still, I'm liking my Pershing quite a lot, much more than I did the T20. Well, I was biased against the T20 anyways, but the T20 did have the annoying tendency to be way too soft with crew dying left and right. The Pershing can at least take a hit and protect the crew Finally, as I initially mentioned the Pershing really feels more nimble than the T20, capable of much tighter turns which aids in flanking.

Other musings:

For those wanting to go up the British Tank Destroyer line, one thing I can definitely say from my experience in the test server is that unless you are extremely patient, it's much better to go up the line via the main branch rather than shortcutting through the Churchill Gun Carrier. The only advantage of the Churchill Gun Carrier over other Tier 6 TD's is that its 32pdr gun gun pretty much penetrate anything it faces using only AP rounds, even against Tier 8 tanks. However, the narrow gun traverse, slow hull traverse speed and relatively thin armor means the Churchill Gun Carrier is actually quite a difficult tank to use assaults, and you'll die quite a lot in close combat. It's very much a sniper tank by any standard even for Tank Destroyers, which thankfully all of its guns are accurate enough to facilitate that.

If you don't want to grind your teeth trying to learn the Churchill Gun Carrier, the AT-8 is a much more forgiving alternative. While it may not have the mighty 32pdr gun and is even slower and more sluggish, the AT-8's incredible armor and larger HP pool makes it a much better assault tank than the Churchill Gun Carrier, and its playstyle isn't that much different from its predecessor the AT-2 or its successor the AT-7.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-02-18 at 19:08.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 19:18   Link #2906
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Actually on my 3rd acc I perform a lot better in the T-34 than in any other tank on that acc (I have a full upgraded Wolverine, SU-85, PzIII). 57mm + Rammer + BIA + Vents + Gunner with Dead Eye = who wants panzer cheese? (Just to be sure, it reloads in 1.8 seconds).
This is exactly how my T-34's equipment and gunner are laid out. It shoots faster than it can aim, but given a chance to aim for weak spots I can totally confound an opponent.

(The KV-1 has this setup also, minus the BiA, and can do a similar job on things... actually, feeling slightly less compelled to drive around to avoid damage, meaning that I can think a bit more about aiming, the KV-1 can actually do even better than the T-34.)
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 19:19   Link #2907
Tak

So Leo, whats the current German light tank line?

OTOH, I just went to Wargaming's Warplanes and Warships page. It would appear they are ambitiously attempting to merge all three franchises together into one big giant game.

Well, I can't say I am not excited. That being said, could we eventually have World of Infantry?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2013-02-18 at 19:47.
Old 2013-02-18, 20:30   Link #2908
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Yup i've decided the T-34 commie is a piece of trash. I'm selling it after I get the SU-85 researched. Then I will continue on the IS line. While slowly grind the E5. and do the US Turret TD line and maybe autoloader line as well.
The T-34's high ROF/acciracy/aimtime, decent pen, and maneuverability are nothing to to scoff at. You are most likely doing it wrong.

Also, just got the PLA version. I'm feeling the lack of gun depression but on my first game I got 1200 damage with a 50% crew. I think it is just as good as the Soviet original.

Quote:
So Leo, whats the current German light tank line?
You talking to me? I don't do German light tanks.

Quote:
OTOH, I just went to Wargaming's Warplanes and Warships page. It would appear they are ambitiously attempting to merge all three franchises together into one big giant game.
can you link me to the page?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 20:31   Link #2909
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

World of infantry....

I will hay that it will work better as squads, like in company of heroes. With a game style similar to freedom fighters or ghost recon
Old 2013-02-18, 20:35   Link #2910
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
World of infantry....

I will hay that it will work better as squads, like in company of heroes. With a game style similar to freedom fighters or ghost recon
Imagine if they merged WoT and WoI, then APCs would become a thing, and Panzerschreck teams would become the new scourge to whine about.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 20:52   Link #2911
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Guys Stop Remind Me about World In Conflict T.T

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

well luckily we have Wargame:European Escalation but still not as great as WiC

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 21:04   Link #2912
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Imagine if they merged WoT and WoI, then APCs would become a thing, and Panzerschreck teams would become the new scourge to whine about.
You mean Company of Heroes 2 + Battlefield?
Old 2013-02-18, 21:34   Link #2913
Sumeragi
Banned

WG is planning to MERGE accounts so you can play all three without having to register separately. They do not plan on merging the games themselves.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 21:35   Link #2914
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

yeah that will never happen, CoH2 didn't even come out yet.

