AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-12-03, 06:05   Link #9481
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still waiting for the rest of the Windrunner reunion. The Living Sister, the Void Sister, and the Undead Sister.
Old 2017-12-03, 09:42   Link #9482
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Still waiting for the rest of the Windrunner reunion. The Living Sister, the Void Sister, and the Undead Sister.
About that...pre-launch patch will have your answer....and that's all I'm going to say since the spoiler tags on these forums now ruin my browser for some reason. No idea why...

Explanation for why the Highmountain Tauren are accepted into the Horde and proof that the Old Golds are in the mix in BfA. Again, spoilers for pre-patch within the vid. Watch at your own peril.

Old 2017-12-03, 13:55   Link #9483
cyberdemon

That explains why Wrathion is in the Alliance embassy, Ebonhorn, the other Black Dragon, is throwing his lot in with the horde. One black dragon for each
Old 2017-12-04, 21:27   Link #9484
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Aside from of course this is the Draenei going home to kill the Legion's when they are down, there are few others that are on our ship from either faction. And aside from two of them, they are elves (aside from of course, people that came with your (class) because they are part of your Class Order and following your commands.) The only two non-draenei or elves on the ship are Khadgar and Turalyon. Khadgar's basically the Guardian now and Turalyon was already there with the Army of the Light. Well and there is Magni, but he's representing Azeroth as Speaker. (And a gnome that keeps the portal to Dalaraan open....and the ethereal guy that's a vendor)

The only Horde individuals on the ship is Lady Liadrin and Aethas Sunreaver....and after the Allied Races join, Silgryn of Suramar.

The people that have the most invested in taking the fight to the Legion on the Horde are the Blood Elves, Forsaken and the Orcs. The rest of their races only have had the normal global issues with the Burning Legion. The Blood Elves are represented. They've fought the Legion many times in the last 10,000 years via having once been Night Elves. The Forsaken exist because of the Legion via the Lich King...but the Forsaken were focused on the Lich King and for whatever reason Sylvanas' story was cut short, probably because they wanted to wait on the awkward reunion of the three Windrunner sisters.

As for the Orcs....Thrall's out doing stuff (maybe), or running around with Vol'jin's ashes trying to find purpose or something. The Orcs are still coming to grips with Alt Draenor and the orc heavy WoD expansion. Yes there was a lot of Draenei stuff too, but the middle of that arc was also cut, leaving most of it being about the orcs, then the Legion.

And for the most part, the Horde and Alliance Forces that were trying to take on the Legion were crushed at the Broken Shores and the few forces they do have left were used against Suramar and Valen rallying his people to go back to Argus.
But they are not the Horde famous Figure and they are not even in cinematic. Honestly though, i feel Legion less impactful compared Reign of Chaos.
Back in Reign of Chaos everyone were in deep shit, Burning Legion really fearful back then, but now they nothing more than side threat while Azeroth people more concern their civil war than the fury invasioners.
There are many questions in my head, honestly:
1. The lacking of Horde participation in Legion
2. Why Tyrande and Malfurion treated being side characters in this expansion? don't they supposed to have role as well at least participated to defeat Ki'jaeden.
3. The so not epic defeat of Ki'jaeden and Sargeras. Like, seriously even Lich king and Deathwing has that epic way of defeat.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-04, 23:21   Link #9485
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Why we lose our artifact weapons pre-BfA.

Old 2017-12-05, 08:28   Link #9486
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tyrande and Malfurion's tale was the Emerald Nightmare and after their ordeal, need to recover. Tyrande helped in the Retaking of Suramar, but the attack was thwarted by time magics. This left it to us basically to retake the Nightwell. Plus Illidan coming back.

Valen is the one person in this expansion with the most interaction with the Legion, having been on the run for the last 25,000 years since they took Argus. This is personal. That's why he is there to face Ki'Jaden. Kadgar is there because he's taken the role of rallying the world to face the Legion. At least this time the world believed they were coming, unlike during the Reign of Chaos. That is why this is better contained. The Legion is coming themselves with their troop and ships, rather than proxy a war with Orcs or Undead this time.

Illidan is there because he's got a personal score to settle with the Legion. (The Hatred of 10,000 Years). The Horde and Alliance? They basically got their forces gutted at the start of the expansion. Stormheim was the only major push by the two factions, and both force crashed and burned, leaving survivors to lead the chase for Sylvanas. In the meantime, the Night Elves and Blood Elves, which both typically work separately from the main Alliance and Horde forces anyway, moved on Suramar once it was clear there was a viable rebellion going on and the rulers of the city had fallen in with the Legion. Other than that, the Horde and Alliance haven't been doing much directly since the Battle of the Broken Shores. It has been left in the hands of the Class Orders and the Kirin Tor. Unlike the Northrend Campaign, the Alliance and Horde don't have their armies in the Broken Isles after the Battle of the Broken Shores. They lost too many people that day to mount another offensive, and Khadgar decided to do this his way, and took the heroes he knew and others like them and forged what we have, plus the Draenei forces who are against the Legion first, and the Horde.....probably twelfth.

So that's mainly why there is no main Horde characters left doing anything at the Tomb of Sargaras and on Argus. Aside from Valen and his Draenei, there are very few Alliance on the ship, and the majority of them are family of the Windrunners. In that context, the only major Horde personality that should be there is Sylvanas Windrunner. But that might be complicated. Or be a major story thread for Battle of Azeroth, and thus saved for later.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am wondering if our weapons will be destroyed saving Azeroth, or if they will just become capped by the Corruption absorption (or just dumping all the Artifact power into Azeroth to stop the wound) and thus when the level squish happens, the will rapidly become usless, or no better than the new weapons we find adventuring (perhaps Azerite infused weapons). Removing them entirely would seem extreme (fitting though)...but were are we suppose to get weapons before the Battle for Azeroth starts? There are no weapon drops in Legion because of this system, thus the last place you could get as weapon was on Alt Dreanor in Hellfire Citadel. And those would be very outclassed right now.

I mean I could see them dumping all out added powers (the weapon leveling system), making the "full power" of the weapon be the new baseline for our spells going forwards (and maybe keeping the extra spell from the weapon someplace....I mean I like the Scepter of Sargeras's portal weapon thing), but the weapon gets capped at ilvl 1000 and become a legendary at the end.

I've never actually used the appearance of my weapon. I transmogged it right after I got it into the Archmage's Staff you get from the Theramore's Fall Scenario, because that's an awesome looking weapon.
Old 2017-12-06, 03:23   Link #9487
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Major theorycrafting based on Ilgy'noth. Spoilers inside.

Old 2017-12-06, 05:40   Link #9488
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It probably bares mentioning that most of the major problems on Azeroth are essentially our fault since at least WoD, of not all the way back to Cata (potentially TBC if would count us taking out Illiadan). Wrathion exists because we saved him from being killed by his father. Garrosh managed to move across time and space because of us helping some dragons with their research. We released Guldan to stop the invasion of Azeroth by the Iron Horde. And probably a dozen other things that are essentially our fault for doing something for a quest, or clicking on something shiny.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2017-12-06 at 06:15.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 20:01   Link #9489
GDB

Wait, I'm out of the loop. Wrathion is bad now?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 22:36   Link #9490
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not to our knowledge. He's just not exactly one to be trusted without reason.

He might do good for us, or he might cause us to go to war. His big thing was stopping the Legion, yet he didn't show up hardly at all during Legion.

He helped Garrosh escape to Draenor.

No clue if the Old Gods whisper to him like they do to his old man.

It seems though that each faction is getting a Black Dragon working with them. The Alliance seems to be getting Wraithion while the Horde gets the one that was hiding with and guiding the Highmountain Tauran for the last 10,000 years or whatever.
Old 2017-12-10, 11:58   Link #9491
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wrathion isn't Bad or Evil. We just keep causing side effects.

Good Intentions with consequences
Old 2017-12-10, 21:28   Link #9492
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Wrathion isn't Bad or Evil. We just keep causing side effects.

Good Intentions with consequences
Wrathion thinks the ends justify the means so he is willing to go as far as needed to get something done.
Old 2017-12-11, 01:38   Link #9493
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Just cleared Antorus normal and started on heroic.

Seems like a much easier progression than Tomb, if we finish heroic in a month or two we might run out of stuff to do.
I wonder when 7.3.5 with the new subraces are coming.
Old 2017-12-11, 16:35   Link #9494
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Just cleared Antorus normal and started on heroic.

Seems like a much easier progression than Tomb, if we finish heroic in a month or two we might run out of stuff to do.
I wonder when 7.3.5 with the new subraces are coming.
That, the new levelling system and other stuff are on the PTR. I'm guessing February or March next year they go live.
Old 2017-12-11, 21:47   Link #9495
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The level scaling will probably work fine. New players might actually learn how to play by the time they get to max level, and they can get the full storylines Blizzard added in CATA from 1-60 without being forced to move on because of little to no XP. And that's without heirlooms.

Plus they actually will have a greater choice of places to go as they hit 58, as they can go to Winterspring, the Blasted Lands, Hellfire Peninsula, Howling Fjord, or Borean Tundra, and then go from there (I don't think anyone goes to Silithis, unless they have level 60 content for the giant sword their....cause even when doing Lorewalker quests...there is almost nothing there, and the zone is just terrible with all the bugs and such). Plus they can go from say Northrend to Pandaria without doing anything about saving the world from Deathwing.

I do wonder though, could they phase in a different questing experience for the new Allied Races? I mean, the content will be outdated for those kinds of characters since there is basically no way there would be a Nightbourne, and High Mountain Tauran, a Lightforged or especially a Void Elf running around during the Cataclysm, or taking on the Lich King. (and don't get started on Outland and Draenor giving the events needed to get the Allied races into the Alliance and Horde.) It be neat if they could phase in another set of leveling content, so they people could level the older ways ('CATA',TBC, Wrath, CATA, MoP, WoD, Legion, BoA) or level in a post Legion-BoA experience on a Allied Race or Alt with Heirlooms and a certain questline completed on one's main.

I mean CATA was the third expansion and the first one to revamp the world. BoA is the seventh expansion, and the fourth after CATA....it might be time for another revamp of the world's leveling/questing content....to keep up with the times. That is assuming a low level orc goes to Orgrimmar and finds Warchief Windrunner, but later has quests involving Warchief Hellscream, than Vol'jin, than seeing both of their deaths, followed by Sylvanas being named Warchief. NOw if they phased it so a new player would experience the content in the "intented" order of events....more or less, than their wouldn't be a disconnect. But for the Allied Raced, there is a pre-existing disconnect. That they didn't exist on the rest of Azeroth prior to the events at the end of Legion. Even taking into account that they start at level 20....which likely puts a Nightbourn or Highmountain into Stonetalon Mountians immediately.

I don't recall off hand how many low level quest after level 20 directly involved Varian Wrynn, but there were of course several involving Anduin from CATA zones forward and MoP especially.

It be really cool to have phased leveling based on which content you had finished with your main, or a new leveling experience for the Allied Races. Or if they want to go another route, place a bronze drake as your Allied Race enters the world...send you back to maybe make things a little better than what happened. But as a new Allied Race...you don't know what happened, for the most part, originally anyway. So its new to you (sort of).
Old 2017-12-12, 14:07   Link #9496
cyberdemon

I don't really understand something concerning Nightborne. I can understand them joining the horde due to shared struggles with addiction and that Tyrande was kinda a dick to them. However why would Thalyssra join them rather than it just being a small faction of the Nightborne under Silgryn that decided to join rather than the race as a whole. Thalyssra worked very closely with Alliance players as well as Horde players yet she seems feel willing to turn on them.
Old 2017-12-12, 14:30   Link #9497
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It might have to do with whatever happens at the Sunwell. Or Thalyssra is just leading her people the path that seems the most reasonable and sticks with it. The Night Elves are rather cold to the Nightborne, the remaining High Elves are pisssed at the Horde in general, and the Blood Elves for turning traitor against the Alliance after what the Horde did several wars ago. Meanwhile the Blood Elves have been looking for a kindred spirit ally to bolster their position in the Horde when the rest of the Horde is either far away, or undead. They are done with the Humans it seems.

So the Nightborne go to the faction that is being the most civil towards them. Mind you that Tyrande was from Suramar, and yet she's cold with everyone there and her missions into the place are to make sure less of her own people have to die to free this place so they can fight the Legion. She doesn't like the Nightborne at all and trusts them very little due to how close they are to being the old Highborne that ruined the world as far as Tyrande is concerned. And she doesn't even like those that have moved in with the Night Elves just before the Cataclysm.

Tyrande has just gotten cold since the Third War.
Old 2017-12-12, 15:18   Link #9498
cyberdemon

Outside of common heritage, high mountain Tauren also doesn't make much sense. They had good ties with both Alliance and Horde. From Alliance perspective you help sort out a lot their problems and they instead throw their lot in with the enemy Horde. As far as i am aware they had no conflict with the Alliance like the Nightborn did with the Night Elves.
Old 2017-12-12, 19:45   Link #9499
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

My guess is that something happens one their visit to Thunder Bluff that is Old God related.

It seems like they are putting in a questline that make those race's choices in joining the factions make sense. Thought the new races won't have major issues with the other faction at the start. But one guesses something major happens to spiral the race for Azerite completely out of control and into the faction war on a wounded planet.

They have gotten better at storytelling and at least some logic for things, at least since TBC were the logic was a bit lacking.
Old 2017-12-12, 20:31   Link #9500
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

It's still gonna be hilarious when our Void Elf, Nightborn, or High Mountain characters go to Northrend at lv60 to fight the Lich King when we hadn't even encountered these races till years after he was slain.

Yes, I know we've been there with Pandas and Worgen.
I remember the silliness when you encountered the worgen tribe in Grizzly Hills with the commander saying "filthy worgens! Have you been bitten!?" as you stand in front of him in your worgen form.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows