AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-23, 17:27   Link #1
kero

What anime would you recommend?

Hi as there are so many different anime series that are available here, it's hard to know where to start and what would be good to download, so I thought that a recommend page would be good, like if everyone talked about one anime that deserves to be watched (pref one that is not big already).

If you give a brief description of genre, story, and something like, 'i think you'd like this if you also like, xyz'.

If I was to choose an anime it would be Twin Spica.
Story about this girl who wants to become up to become an astronaut, and charts her story whilst she's in astronaut training school. Whilst it starts out quite gently and isn't really a laugh out loud kinda anime, the character draws you in and there are also two subplots, one that has a sinister undertone.
i've only seen up to episode 9 but it looks like it has potential.
I would say it's a gentle story like Fruit Basket.

These forums seem very strict and there are a lot of rules, I'm always worried that i'm breaking on of them! But I think this thread should escape unscathed right?
Old 2004-05-23, 17:37   Link #2
wnkryo
HainShodan

Well, this thread should go to the anime suggestion forum, but it demands such a general opinion from anime veiwers that makes it lean more toward a thread that belongs in general anime.

So back to the topic at hand.

I would like to recommend Great Teacher Onizuka to every one. It falls in to the category of drama and comedy. It is one of the best animes I have ever seen.
Old 2004-05-23, 19:37   Link #3
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i'd recomend Full Moon o Sagashite to anyone who can stand listening to the same song 2x per episode on average...i'm kidding it's a great series...it's just obviously meant to be enjoyed on a weekly basis
i also recomend Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii sekai to anyone who can stand some...mild...fanservice (underneath the booby shots is a fascinating story)
and Midori no Hibi to anyone who love Romance/Comedy (this is one i STRONGLY recomend you NOT research, since most people are weirded out when they read about the premise for the series)
Old 2004-05-23, 19:43   Link #4
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
I'd recommend the, that one cool anime "suggestion forum".
Old 2004-05-24, 12:37   Link #5
sothis

Quote:
If you give a brief description of genre, story, and something like, 'i think you'd like this if you also like, xyz'.
you might enjoy the site in my signature , as it is completely dedicated to answering that exact question!
Old 2004-05-25, 07:29   Link #6
kero

Talking

suggestion forum? ooh that's a new one i've never heard of it before, what's it about? see if you had not suggested this to me, I never would have watched it. cos it sounds so dry... so thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts
I'd recommend the, that one cool anime "suggestion forum".
and i've honestly my eyes must have skimmed over that forum link like over a hundred times, cos i swear i did not notice it before, like 'Suggestion' is a wayyyy too misleading a name for a forum that is recommending anime it should be titled for total dopes like me who needs to have is S-p-e-l-l-e-d out for them

anyways it's okay as i know this thread will sink like a stone
Closed Thread