AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 21:03   Link #441
HandofFate

Finally watched episode 2.
Good episode, filled in a few character backgrounds.
Despite being standard anime episode length, it seemed really long and a lot of content seemed to have been covered.

I guess Yuuko has a reason to stick around now with Teichi appearing and catching her interest. Otherwise, couldn't she just pass on by someone finding the bones and giving it a proper burial?
Old 2012-04-17, 21:05   Link #442
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I guess Yuuko has a reason to stick around now with Teichi appearing and catching her interest. Otherwise, couldn't she just pass on by someone finding the bones and giving it a proper burial?
In most works of fiction, a ghost who has forgotten the details of their death cannot pass on until they remember them.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 21:08   Link #443
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Otherwise, couldn't she just pass on by someone finding the bones and giving it a proper burial?
There is a deeper reason just why Yuuko is haunting the school grounds, but it's obviously a spoiler. That said, there's already a VERY telling hint shown in the anime already via Niiya's flashes:

Spoiler for Clue in the anime:
Old 2012-04-17, 21:21   Link #444
Shadow5YA

As the two above have stated, the reason why Yuuko still exists as a ghost is (most likely) because of her regrets, which probably has more to it than just a proper burial.

The only reason why we see Yuuko so happy and flirty is because she has no memories of the circumstances behind her death. This is the "slice of life, comedy" portion of the series.

The mystery and horror surrounding Yuuko's past is a touchy subject. If there's a possibility that Yuuko does not remember her past because she does not want to remember, then it will be difficult for Teiichi to find any it. Because of how difficult it is to find the darker stuff, there's no way the series will have horror as frequently as other series like Another.

The focus point of the series is Yuuko herself anyway, not just horror for the sake of horror. You're supposed to take interest in every aspect of her, from the mystery behind her late life to her body itself her lovable flirty character.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 23:45   Link #445
GundamZZ
残念美人

I think the show is about the character interaction. Doesn't the sensual, sultry and comical atmosphere reminds you about other recent comic turned anime shows. A lot of them came from doujinshi(?) circle. Their artwork and story development showed their experience in the field. Due to the lower threshold, they usually started out in the adult comic market. As the time goes by, they finally got the chance to break into the mainstream. Even so, they still haven't shake off their old habits. It's a plus! ^_^
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 09:53   Link #446
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

I see Silver Link decided to do a long "flashback" for Episode 2 using Chapter 0 of the manga. That's a good move, and in my opinion the correct move for their adaptation now, considering what happened last episode. And that chapter was adapted quite faithfully here. I loved seeing Yuuko's reaction to Teiichi getting a peek at her "naked body" (bones) get animated. She has a point, one cannot get any more exposed than that.

Yumi Hara is doing a superb job as the voice of Yuuko. So much delicious Yuuko screentime. I approve. Also looking forward to Kirie's proper introduction to the story (not only because I'm an Eri Kitamura fan, lol). This is an improvement over the last episode, in several ways including the art and animation. This would have been a better Episode 1, IMO.
Old 2012-04-19, 00:30   Link #447
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh, but those boobs are so huge and make funny noises... ;p Moving on...

Well, this episode was alright. It was as if Yuuko was apologizing for the show being boring by changing her shirt XD. It also is a good looking anime with some rather unique approaches at imagery that reminds me of the director's former work occasionally. The humor is really hit or miss though. Sometimes I chuckle and sometimes I wish for the episode to proceed and get on with it. But the best parts usually revolve on Yuuko's teasing. And they also introduced the setting okay since this is the supposed episode 1. So this is a keep for now.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-04-19 at 00:49.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 01:40   Link #448
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Yuuko saved this show, seriously.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 01:49   Link #449
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T JUST JUDGE AN ADAPTATION THROUGH ITS ADVERTISEMENT.
LEARN TO DO DEEPER RESEARCH PEOPLE.

I'm getting sick and tired of "Oh no, this isn't what I saw in the PV, disappointed/dropped" thrown in here. >_>
I don't think decent entertainment requires you to do research on everything involving it. It shouldn't take that much effort. I'm sure not everyone goes to a movie and does research on it; most people are drawn by commercials and trailers. And if the commercials and trailers didn't work... well maybe they err'd a bit?

It's best not to criticize people for having expectations. People watch stuff for their own reasons. There's some stiff competition out there, and either you get known, or you get left out, just like how it always is. People have limited time-- sad part of reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
She is the show. She saved herself, basically by ensuring eyes are on her.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 02:02   Link #450
Dr. Casey

this anime

is the best
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 04:07   Link #451
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The mystery and horror surrounding Yuuko's past is a touchy subject. If there's a possibility that Yuuko does not remember her past because she does not want to remember, then it will be difficult for Teiichi to find any it. Because of how difficult it is to find the darker stuff, there's no way the series will have horror as frequently as other series like Another.
Considering she was murdered yeah it would be traumatic. Look at the skull something hit it with a blunt force object.

Thus the mystery of Who Done It? With some of the school myths seen thus far refer to Yuuko's gruesome fate.

1. Don't look at the mirror in the old building.
2. The Oni being buried referred in the song.

Teichi's research has the school at 60 years. Less than a decade after WW2.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 05:28   Link #452
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
She didn't save it. She is the show.
Old 2012-04-19, 07:25   Link #453
Arya

If I remember correctly the PV showed a cute busty girl, in fact the first (fearful) comparisons that came in mind were Karin and Rosario+Vampire. So, my expectations were the lowest possible

Anyways, this new season seems to be dedicated to mysterious girls, Yuuko, Urabe and Rea. They are different but have quite the mysterious aura around them.
I agree with the -gatari feel (don't know how to define it) of the show. And the horror/mystery plot is not central, so far at least. The other two titles had a bigger impression on me, anyways. For now Yuuko is standing on third place.

(And thirding) surely Yuuko is the show
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 09:08   Link #454
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Look at the skull something hit it with a blunt force object.
Hmm... nope. Don't see it. If you're referring to the depression on the side, that is part of a skull's normal structure.
Old 2012-04-19, 09:30   Link #455
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

^Don't shoot down the theories/speculations of those who haven't read the manga. Let them discover the facts for themselves as the anime reveals it.
Old 2012-04-19, 10:50   Link #456
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
^Don't shoot down the theories/speculations of those who haven't read the manga. Let them discover the facts for themselves as the anime reveals it.
What? I worked really hard at not saying anything spoilery in that post, and just responding based on basic information anyone could have. It was very very difficult, let me tell you!
Old 2012-04-19, 13:23   Link #457
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 2 was another very good one, and a very faithful adaptation of the manga afaict. Am enjoying the series. Actually, this is prolly the biggest surprise of the season for me.

Definitely added to my ongoing list....
Old 2012-04-19, 14:19   Link #458
APNki

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Dusk maiden of Amnesia Anime: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-amnesia-anime

Quote:
North American anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks announced on Thursday that it acquired the Dusk Maiden of Amnesia television anime series. The ongoing anime will be released "through select digital outlets soon with a home video release to follow." Crunchyroll is already streaming the anime as it airs in Japan.
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 15:23   Link #459
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I really couldn't care less about it being horror or not.I remember hearing it wasn't something like shiki before it started airing so I didn't come in expecting anything like that.

However I'm just having a hard time with the humor in this show,a boob grabbing joke in episode 1 I could live with,but a boob grabbing joke in two episodes in a row,REALLY ?

But that's not that big a deal.I guess the big reason I can't get into this is that it's Yuuko's show and Yuuko just doesn't appeal to me.
Old 2012-04-19, 15:41   Link #460
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
....But that's not that big a deal.I guess the big reason I can't get into this is that it's Yuuko's show and Yuuko just doesn't appeal to me.
As strange as it may sound, the fanservice actually has a place in the overall story that it a little more serious than just fanservice in of itself.

Also ... after I watched the first ep and found it interesting but curious, I decided to go to the manga source and check it out. And I liked it quite a bit. More than that - it put a lot that is going on into perspective.

Now maybe it could be argued that it is a strike against a show that the manga had to be read to have someone appreciate it, but I felt it was worth it. So, if you are interested you (and any other viewers who find themselves unsure about some parts of the series and liking other parts) might take a look at the manga ... of course with the awareness that spoiler material and the rest would be thrown at you.

BTW, I found myself enjoying the ED this time around ... interesting but odd.

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural