AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-01-10, 08:32   Link #1
tsewangklein
Swollen Member

Exclamation help plz

first of all please excuse my noobness but its just impossible to find any explanations that isnt riddled with technical jargon, so if someone could plz explain to me, in laymans terms, how to solve my problem, which is----->

i have a little media player thing which can watch AVI.'s but sometimes the subtitles dont appear. i figured out that i need to attach the subtitles to the video (or hardsubbing as i just learned). but i cant figure out how to do it. i downloaded virtualdub, and have tried to attach the sub file ( is that the filter?) using the explanation above, but its not working (is it cuz the subs are in .srt format?). is there a guide for dummies somewhere cuz it seems like i need a masters degree for this stuff. there MUST be a easier way, its just redicules that something so simple takes so much effort. someone plz help!!!!
tsewangklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 08:40   Link #2
tsewangklein
Swollen Member

someone help this noob plz

first of all please excuse my noobness but its just impossible to find any explanations that isnt riddled with technical jargon, so if someone could plz explain to me, in laymans terms, how to solve my problem, which is----->

i have a little media player thing which can watch AVI.'s but sometimes the subtitles dont appear. i figured out that i need to attach the subtitles to the video (or hardsubbing as i just learned). but i cant figure out how to do it. i downloaded virtualdub, and have tried to attach the sub file ( is that the filter?) but its not working (is it cuz the subs are in .srt format?). is there a guide for dummies somewhere cuz it seems like i need a masters degree for this stuff. i just wanna watch my anime and oldschool samurai movies , someone plz help!!!!

i will be eternally gratefull
Old 2006-01-10, 08:45   Link #3
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

You don't have to "hardburn" them onto the video. If you have Vobsub installed you can leave them in the same folder as the AVI, and provided they have the same filename, they should automatically load when playing back the file. What media player are you using?
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 09:10   Link #4
tsewangklein
Swollen Member

wont that only work if for watching on pc. cuz i cant install programs on my media player (archos gmini 402)
Old 2006-01-10, 10:19   Link #5
tsewangklein
Swollen Member

ohhhhhhhhhhh.....sorry i didnt mean media player program on pc, i meant portable media player
Old 2006-01-10, 12:06   Link #6
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

In that case you'll need a copy of VSFilter.dll. Copy it into your virtualdub plugins folder, go to Filters, Load, select the DLL, and it should come up as "TextSub". It'll then let you add your SRT.
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 12:46   Link #7
HMMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsewangklein

i have a little media player thing which can watch AVI.'s but sometimes the subtitles dont appear. i figured out that i need to attach the subtitles to the video (or hardsubbing as i just learned). but i cant figure out how to do it. i downloaded virtualdub, and have tried to attach the sub file ( is that the filter?) using the explanation above, but its not working (is it cuz the subs are in .srt format?). is there a guide for dummies somewhere cuz it seems like i need a masters degree for this stuff. there MUST be a easier way, its just redicules that something so simple takes so much effort. someone plz help!!!!
you can use directvobsub
HMMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 16:43   Link #8
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeknay
In that case you'll need a copy of VSFilter.dll. Copy it into your virtualdub plugins folder, go to Filters, Load, select the DLL, and it should come up as "TextSub". It'll then let you add your SRT.
IIRC you need to rename it to textsub.vdf, first. I haven't tried if it works with the DLL as it is (it probably does if you load it manually like Eeknay said), but it might not be autoloaded.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote