AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-04, 15:26   Link #81
KLGChaos
The Shermain

So, not only is he clueless in the anime, he's a siscon, too. Lovely.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-03-05 at 05:05.
Old 2011-03-04, 22:27   Link #82
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Lol! Sister complex runs strong, never thought that would happened for somebody who's clueless of what's going around him. Still, at least he's not immune to a woman's body.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2011-03-05, 14:23   Link #83
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Indeed, the siscon meter on Ichika is running off the charts, especially with episode 9 and his reaction to seeing her in a swimsuit...
Old 2011-03-05, 14:32   Link #84
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I think she'd gotten that reaction out of him wearing that swimsuit regardless of being related to him or not...
Old 2011-03-05, 18:18   Link #85
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Wasn't there a discussion about Chifuyu and him actually being not related by blood?
Old 2011-03-05, 18:59   Link #86
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Wasn't there a discussion about Chifuyu and him actually being not related by blood?
Hm, it won't be surprising if it did have one no? Just to satisfy the viewers and readers at least
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2011-03-05, 20:13   Link #87
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Spoiler for Speculation about Ichika Being Blood Related in LN:
Old 2011-03-06, 00:03   Link #88
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Oh come on, don't take all the fun out of it
Old 2011-03-09, 18:46   Link #89
zibi88

come on guys... give the poor guy a break xD he is the only man in the world that can operate an IS... its a huge presure on him... if he goes outside academy... some freaks might capture him and experiment on him in order to find WHY HIM and how to operate an IS by male's...

he is weak becouse he was NEVER learning about IS related stuff becouse WHAT FOR... if male's cant ride an IS so why bother to learn about them in order to get into IS academy while doing some examination in order to enter...

Ichika was "forced" to enter the academy only becouse he was able to ride an IS... and it was kinda to protect him from other countries and all... his sister was the one that already arranged his academy entrance... so he had no choice he had to go somewhere he never wanted to go...

so its natural that ichika looks weak... becouse he was never learning about IS...how to ride and IS... about their weapons... and all other stuff... compared to females that mostly have mothers that were in that academy.. and were hardly studing in orde to enter that school by passing the exams...

so generally ichik'as knowladge about IS is VERY limited compared to girls (who knew that they want to enter this school and were learning to do so)... and he has to learn it from the basic's while others go the advenced path already.... yet other normal girls IS control abilities are weaker (not mention the main female lead aka harem) than ichika's who was able to control an IS very good even if it was his 2nd time...

becouse he was forced to enter the school and was never learning about IS I give him a break... its like with Touma from Index.... he has no power yet his power is his talking XD (and later a falcon punch)

still Ichika is soo dense if it come to girls that it hurts my eye's sometimes....a girl has to go streight in front of him and say her feelings otherwise he wont understand :P so yeah here he needs to be punished :P and he generally is... in a chain of misunderstandings :P
Old 2011-03-10, 01:14   Link #90
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
still Ichika is soo dense if it come to girls that it hurts my eye's sometimes....a girl has to go streight in front of him and say her feelings otherwise he wont understand :P so yeah here he needs to be punished :P and he generally is... in a chain of misunderstandings :P
I'd say it's probably likely that he is aware but chooses to ignore it. To acknowledge would force him to think about his own feelings which would force him to choose. but they are all good friends of his and he wouldn't want anything to come between all of them.
Old 2011-03-10, 08:37   Link #91
eiyuu99

Quote:
becouse he was never learning about IS
Ichika was given a manual earlier and he forgot about it, ending with Chifuyu berating him.

Ignoring his IS control, sword skills and current lack of ranged abilities in an IS,
his personal kendo skills have also weakened, to Houki's dismay, as he ignored it during his middle school days.
Old 2011-03-11, 13:37   Link #92
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
come on guys... give the poor guy a break xD he is the only man in the world that can operate an IS... its a huge presure on him... if he goes outside academy... some freaks might capture him and experiment on him in order to find WHY HIM and how to operate an IS by male's...

he is weak becouse he was NEVER learning about IS related stuff becouse WHAT FOR... if male's cant ride an IS so why bother to learn about them in order to get into IS academy while doing some examination in order to enter...

Ichika was "forced" to enter the academy only becouse he was able to ride an IS... and it was kinda to protect him from other countries and all... his sister was the one that already arranged his academy entrance... so he had no choice he had to go somewhere he never wanted to go...

so its natural that ichika looks weak... becouse he was never learning about IS...how to ride and IS... about their weapons... and all other stuff... compared to females that mostly have mothers that were in that academy.. and were hardly studing in orde to enter that school by passing the exams...

so generally ichik'as knowladge about IS is VERY limited compared to girls (who knew that they want to enter this school and were learning to do so)... and he has to learn it from the basic's while others go the advenced path already.... yet other normal girls IS control abilities are weaker (not mention the main female lead aka harem) than ichika's who was able to control an IS very good even if it was his 2nd time...

becouse he was forced to enter the school and was never learning about IS I give him a break... its like with Touma from Index.... he has no power yet his power is his talking XD (and later a falcon punch)

Most of the other girls, with the except of maybe Laura, probably haven't had a ton of training with IS's either. It's why they're in school-- to learn how to use and control IS's. Ichika decided to be lazy and ignore all that. He wants all the power, it seems, but he doesn't want to work to get it. He'd rather just charge in blindly and waste all his shield power missing targets.

As I said before, it's not just him. I'm just personally tired of the loser-type protagonists in all these harem mangas, especially those with action. I can't identify with those types of characters, so I don't really enjoy reading about them.
Old 2011-03-12, 22:40   Link #93
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

There was a question I asked myself before, and I'm sure a lot others have, and it seems to me the main topic I see 'round the parts of the web I visit, is Ichika's harem followed by "why him", "what do they see in him", and what not. So I thought I'd answer that question here in his own little thread explaining a little more into his paradise and why it should not be frowned upon at a simple glance.by the way, I tried to be as serious as possible, so it's really not a bad read. Honest

Spoiler for walls of text with the typical mangatron explanation:

I'd like to point out that, despite my own explanation, I still think it's too much of a coincidence and still has a few holes, but I hope this at least made the view a little clearer of that dark cloud surrounding the question of Ichika's harem and why they continue to pursue this... this obstacle in my pursuit of Houki. If you liked this, share it around, let others know it's not all simple and easy for him to be surrounded by MY girls. I myself will dump this onto my blog and trust me, I coughed and wheezed through this typed wall on a sunday morning. Time to rest
Old 2011-03-12, 23:06   Link #94
Dahak86
Classics never age

glad to see the mangatron in good shape, finally.
just when I said there was no need for "reasons", you just HAD to dump this wall-of-text on me, uh?

anyways, not trying to be an azz, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Spoiler for walls of text with the typical mangatron explanation:
technically the series showed us another male character (hopefully within a 200km radius ) -> Dan Gotanda. who seems to be much better than Ichika, and had him been the male-lead there probably wouldn't be all those and questions about Ichika and "what do the girls see in him" by now...

well, I'm much more interested in his younger sister Ran, by the way...
Old 2011-03-12, 23:32   Link #95
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
you just HAD to dump this wall-of-text on me, uh?

I-I don't know what you're talking about! I-it's not like I did it for you! D-don't get the wrong idea!

Quote:
anyways, not trying to be an azz, but...

technically the series showed us another male character (hopefully within a 200km radius ) -> Dan Gotanda. who seems to be much better than Ichika, and had him been the male-lead there probably wouldn't be all those and questions about Ichika and "what do the girls see in him" by now...

well, I'm much more interested in his younger sister Ran, by the way...
Oh you just had to mention him, didn't you? Honestly, my "200km" joke basically means "within the school grounds", since Danny's in town where there were a number of other male's in the background, so Dan's not so special anymore

And I too find Ran.... "interesting." when we first saw her, those hot pants, that unkempt tanktop, and with that much hair, it just screams "Make me into a ponytail!"

Damnit! This girl was friends of Ichi and he didn't notice her!?? Oh bugger, don't give me anymore ideas on more walls of text explaining why she's had it in for him...
Old 2011-03-13, 01:53   Link #96
eiyuu99

Dan sympathised with the girls having to deal with Ichika's denseness.
The girls need to train him to expand his strikezone.
Old 2011-03-13, 03:46   Link #97
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Long story short: The Orimura gene codes for a pheramone that drives girls crazy, no matter the gender of the original person (Chifuyu). It even works on other Orimuras (Ichika). In other words we shouldn't rage at Ichika, but Chifuyu instead!

Nothing like SCIENCE to explain stuff in 1 line that would take a Houkitron a page-long post to explain.
Old 2011-03-13, 04:54   Link #98
mangatron

Quote:
Long story short: The Orimura gene codes for a pheramone that drives girls crazy, no matter the gender of the original person (Chifuyu). It even works on other Orimuras (Ichika). In other words we shouldn't rage at Ichika, but Chifuyu instead!

Nothing like SCIENCE to explain stuff in 1 line that would take a Houkitron a page-long post to explain.
B-but your 1 liner has many holes! As a esteemed member of this scientific debate, we shall clash!

If it were gene based wireless signals attracting the Big 5, why does it not attract the other girls, such as the Stalking 3? Why isn't Ms. Green Hair humping the living daylights out of him? Wouldn't Ms Playboy Ears have struck gold in his special existence, considering the mad scientist that she is?

Then the bigger question: how did the genes pass onto him? Was it ingested through oral application, or surgically injected? If Chifuyu be the bearer of all things rare, does that not make her the Mother? Absurdity at its finest! While we're at it, who is the Father? Don't stop me, I'm on a roll now, if we were to put 2 and 2 together, I'd have to say Tabane is the other party, since it is implied that she consummates her love for Chifuyu via hugs, an since she is the Father of All I.S., she definitey made the Byaku for her son, and so the final conclusion we arrive at is:

What makes Ichika special, is that he is the first child born.... OF THE YURI RELATIONSHIP CHIFU x TABA! THUNDERATION

/me runs faster than Akatsubaki

I know, I need to get back to my resting...I guess I earned it though, with "Houkitron" I've now 2(3) nicks from this series
Old 2011-03-13, 07:25   Link #99
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

What the, you've been doing this so that you can -tron every girl in the series?! Now who's the real harem leader here?
Old 2011-03-13, 08:10   Link #100
mangatron

Quote:
What the, you've been doing this so that you can -tron every girl in the series?! Now who's the real harem leader here?

It's the joke every season for the "mangatron tradition", the rule is I am forbidden of giving myself a nickname for the girls I pick. Only the other members here give me the nicknames of their own volition. The best part of the tradition is everytime I go out of control in expressing my love for the girls, I am beaten and defeated by the other members.

My ulterior motive is of course, to take that which Ichika has. And the first thing I need to do, is learn his behaviour. One thing I noticed is that he usually goes "eh" or "Hm?" when something occurs with the girls around him. Speaking of which, has anyone ever tried that in real life? Act dense like Ichi around girls ok nevermind you didn't hear it from me...
Closed Thread

Tags
characters