AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-13, 22:06   Link #4761
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
His wife was/is a whore? what did she do to him? I think I heard that she tried to sue him for something; or was it divorce?
Wife was a fellow artist who cheated on him with a younger musician from confession of the female party. Break between series was for Yabuki to sort out divorce and custody of child. The wife didn't get custody of kid and was banned from manga industry.

It is interesting to note that Yabuki's skill start to improve during this period, he could be trying to bury his anger and sorrow in his work.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 22:15   Link #4762
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Wife was a fellow artist who cheated on him with a younger musician from confession of the female party. Break between series was for Yabuki to sort out divorce and custody of child. The wife didn't get custody of kid and was banned from manga industry.

It is interesting to note that Yabuki's skill start to improve during this period, he could be trying to bury his anger and sorrow in his work.
From interviews, it seems he was experimenting with new stuff when he started working on Mayoi Neko Overrun. After all, that kinda shows shades of the detail that he implemented into TLRD.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 22:42   Link #4763
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
There are a whole lot of unconfirmed rumors on the subject, but the gist of it is that she cheated on him, and the divorce was messy. The need to straighten out his personal life being the real reason TLR ended. That's why TLR: Darkness was so readily started up. The publisher hadn't wanted the series gone in the first place, so they were willing to accommodate his desire to effectively resume the series in one of their monthly magazines.
Quote:

Damn that sucks. She gets what she deserves. She was banned from manga industry!? Never knew she was an artist. Well at least the series continues and has improved. that's all that matters in the end. Hope he finds someone better than her.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 09:08   Link #4764
Richocet
Lover of Purity

So this is the month with part 2 of "Mikan's pantsu" right?? Anybody got any news on it??

PS: So I saw a colored doujinshi released in Eng with Yui and man the artwork is amamzing
Old 2012-08-14, 10:04   Link #4765
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
His daughter was the basis for Celine and is way too young. Just like Haruna was based on his whore wife.

Mikan is 13 or 14. Too old to have been based on anyone that much younger.

He has no real model for most characters in TLR.
The main reason he has the style that he has is because of practice.
That, and he's actually seen a naked woman before. You know, his wife.
I have a fear for his young daughter. Father who works revolve around with drawing naked girl is definitely not something that society can take it lightly.

I wonder what will his daughter thinks about him once she grow up.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 11:28   Link #4766
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I wonder what will his daughter thinks about him once she grow up.
She will find out who her mother cheated on him with, then think of him as a hero
Old 2012-08-14, 12:26   Link #4767
EvI

he's a hero kkkkkkkkkkkkkk
but hell i'd never thought that his wife cheated on him
but hell this was a long time already and he's making new chapters right now with a new perspective so i think it's all okay (better not "all" but 86% of his mind is already back to normal)
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 15:25   Link #4768
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
So this is the month with part 2 of "Mikan's pantsu" right?? Anybody got any news on it??

PS: So I saw a colored doujinshi released in Eng with Yui and man the artwork is amamzing
Yes, it's this month. This week, even. Spoilers should pop up soon.
Old 2012-08-14, 17:28   Link #4769
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

The following is what is known about Yabuki's divorce for those who wants the details :-

Quote:
- Wife goes by the name of Shiho Kashiwagi. Well known as an artist on Nico Nico as "Ume". She moves from Fukuka to Tokyo in 2001 and became Yabuki's assistance when he was still doing Blackcat. She was quite good and became Yabuki's head assistant in charge of colourings.

-They soon got romantic, moved in and got married. The daughter was born in 2006.

- But after the birth, Shiho hardly did any house work, neglected her daughter, and spent most of her days in front of a computer spending time in Nico Nico etc.

-She met a Nakamura Ine who is quite famous on the Nico Nico website as a guitarist, who turned out to be a minor (last year in high school). Things starts to get real messy.

- January 2009, when Yabuki was sick with flu and bedridden, she kidnapped her own daughter and disappeared, and it turned out that she left her daughter at her parents' place while she was doing this and that with Ine.

- February 2009, Yabuki 'begged' Shiho to return for the sake of their daughter, and Shiho did return to Tokyo, but few days later she dropped out once again with the girl, this time taking a notebook computer and Yabuki's credit cards. Yabuki later stopped the cards, but a large sum of money was already taken out.

- Yabuki looked for them everywhere, but to no avail. March 2009, Shiho demanded a divorce on the grounds of personality clash and a large chunk of Yabuki's assets, but when the evidence of her infidelity was discovered on her computer, she then changed her stance and demanded money in exchange for the custody right of the daughter.

- Realizing it would take over a year to settle things, Yabuki accepted her conditions and got the daughter back.

- Haruna Sairenji was based on Kashiwagi Shiho, and there is a reason why her role was reduced dramatically since volume 13, and Yui getting more prominent. And apparently Shiho has sued/demanded more money for the character of Haruna recently.

- A comment of Yabuki's while this was all happening:
[While I was working hard on a manga that was focused on taking young girls' panties off, another man was taking my wife's panties off.]

- I forgot to mention that following the dispute over Haruna's character right, Yabuki feared his daughter getting hurt by all the debacle, so he accepted Shiho's demand yet again and ended the series prematurely.
Old 2012-08-14, 17:54   Link #4770
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
The following is what is known about Yabuki's divorce for those who wants the details :-
what the heck with that bitch!?
poor yabuki.
i hope you will found more great woman then ever you have before.
Old 2012-08-14, 19:36   Link #4771
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

As I've said before, she deserves every bad thing that happens to her!
Old 2012-08-14, 19:46   Link #4772
sky black swordman

Damn!! What are horrible woman(trying REALLY HARD not to really want to say ). She need more @Welsh_Dragon I still think its not enough!!!
Old 2012-08-14, 19:50   Link #4773
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
She will find out who her mother cheated on him with, then think of him as a hero
Mother is a whore and father is a pervert... I guess his daughter will explode from the awkwardness.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 20:17   Link #4774
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

It's most likely that Shiho is a gold digger who saw her chance in Yabuki to get rich back in 2001 and that she never did truly loved him.

Remember that Yabuki was an up-and-coming artist at the age of 21 in 2001 with Balck Cat being serialise in Jump, not an easy thing to do for someone his age and definitly have a great future. Shiho was 20 and I think she had everything planned out by then. Seduce that guy, bear him a kid and live off him.

Everything goes as planned, but she got bored after having that child and decide to seek out new thrills and targets by using the kid as a gambit to get more money and dumped the child out of the way if possible.

Of course, in the end, she got what she wanted and I don't think she gives a damn about what others think of her. Some women are just that malicious in real life.
Old 2012-08-14, 20:31   Link #4775
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Okay. Let's end this here. We need to get back on topic. Have the raws for the panty chapters been released yet?
Old 2012-08-14, 20:47   Link #4776
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
No not yet, but I heard it's coming out this week or the next one. Who knows but it's this month though.
Old 2012-08-15, 12:33   Link #4777
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The special drawings from the latest tankoubon are surprisingly all worksafe.

The first one depicts what happened when Yui and Rito went back to their normal age while wearing kids clothes. The Mikan one... no clue.
Old 2012-08-15, 13:18   Link #4778
Ashaman

Almost looks like she's getting ready to peep on Rito in the shower.

And that first picture? Looks painfully for both of them.

Last edited by Ashaman; 2012-08-15 at 13:36.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 19:46   Link #4779
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Almost looks like she's getting ready to peep on Rito in the shower.

And that first picture? Looks painfully for both of them.
I say more for him.
Yui looks really nice.
Old 2012-08-15, 22:04   Link #4780
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Zoomed Rito in the first pic.

I don't blade mr.boner

Spoiler for NSFW panties and bone:

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen