AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-04, 13:30   Link #1
brassmonkey

Original purpose of the sharingan? [Manga]

i read in the manga, that itachi told sasuke to go read the manual to find out the original purpose of the sharingan, and the steps to get the mange sharingan.

anyone have any idea what is the original purpose of the sharingan?
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 13:36   Link #2
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
It had a purpose? I thought it was just random evolution in the Ninja world... But I don't think anyone know's forsure, but there are probably a few theorys floating around.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 13:51   Link #3
brassmonkey

yea. in the manga. chp 225, after sasuke discovered his family were all slain by itachi. itachi told him to look under the mat of the room where the family always gathered for meetings. to find out the real purpose of the doujutsu (eye power) of the uchiha clan. which refers to the sharingain anyhow.

any idea anyone?
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 14:07   Link #4
Steffa
Ninja Guru

that's not the first time we see it...if we watch the anime i think around episode 80 sasuke goes downstairs in a secret room and he gets really angry and his sharigam comes out...i think that maybe the sharigam is the mark of those that should rule in the village...
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 14:09   Link #5
Steffa
Ninja Guru

or maybe the secret out of the sharigam is that maybe those that achieve the mange are then used to assassin people....that would explain why itachi went crazy and stuff
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 14:11   Link #6
Yoska
フランキー

Brassmonkey at least you should use spoiler tags and there are already plenty of sharingan threads.

One of those is http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ight=sharingan
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 08:01   Link #7
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoska
Brassmonkey at least you should use spoiler tags and there are already plenty of sharingan threads.

One of those is http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ight=sharingan
Different subjects.

Anyways, i think the original purpose of The Uchiha clan was kill as many shinobi and copy as many jutsu possible. That would be neat.
Old 2004-09-05, 08:43   Link #8
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Well,when you think about it,the answer to the question of 'What is the original purpose of the Sharingan' would be luck.
To explain my statement,i would have to first,simply,explain what is Natural Selection, put it as simply as i can,Natural Selection=A chain of lucky mistakes.
Thus,you can see that the 'Sharingan adaptation' came about because of luck,but more practically it was 'made' for survival and to preserve the life of the owner of the Sharingan,the Uchiha.

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-09-07 at 07:07.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 11:23   Link #9
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

That is the biggest crock of shit i'v ever seen somebody post....
try to keep on-topic instead of rambling semi-intellectual equasions..
Old 2004-09-05, 16:25   Link #10
Kylara
Kunoichi

I think that's an interesting theory Inuzuka has (if a bit desperate in the area of sounding scientific - really, all of that wasn't necessary to get your point across), especially since we know that the Sharingan was a branch off the Byakugan. In order for the Sharingan to have an "original purpose" (or whatever it was Itachi called it), it's possible that the Sharingan was a forced mutation, i.e. created for the purpose of being stronger than the Byakugan. Since we don't know much about the way advanced bloodlines come about, we don't know how it mutates (how the Sharingan came about from the Byakugan) or if it's possible to be changed purposefully.

But this is all complete guess-work and random theories. The fact is that we just don't know, and I don't think we've been given enough hints from the series to draw a proper conclusion for the Sharingan creation. The Sharingan came from the Byakugan, somehow. The Sharingan had an original purpose, which sounds awfully uncoincidental to it coming from the Byakugan, and that purpose currently veiled in mystery (so let's hope it's important and really cool).

As for that original purpose...

My wacky guess is that the original purpose of the Sharingan is mind-reading and mind-control. We've received hints for this, such as when Zabuza thought Kakashi was reading his mind. We find out that Kakashi can't read minds, can just put ideas into a person's head. MS would be the next step - extracting thoughts, or reading minds.

The effects of this would be that early Sharingan users killed their friends on a regular basis in order to achieve this technique... Except that Sasuke’s dad tells him that only a few have ever achieved it. So, the original purpose of the Sharingan, mind-reading, although important and powerful, was lost due to the Uchiha’s moral code (which could tie in interestingly with the police force ideals).

When Itachi used his Mangekyou Sharingan on Sasuke, Sasuke sees an image of his mother when she was telling Sasuke that his father talks about him to her. It's important to note that Itachi wasn't there when she said this to Sasuke! This was Sasuke's memory, Sasuke's image of his mother, that he saw when Itachi used the MS technique. Since it was Itachi's technique, I think Itachi saw that image, too: So Itachi can read minds, or at least extract images from another person. Who needs to interrogate a prisoner if they can just look at them? Sounds very useful in an "original purpose" sort of way.

I think part of the reason Itachi used MS on Sasuke was to check Sasuke's potential and drive, and make sure that he (Itachi) left a brother behind who was ambitious enough to grow into a rival to him.

Again, just theory. But since we don't know for sure, I thought theories on the matter would be interesting for continued discussion.
Kylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 18:34   Link #11
ace firefist
Kerazy.com Editor

Send a message via MSN to ace firefist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylara
I think that's an interesting theory Inuzuka has (if a bit desperate in the area of sounding scientific - really, all of that wasn't necessary to get your point across), especially since we know that the Sharingan was a branch off the Byakugan. In order for the Sharingan to have an "original purpose" (or whatever it was Itachi called it), it's possible that the Sharingan was a forced mutation, i.e. created for the purpose of being stronger than the Byakugan. Since we don't know much about the way advanced bloodlines come about, we don't know how it mutates (how the Sharingan came about from the Byakugan) or if it's possible to be changed purposefully.

But this is all complete guess-work and random theories. The fact is that we just don't know, and I don't think we've been given enough hints from the series to draw a proper conclusion for the Sharingan creation. The Sharingan came from the Byakugan, somehow. The Sharingan had an original purpose, which sounds awfully uncoincidental to it coming from the Byakugan, and that purpose currently veiled in mystery (so let's hope it's important and really cool).

As for that original purpose...

My wacky guess is that the original purpose of the Sharingan is mind-reading and mind-control. We've received hints for this, such as when Zabuza thought Kakashi was reading his mind. We find out that Kakashi can't read minds, can just put ideas into a person's head. MS would be the next step - extracting thoughts, or reading minds.

The effects of this would be that early Sharingan users killed their friends on a regular basis in order to achieve this technique... Except that Sasuke’s dad tells him that only a few have ever achieved it. So, the original purpose of the Sharingan, mind-reading, although important and powerful, was lost due to the Uchiha’s moral code (which could tie in interestingly with the police force ideals).

When Itachi used his Mangekyou Sharingan on Sasuke, Sasuke sees an image of his mother when she was telling Sasuke that his father talks about him to her. It's important to note that Itachi wasn't there when she said this to Sasuke! This was Sasuke's memory, Sasuke's image of his mother, that he saw when Itachi used the MS technique. Since it was Itachi's technique, I think Itachi saw that image, too: So Itachi can read minds, or at least extract images from another person. Who needs to interrogate a prisoner if they can just look at them? Sounds very useful in an "original purpose" sort of way.

I think part of the reason Itachi used MS on Sasuke was to check Sasuke's potential and drive, and make sure that he (Itachi) left a brother behind who was ambitious enough to grow into a rival to him.

Again, just theory. But since we don't know for sure, I thought theories on the matter would be interesting for continued discussion.

I think the original purpose was maybe to use it for interrogations...it would have been perfect for the job.(talkin' bout mange)
ace firefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 23:45   Link #12
Cheese Ninja

Probably some kid wanted to perfect his mom's handwriting to copy a sick note for school. Or maybe for slacking at boring jobs and getting worker's compensation with faked doctor's excusatory notes.

You know you want to say I'm right.
Cheese Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote