Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2006-08-15, 18:43   Link #141
Sinless Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Sinless Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NykylaiHellray
I know this will be a spoiler, but does that scene happen in the game, or is it a fan piece?
Spoiler:
Sinless Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 19:12   Link #142
ShadowRift
Aku O Tatsu Tsurugi

Any kind souls out there willing to write up the correct order for the puzzle? I'm getting a serious headache here...
ShadowRift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 19:35   Link #143
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRift
Any kind souls out there willing to write up the correct order for the puzzle? I'm getting a serious headache here...
Follow the order that the events occured in the 4 years, and remember the contents from each piece (because the requirements are contents from other pieces), you should be able to "solve" it if you're familiar with the story enough.

The only piece that had me guessing a while was 女王への協力依頼, which became available without me knowing.

If you're really stuck, break the pieces (pick them before they're available). That way, you'll get a visual cue (a blue box) around the broken piece when it becomes available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Finished connecting all the pieces together, now onward to the main story of Matsuribayashi-hen.

Akasaka kicks ass!
I cleared it too. ^^;
Spoiler:

"Iron Fist" Akasaka almost made me choke to death on coca cola from laughing so hard. Well, it's better than being Onsen I guess.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-08-15 at 19:57.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 01:53   Link #144
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Finished.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRift
Be sure to check out the secret ending as well. If you missed reading the official forums, here it is:

Spoiler:

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-09-21 at 16:29.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 01:19   Link #145
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Finished.

Spoiler:
For the grand finale of a series spanning over 4 1/2 years, that's all you have to say?

Spoiler for comments:

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-12-29 at 16:00.
Old 2006-08-17, 11:14   Link #146
Keriaku
Thought Being

I have a question about Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi, are they the 'answer arcs' to Tatarigoroshi and Himatsubushi? Or are they just completely seperate?
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 12:29   Link #147
LostBlue
祭囃子

Minagoroshi is "the answer" to 90~99% of mystery. More or less, Minagoroshi is the answer to Tatarigoroshi tho.

I'm still painfully waiting for my Matsuribayashi but from what I gather it's more the epilogue to the series filling in the rest.
LostBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 16:00   Link #148
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I just scanned this lightly but my question is:

is the manga-ka or authors of this game going to do another puzzle/mystery
series? The quality of the writing, the compelling nature of the characters make
me wish there were more.
Old 2006-08-17, 17:02   Link #149
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku
I have a question about Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi, are they the 'answer arcs' to Tatarigoroshi and Himatsubushi? Or are they just completely seperate?
Like I mentioned in the Q&A thread, although the answer chapters do answer some of the mysteries in the question chapters, that's not their main purpose. For example, Meakashi-hen may have the same development as Watanagashi-hen (but seen from a different view), but it doesn't mean they are the same. By Tsumihoroboshi-hen, the scenario won't look like any of the previous chapters anymore, but at the same time, you should begin notice the hidden "rules" that govern over the fate of our main characters. Minagoroshi-hen pretty much completely cleared up everything for us, and showed us what was needed to "beat" the tragedy. Matsuribayashi-hen is where all the puzzle pieces from the previous chapters are finally connected together, and showed us what it's like to win against fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
I'm still painfully waiting for my Matsuribayashi but from what I gather it's more the epilogue to the series filling in the rest.
It's still the longest chapter of them all, so I'd call it the "grand finale" or something. ^^;

Personally, it feels more like Minagoroshi-hen part 2. After all, it's pretty much a direct continuation of Minagoroshi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley
Any chance of a big spoiler text regarding the last two answer arcs when the anime is over? hehehe
You mean like a summary?

Maybe someone will do it. Not me though. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
is the manga-ka or authors of this game going to do another puzzle/mystery series? The quality of the writing, the compelling nature of the characters make me wish there were more.
Since he does both the art and the writing, maybe the title "original creator" fits him best. ^^;

Ryukishi07-san will certainly write more stories in the future (it may not be the same genre as Higurashi though), but for now, he's just trying to take it easy. After all, he has devoted 4 1/2 years of his life writing and producing this series, now that it's finally over, he'll probably need some time to rest before beginning another project.
Old 2006-08-18, 01:52   Link #150
Freakman

As for spoilers, I'm thinking of translating Minagoroshi (instead of people getting spoiled brutally and massively). My time is limited though, so I can't promise anything, but I'd like to do it nonetheless.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 11:13   Link #151
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
If someone does translate it, I'll have to avoid the translation/summary like the plague. o__o; *currently very unpatient to play the sound novel's*

Rasuberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 11:32   Link #152
Freakman

Finally done with Matsuribayashi, and my opinion is pretty much the same as Sushi. I feel extremely satisfied by what I read.
My hat off to Ryukishi-dono.
If the last 2 chapters (at least) can be translated, then I sure hope something comes to fruition. I feel bad for the anime viewers.

An advice to the viewers : DON'T GET SPOILED.
It's not worth it, compared to the awesomeness Minagoroshi & Matsuribayashi are.
Spoiler:
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 13:08   Link #153
Keriaku
Thought Being

Now that people have finished Matsuribayashi, I'd like to know, who is Frederica Bernkastel and what does the red Na in the title mean?

Last edited by Keriaku; 2006-08-23 at 13:23.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 16:13   Link #154
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku
Now that people have finished Matsuribayashi, I'd like to know, who is Frederica Bernkastel and what does the red Na in the title mean?
I don't know about the red na, but Frederica Bernkastel is:
Spoiler for spoils everything, watch out:

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-08-24 at 02:02.
Old 2006-08-23, 22:15   Link #155
sagematt
Magician of Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
I don't know about the red na...
I always thought the was because of なな (seven == 07), thus being a direct reference to 07th Expansion. It always seemed pretty obvious to me, but I might be wrong anyways
sagematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 01:41   Link #156
LostBlue
祭囃子

Huh, never thought about that.
Good guess.

That's kinda like where Rena's name comes from:
Ryu guu Rei na
Ryu kishi 0 7 (Rei = zero, Na = seven)

Ryuuguu (竜宮) = Dragon's Palace
Ryuukishi (竜騎士) = Dragon Knight

Interesting.

Sushi-Y that spoiler tag is too tempting... must resists, must resists... a few more days and I will know... must resists... why are US Customs so cruel? T_T
LostBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 02:07   Link #157
sagematt
Magician of Words

Oh, so that's the solution to Rena's name. I didn't even notice about that >.<
(And it kinda follows the same logic I used for . Buu ;_; )
sagematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 16:01   Link #158
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Aha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
I don't know about the red na, but Frederica Bernkastel is:
Spoiler for spoils everything, watch out:
OH MAN I KNEW IT!

Spoiler:

It still doesn't answer all of the questions but it gives a very
plausible answer for the anime watchers who haven't played
the game why there was such disparity in character behavior
from arc-to-arc.

Kudos to the manga-ka - a smart cookie I do believe.
Old 2006-08-28, 19:15   Link #159
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
OH MAN I KNEW IT!

Spoiler:

It still doesn't answer all of the questions but it gives a very
plausible answer for the anime watchers who haven't played
the game why there was such disparity in character behavior
from arc-to-arc.

Kudos to the manga-ka - a smart cookie I do believe.
Like I said in the very beginning when the anime started. All characters are the same throughout all scenarios. Any differences you see in a character's personality/behaviors is not because he/she is a "different person". For example, Rena in Onikakushi-hen is exactly the same as the Rena in Watanagashi-hen.

The difference, then, is caused by an outside factor instead. It may be environmental, or situational.

The most important thing to remember about Higurashi is this:

The different plot development in each scenario is responsible for the differences in the characters, not the other way around. All characters "start off" the same across all scenarios.

So what caused the differences in plot development (if a world is "reset", shouldn't it just repeat itself again?)? that's something the anime probably won't address directly, but if they can handle Tsumihoroboshi-hen right, you should be able to understand why.

And Higurashi is a sound novel, so I would call Ryukishi07-san the "author" instead of "mangaka".
Old 2006-08-29, 14:22   Link #160
aliensporebomb

How about Ryukishi07-sama, visionary genius?