BF3 and BF4 (coming out in 2014) are using Frostbite 2 engine.

I beat the T-34's reload spd of 1.8 secs in the Matilda of 1.77 secs (vents and rammer, I might get BiA for the last set of specialization). The reason I loathe the commie tank is that you need to keep moving and readjusting aim if you don't use auto-aim feature. Its funny how they say stop aim botting, when its part of the game.

I love the Matilda, becuz most nubs will shoot it from the front. I could beat a tier V with it one on one if they just keep hitting the front. I find it alot better than the church I, but that just me, my Churchill I has 4.14 secs with vents and rammer using the last gun. My KV-1 does 4.21 secs with vents and rammer.
Old 2013-02-18, 21:41   Link #2915
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Auto-aim isn't aimbot. The developers have gone on record saying that the autoaim feature is pretty much useless for anything that is moving. It also aims at center-mass .. which is usually a bad thing.

Last edited by willx; 2013-02-18 at 22:12.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 21:48   Link #2916
Sumeragi
Banned

It is good when you're a E-50 circling a heavy.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 22:00   Link #2917
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I'm feeling like I really need to get better at this game (just came back to play for a bit). It's like my Easy Eight is groaning at horrific driver failure at every turn.

It's not like I'm bad, I contribute, hurt things, kill things, attack; but the Easy Eight is a brilliant tank capable of great hilarity, and the driver isn't making it happening.

I figured I desperately need to "upgrade" three skills in particular:

1) Brawling. E8 is worthless exchanging fire, everything can pen it, but it's wonderful at circle-strafing, delivering death in a thousand cuts. A great E8 player is like a great Cromwell player -- they run all over nasty heavies that can blow them up in one or two shots, delivering flank shot after flank shot. I'm slowly getting better at this, but is nowhere near good.

2) Tactical game reading. E8 shines when it's second line, flanking, or exploiting breakthroughs. It does not hold down the fort or storm through the front. I keep getting into places where I end up having to hold down the fort, or stalled along with some group of tanks trading peek-a-booms. I need to learn where I should be, and, in the middle of a peek-a-boom, how to break the stalemate and deliver an overrun. The E8 wants to move.

3) When, and how, to run. Really. It's very hard to break out of that mindset when the first "real" tank I had was the M4, which can derp the enemy back into hiding, and no good at running. E8 can't do that (oh it has derp but why would I use it?), but it can run.

All these are interrelated, too. If I'm better at reading the game, then I can brawl with more confidence (it's kind of traumatizing when one's about to brilliantly circle-strafe a vulnerable heavy, only to get smacked by some TD in the back), know where to run to. If I'm better at brawling, then I can cause breakthroughs and don't waste the E8 on a peek-a-boom, and the faster I kill the thing in front of me the less likely I'll get overwhelmed by numbers. And if I'm better at running, um, I survive.

Interestingly, I haven't seen a fellow E8 on either side ever actually using this tank to its full potential in the game, myself. Then again I only play public games. Worthless as I am, I think I'm better.

I guess I just need to play more, but aside from that, how to learn these skills?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 22:15   Link #2918
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

watch youtube videos of how to play the easy 8.

only reason y i didn't go E8 was just that:

weak armor, almost paper thin, its too fast for me, and it doesn't suit my play style where i like to sit like a duck and quack at ppl while everything bounces off my front armor. thats y i went E2 and T29, and T32, and M103.

QUACK!

anyways we the clan will push the blame on Q, since he's the Czar of MUP(pet) clan. (*no offense Q*)
Old 2013-02-18, 23:10   Link #2919
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
watch youtube videos of how to play the easy 8.

only reason y i didn't go E8 was just that:

weak armor, almost paper thin, its too fast for me, and it doesn't suit my play style where i like to sit like a duck and quack at ppl while everything bounces off my front armor. thats y i went E2 and T29, and T32, and M103.

QUACK!
Well actually that's my playstyle too when I play heavies, except the IS, which is a heavy that believes is a medium. I wan't to try the US heavy line someday.

On another thing, people STILL complaining that arty is too OP and should be nerfed/removed from the game, it's not our fault that they like to sit in the middle of the field waiting to be shooted at, rules of the game. Surely those idiots don't know how frustrating is playing arty sometimes, and the RNG treats us worse than everybody thinks.
Old 2013-02-19, 00:11   Link #2920
Tak

No Leo, I meant, what tanks are now available for German light?

- Tak

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks