Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2023-03-10, 11:36   Link #8161
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
Wtf is this shit
Reminds me to Clamp's dojinshi about Jotaro and Kakyoin baby....
Old 2023-03-11, 00:36   Link #8162
Frontier

RIP Takahiro-san.
Old 2023-03-12, 02:31   Link #8163
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Truly lost a great guy at designing sexy ladies and cool robots

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-23, 11:03   Link #8164
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Truly lost a great guy at designing sexy ladies and cool robots
Also, we lost a man who singlehandedly made Code Geass into a marketing giant.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 07:11   Link #8165
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Taniguchi recently talked about his inspirations for Code Geass and it caught me by surprise:
*Lelouch and Suzaku aren't based on Char and Amuro. They are based on Kamen Rider especially the concept of using evil to defeat evil.
*Suzaku was also inspired by Luke Skywalker clothing included. The more corrupted Suzaku becomes, the darker his clothes became especially in season 2.

Taniguchi hates fanservice? This one confuses me considering Kallen and most of Gun x Sword. Then again Planetes and Scryed was completely innocent in comparison. Scryed was also an inspiration for season 2 due to the dynamic of Lelouch and Suzaku being based on Kazuma and Ryuho.
Old 2024-03-25, 09:10   Link #8166
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Watched the movie trilogy that Sunrise made in preparation for Resurrection. It's amazing how wekll the animation of R2 aged despite having those Kimura designs that kinda exaggerate the fanservice or limbs' length. They did cut several parts from the original tv series though resulting in Shirley's survival, Orange being more loyal, and Ogi being not that much of a traitor.
Old 2024-03-31, 02:42   Link #8167
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Watched the movie trilogy that Sunrise made in preparation for Resurrection. It's amazing how wekll the animation of R2 aged despite having those Kimura designs that kinda exaggerate the fanservice or limbs' length. They did cut several parts from the original tv series though resulting in Shirley's survival, Orange being more loyal, and Ogi being not that much of a traitor.
Glad you enjoyed the films.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-31, 19:48   Link #8168
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

From Code Grass Official Channel
Old 2024-04-04, 07:17   Link #8169
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Still... Resurrection. R2 made one of the most impactful endings ever and Resurrection has C.C. reviving Lelouch so early meeting everybody so casually. The only part I enjoyed was the ending as Lelouch at least decides to have a different life in exile like C.C. rather than reviving like a Dragon Ball character who can do whatever they like. I barely remember the villains. On a sidenote Jun Fukuyama could actually sound like a kid when Lelouch was some sort of amnesia zombie.
Old 2024-04-04, 08:17   Link #8170
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Still... Resurrection. R2 made one of the most impactful endings ever and Resurrection has C.C. reviving Lelouch so early meeting everybody so casually. The only part I enjoyed was the ending as Lelouch at least decides to have a different life in exile like C.C. rather than reviving like a Dragon Ball character who can do whatever they like. I barely remember the villains. On a sidenote Jun Fukuyama could actually sound like a kid when Lelouch was some sort of amnesia zombie.
He should have been offed, and a NEW character should have risen in his place.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-04, 11:59   Link #8171
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I don't mind Lelouch's revival that much but he taking the entire spotlight felt like an excuse to increase the money Sunrise would obtain. Kazuki Akane already used Lelouch's character in the OVA but without such an abuse that would affect the entire plot of Akito.

I know Suzaku is a polarizing character but the scene where he started beating up Lelouch was really good as it felt like a common reaction... somehow. I mean Lelouch's return felt like a "in your face!" from Taniguchi and Suzaku felt like he was trying to tone it down. The movie also focused more on C.C. but sadly the character instead was the one forcing Lelouch to save the day rather than make something more innovative. If only they toned down Lelouch's screentime I think I would have appreciated the movie more.