AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-19, 11:33   Link #621
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I must be the only weird one- My first thoughts of that kiss scene wasn't "Oh shit, School Days?!" but rather it was, "Huh? Amagami SS??"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 13:29   Link #622
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
To those wishing for another School Days, please go rewatch the anime or play the eroge to satisfy your needs and take your selective vision goggles off when watching YnS.

If that's the case then it's certainly an interesting move, considering the way things are at the moment. This actually sounds more interesting than Amagami's reset style and feels a lot like an actual VN with all these diverging points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlliu View Post
This is what someone said he saw from 2ch:

Spoiler:

I do agree that this thing is probably not gonna be School Days on a country road, so reset is definitely a possibility. it may not be the best way to handle this but given the pretty weak original story, I didn't expect a full fledged 13 episode drama either.
If that's really true then in my opinion it'll be totally awesome, because since the beginning it seemed to go the damn incest route and i could bear with it since the fanservice etc was counterbalancing this. Now i'm even more eager to watch ep 4~5 whereas those two eps will tell if it's indeed true.

wait! õ.õ then if i consider it's indeed true then the hawt maid and incho will be left out? D= damn...
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 16:12   Link #623
type-R!

If they do it like Amagami then I would't mind but if not they'd better go for the Sora route.
If they combine more routes it will defintely add more drama, so thats would be a good detail.
And as usual Motoka's segment is pure lol and wtf.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 16:15   Link #624
Hakuoro917
Obsessed Anime Syndrome
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Hakuoro917
Spoiler for After watching episode 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlliu View Post
This is what someone said he saw from 2ch:

Spoiler:

I do agree that this thing is probably not gonna be School Days on a country road, so reset is definitely a possibility. it may not be the best way to handle this but given the pretty weak original story, I didn't expect a full fledged 13 episode drama either.
Spoiler for If what this spoiler said is true.:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-10-19 at 17:11. Reason: correct typo
Hakuoro917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 16:31   Link #625
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i think this show might be a sleeper hit like True Tears was. depending on how they execute the rest of the series. it probably won't be as good as True Tears (which i rate as one of the best romantic shows in the last several years), but its the highlight of the season thus far.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 16:46   Link #626
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuoro917 View Post

Spoiler for If what this spoiler said is true.:
That's funny because I think that's the only think they can do that will keep me from being terribly disappointed with this series.

Sora = One and only girl of destiny.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 16:47   Link #627
Soraya21

Woah. All I can say was this episode was surprisingly fast, but it does make sense if what the poster on 2chan said is true. Though, I kind of want the series to continue on without resetting itself after the end of each route like Amagami since for one: it'll definitely be a different, more unique type of anime, and two: it might add more interesting complications/drama to the series.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 17:16   Link #628
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

That wonderful ramune scene was totally ruined by my whole being and soul screaming out for haru to close that cooler.
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 17:17   Link #629
Nickymanga

Sorry but what does BD (in spoiler) stand for?
Nickymanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 17:19   Link #630
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickymanga View Post
Sorry but what does BD (in spoiler) stand for?
Blu-ray Disc.
Old 2010-10-19, 17:27   Link #631
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

wait... this is another omnibus series? errrrr, hmmm.
Old 2010-10-19, 17:34   Link #632
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
wait... this is another omnibus series? errrrr, hmmm.
Just because it has one girl kissing scene, that makes it omnibus?
Old 2010-10-19, 18:11   Link #633
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Interesting episode, I do like Kazuha, so this route is fine with me even if Sora would have been preferred . Though it does leave me wondering what's going happen after the next episode, since a number of ways they could do the rest of the series. And I was at least right about them being related even If I was wrong about the yuri xD.

Spoiler for Comparison to Kanon 2006:
MAL

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-10-19 at 18:46. Reason: The point of a spoiler tag is so that you know if it's safe to open... ^^;
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 19:43   Link #634
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It doesn't matter to me what pattern they choose: one route, omnibus of routes, which heroine, whatever...as long as they do it well, with interesting relationships and some depth of feeling.

So far, there is lots of feeling, and some really erotic fanservice. It can seem a bit clunky at times -- like when all the girls fall for him so apparently suddenly -- but overall the show is certainly working for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 19:46   Link #635
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Just because it has one girl kissing scene, that makes it omnibus?
I was basing that question based on darkliu's post describing separate routes and "resets" for the series. I'd be fine with having misunderstood that, but you don't clarify, you simply laugh - odd when I wasn't referring at all to the scene you reference.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-10-19 at 20:43.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 20:22   Link #636
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Omnibus format would be win for this series. Not only could they shove multiple pairings (and multiple shipping fandoms) into one series, they can avoid abandoning major pairings and making a completely original plot.

Now, I wonder if they would resolve the Kazuha path in three episodes, with the Summer Festival as the last episode, or extend it to four. [This is excluding the first episode, which is probably a "branching-out" episode for the major paths.]
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 20:27   Link #637
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Except that with only 12 episodes, it is -very- unlikely an omnibus format would work, unless they are just squeeshing things into something not even akin to a plot.
Old 2010-10-19, 20:28   Link #638
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Will this one have incest like its game?
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 20:35   Link #639
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I'm worried for the omnibus, it sounds very confusing for my simple mind... As well I agree with Klashikari it would kill the plot. I would much rather a choesive story that flows naturally. The relationship does seem rushed, and as a Sora Route Supporter or S.R.S I am a bit distraught. However, this does not bode well for their relationship, it is happening quite fast. While I wouldn't mind to see a relationship work all the way through a series, it doesn't seem to turn out that way. I am baffled which direction they are going~ Since they've mixed things up from what I already knew because of the VN...
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 21:04   Link #640
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Oh boy...I can't help but think "nice boat" ending potential.

Okay, that yuri scene from the preview was a total tease.

I also think they can ease off on the blushing. It's really excessive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It doesn't matter to me what pattern they choose: one route, omnibus of routes, which heroine, whatever...as long as they do it well, with interesting relationships and some depth of feeling.

So far, there is lots of feeling, and some really erotic fanservice. It can seem a bit clunky at times -- like when all the girls fall for him so apparently suddenly -- but overall the show is certainly working for me.
It is true. They are keeping a good pace and enough time is going by that the progression of feelings is realistic. I don't like the possibility of him jumping from girl to girl to girl though. At least I won't feel bad for the apparent main girl since he is her sister and should get over him being with a girl.

Plenty of service too...what was with the end and what maid's friend.

And all of the girls swooning so easily does bother me. At least wait for something decent to happen, not have them fall head over heels with one word.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation