AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-01, 16:17   Link #301
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Not yet. Bandai hasn't announced it yet for a release in English or in any other language.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 17:32   Link #302
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Not yet. Bandai hasn't announced it yet for a release in English or in any other language.
Since the 4th manga/novel that Has Lelouch in the 19th century hasn't been released in the U.S. is there a site where I could find this novel, translated or even illustration of it? If you have any information about this 4th Manga of Code Geass, please let me know.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 23:12   Link #303
Jze0
Hmmm...

For those who care, the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion manga series just completed its run at chapter 38 in the latest issue of Gekkan Asuka. It ended pretty much the same as the anime but with a few small differences... of course I'm refering to the no mecha.

From the end of the Code Geass R2 anime I was hoping the manga would have a different ending but I guess that was not going to happen...
Old 2010-02-24, 23:21   Link #304
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Yeah, that's not a surprise. They basically ran the plot in the same direction without Knightmares the entire time.
Old 2010-02-24, 23:28   Link #305
azul120

How do they arrive at Zero Requiem? From the betrayal, like in the anime?

Saw a few scans somewhere, and from the looks of it...

Spoiler:
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 00:28   Link #306
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 00:32   Link #307
stardrago

So what happen to Kallen, C.C., and the rest of the student councul?
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 19:01   Link #308
azul120

Spoiler:
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 21:43   Link #309
ShinobiMuramasa

Can someone confirm whether or not Suzaku of the Counterattack is only two volumes? Has the second volume been released in English? Also, is Tales of an Alternate Shogunate only one volume?
ShinobiMuramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 21:51   Link #310
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Suzaku of the Counterattack is more then two volumes.

Tales of an alternate Shogunate hasn't even been translated from my understanding. I wouldn't know how many volumes it'd be, either.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 04:56   Link #311
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Anyone read the Code Geass: Knights volume 1 yet? Oh my gosh, I had SO much more fun with that than I expected! I thought I'd seen everything that was official already (with the exception of the elusive SotCA vol 3+ and ToAS as mentioned before) but apparently these aren't scanslated anywhere. So it was a big surprise to me to say the least, and I laughed my ass off! Really well illustrated too. (Wish they would have gotten some of these artists to do a manga which I won't name instead of who they currently have doing it, but we won't go there..)

Poor Lelouch was the butt of almost every gag. (And Rivalz. Poor Rivalz..) My favourite sketch hands-down was the one about Schneizel infiltrating TBK as a Zero look-alike and no one being able to identify the real Zero. That had me in roflz.

I'm so psyched that there are five more volumes of this.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 00:32   Link #312
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Just read the second chapter of Code Geass Shikkoku no Renya. Its getting a little bit more interesting. Still don't have much of an opinion on Renya let. Seems like a typical main character as of right now. Sir Weinberg already is more interesting than Gino.
Old 2010-08-14, 05:37   Link #313
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
For now seems another invented theory about geass, for the rest that Claire lee britannia, seems the blonde girl at nunnally's side in the ending of leouch's birthday drama.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 05:54   Link #314
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post

Spoiler:
Finally my wish is granted. I had been shocked that Ohgi instead of Kaguya becoming the head of Japan in the anime and the staffs had finally realized their mistake.

Still, letting Ohgi survive is bad. We need a sequel that kill off Ohgi once and for all.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 05:59   Link #315
Sol Falling

lol. Good chapter. Renya/Suzaku isn't qualified to attain Geass? That's really interesting. Seems like he's not gonna become your typical geass user after all.

Claire Lee Britannia == Nunally? Or Euphemia? Nunally makes a bit more sense for me at the moment but I'm finding the slight hints of romance between her and Renya cute so I would prefer the latter. Still interesting either way though.

This manga is a lot of fun too read.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 14:17   Link #316
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Finally my wish is granted. I had been shocked that Ohgi instead of Kaguya becoming the head of Japan in the anime and the staffs had finally realized their mistake.

Still, letting Ohgi survive is bad. We need a sequel that kill off Ohgi once and for all.
Ohgi has been an annoying character ever since the incident where he stripped Villetta and eventually started falling in love with her while she had amnesia..
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 18:39   Link #317
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol. Good chapter. Renya/Suzaku isn't qualified to attain Geass? That's really interesting. Seems like he's not gonna become your typical geass user after all.
While we haven't really seen anything definitive...I'm guessing that arm and its curse might have something to do with it...and perhaps they're also somehow related to the mysterious person with an uncanny resemblance to Lelouch.

Quote:
Claire Lee Britannia == Nunally? Or Euphemia? Nunally makes a bit more sense for me at the moment but I'm finding the slight hints of romance between her and Renya cute so I would prefer the latter. Still interesting either way though.
That could go either way, really, but so far she's shown more willingness to use force than either Euphy or Nunnally.

By the way, I imagine her name's supposed to be Claire li Britannia, which goes along with how Cornelia and her sister were both li Britannia. Not that I understand anything about how the Britannian naming system works though.

Anyway...Gino's ancestor, since that's almost certainly who he is, might become a better character if he's given more time to shine. I'm assuming that's the plan here. Right now I'd say my opinion of him is neutral.

Speaking of which, it was implied that C.C. was working along with the late Isshin Sumeragi but now we've learned she's also involved with Weinberg and whoever is the mastermind standing behind the scenes.

The actual premise still isn't terribly clear by this point though...it feels like we've seen half of the first episode of a series and the plot is still going through the motions before we really get a good idea of where this manga is heading.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:01   Link #318
Chupps

I'm most curious about Renya's arm and what C.C said "No this is the seed of sealing... No... The first step towards the curse..." The curse of Geass? Or something totally new, this is what I'd like to know, as well as the ability it's apparently given Renya which isn't similar to anything we've seen so far with Geass.

The Gino bit was okay, but I'd like that plot to thicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
The actual premise still isn't terribly clear by this point though...it feels like we've seen half of the first episode of a series and the plot is still going through the motions before we really get a good idea of where this manga is heading.
My thoughts exactly. A lot of things are still very cloudy, but we've been shown enough each chapter to keep interest alive.
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 05:42   Link #319
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, the third chapter of Shikkoku no Renya is finally out...and now we're left with the same questions after reading it. What is this "zombie arm" of Renya's? Just what exactly is this "curse"? Well, we probably won't find that out anytime soon, if we use how LoR turned as a basis.

Spoilers ahead! If you haven't read it yet, be warned.

Spoiler for What I found most interesting about this chapter was the way Renya so calmly said to his friends "If I kill you, please don't blame" after he said the arm was "no longer the arm he knew. The total lack of emotion when he said that, and his cold demeanor as he dealt with the three brothers...I feel as if I watching a combination of Suzaku and Lelouch a bit. Like he has all the physically strength, but also the "uncaring of other's lives" attitude that comes from using Geass. Though I think he'll probably become something completely different from either Lelouch or Suzaku, simply because it's only the first chapters, and he'll probably develop far more than this brief glimpse of him we've had so far. But what I'm really interested in is the guy on the last page. I get the feeling he's got his own little "power" like Renya, suggesting that this series might be focusing on more than just Geass this time. We'll have to wait until the next chapter to see.:
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 11:10   Link #320
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

We'll just have to wait and see how Renya and the plot turns out. When I read the chapter, I wasn't really that interested in it. Though I think after 5 or 10 chapters. The overall story will get better.