AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2012-11-03, 21:00   Link #241
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

WRECK IT AMI !!!

It's Ami Maeda in the Wreck it Ralph movie.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 23:05   Link #242
sa547
*Author

The huge eyebrows were the giveaway.

It's been months since the last post so...

* SKE's Kumi Yagami (yes, she is Sonata) unexpectedly declared her intent to graduate anytime next year (hopefully to finish her seiyuu work, she plans to leave the entertainment scene for a while); later she made a formal announcement during a handshake event.
* After a big send-off, four AKB members have been transferred to Jakarta and Shanghai for a six-month/1 year long cultural exchange program.
* More graduations or resignations this year than any other.
* RS/KKS Kaoru Mitsumune resigns due to recurring unspecified illness.
* Despite low initial sales, UZA hits the 1-million mark after 2 days.
* All AKB teams reshuffled after November 1, with the complete dissolution of Team 4, the inclusion of members from sister groups, and promotion of several research students.
* And of course, Wreck-it Ralph.
Old 2012-11-18, 02:05   Link #243
RDF2050
Superidol

What really happen to team 4?
Old 2012-11-18, 02:09   Link #244
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
What really happen to team 4?
Disbanded completely to pave the way for the major reshuffle of the other three teams, with each having 16 members (including each team having a member from a sister group), and at the same time absorbing the membership of what was left of the defunct Team 4.

Team 4 couldn't get as much status as the older but popular 3 teams, and worsened by some problems with leadership, which translates to less popularity and/or reduced earnings, so to end the confusion 4 had to go.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-11-18 at 21:47.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 13:57   Link #245
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

And they seem to have put most of the taller members in Team K.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:28   Link #246
Undertaker

Actually there is no set number of limit on the number of members anymore.

Team A and K currently have 22 while B has 23 with members rotating for stage performances. (16 per performance)

The popular theory (and I agree) is that each team will eventually have 24 per team which was the original blueprint when the groups started. (Original plan was 2 teams of 24, but that changed midway when they recruited 3rd gen members and became 3x16 and eventually 4x16)
Old 2013-01-04, 09:50   Link #247
mechdra

I heard someone just announced her graduation today from a chinese entertainment news. Can I know who could it be?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 18:44   Link #248
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
I heard someone just announced her graduation today from a chinese entertainment news. Can I know who could it be?
You're probably looking at older news, more likely graduation announcements throughout the previous year.
Old 2013-01-06, 15:47   Link #249
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Most recent annoucement was Tomomi Kasai.
Old 2013-01-31, 21:28   Link #250
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Shukan Bunshun reports AKB48’s Minegishi Minami spent the night at Shirahama Alan’s place

And Aki-P really got angry this time.
Mii-chan officially demoted to kenkyuusei and must shave her head (i dunno about 2nd one, but most people confirm this)

Guess the AKB management has taken it too far.
Shaving a girl head as a punishment is too much.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 23:46   Link #251
sa547
*Author

As it is the practice of Japanese to admit guilt, it was her personal decision to to have her head shaved off, and management didn't told her to do so.

Read closely:
Quote:
I’m Minegishi Minami from Umeda team B of AKB48.

I’m very sorry to have caused enormous worry to members, fans, staffs, my families and a lot of other people with the article in the weekly magaizne that is published today.

(Deep Bow)

As the 1st generation member of AKB48, the group that has formed in 2005, it’s my responsibility to always behave as a good role model to juniors. I deeply regret what I did this time. It was a thoughtless deed and I was completely lacking self-awareness as a senior member.

My brain blanked out and I’m still unable to figure out what to do, what I can do. But after I saw the magazine a little ago, I couldn’t help but doing something. And I decided to shave my head without consulting any member or staff at my agency.

Although I don’t think I would be forgiven by doing this, the first thing that I went through my head was that “I don’t want to leave AKB48.”

This is a place where my dear members, who I spent my blossom of youth together, are. And it’s unimaginable to even think about leaving the group where I’m with so many wonderful and sweet fans.

I understand it’s wishful thinking, but if it’s possible, I would like to still be AKB48′s Minegishi Minami.

This is all my fault.

I’m truly sorry.

I will leave my hereafter to the hands of Akimoto-sensei and management.

Though I haven’t been able to tidy my mind up, but I just wanted to tell my current feeling to you.

Thank you so much for listening to me.
http://justyoujustme.tumblr.com/post...eam-b-of-akb48
Old 2013-02-01, 01:04   Link #252
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
As it is the practice of Japanese to admit guilt, it was her personal decision to to have her head shaved off, and management didn't told her to do so.
Why is a twenty year old woman feeling guilt because she spent a night at a man's house? I think that says a lot about the culture AKB48 fosters for members, and none of it's good.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 01:22   Link #253
sa547
*Author

Japanese value reputation very much, trust is a rare quantity, and if either of them are broken, they have to personally pay for it; appearing personally, they apologize publicly and profusely. It doesn't matter if it's a high school teacher, a cop, the heads running Tepco, or the past prime ministers before Shinzo Abe.

As much as outsiders -- especially Westerners who aren't used to the whole idol thing -- want the system changed, it's a damn dog's chance in hell. Frankly it takes a through understanding of the Japanese culture -- and without the Western politically-correct goggles -- in order to see how that system works.

Sure, in k-pop, dating is allowed in some performing groups, but the fandom is far worse.

Let's bring up theater manager Togasaki:
Quote:
From AKB staff blog

Q. Why did you broadcast such video online?

A. Minegishi wanted to apologize to fans, so we prepared a video quickly. But when we prepared the set, we were notified that she “wanted to apologize bald” , and allowed her to appear as such in order to convey her strong feelings regarding AKB.

Q. Was it necessary to shave her bald?

A. Was it necessary? Was it not necessary? Probably not, but this was her choice.

Q. Could you not stop her?

A. When she entered the make up room she was already bald apparently. The staff tried to stop her but she apparently said that in order to be remorseful she took scissors to her hair.

Q. Isn’t the punishment for her unequal compared to other members?

A. For each member they each have different circumstances. For example, certain members may have been warned a lot or others may have been on their way to graduate or have had their past uncovered. Or they could have broken some other rule.

Each member is treated on a case by case instance.

Q. Minegishi uploaded a photo of herself smiling with first generations, is she properly reflecting on her actions?

A. Before her Team B performance she apologized to the crowd.

- Togasaki Tomonobu, AKB48 General Theater Manager

Last edited by sa547; 2013-02-01 at 01:50.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 01:53   Link #254
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Sorry, I can't buy that. Even if it is her decision, it would have taken some hinting or suggestion for her to do something as ludicrous as this.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 02:16   Link #255
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Sorry, I can't buy that. Even if it is her decision, it would have taken some hinting or suggestion for her to do something as ludicrous as this.
Goddamn, you still think the idol industry is like the Yakuza? Hey, they're getting paid well, they have their perks (not everyone gets to be an idol and the selection process is difficult), and yes sometimes they do have lapse of judgment, but this young woman had the balls to apologize in public in this unusual way; she's not Kim Kardashian.
Old 2013-02-01, 07:23   Link #256
stormtrooper

http://www.nikkansports.com/entertai...1-1079586.html
http://www.nihonbeat.com/2013/02/01/...mi-graduation/

Another big news regarding Tomochin.
Old 2013-02-01, 09:12   Link #257
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
She had to; Itano did much as a member in good standing but already talent-wise she hit the glass ceiling. Now I'm okay with her preparing to move forward in her career, and glad for her decision to graduate, which would soon be of benefit to younger members.
Old 2013-02-01, 16:29   Link #258
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Goddamn, you still think the idol industry is like the Yakuza? Hey, they're getting paid well, they have their perks (not everyone gets to be an idol and the selection process is difficult), and yes sometimes they do have lapse of judgment, but this young woman had the balls to apologize in public in this unusual way; she's not Kim Kardashian.
You know sometimes I wonder what will happen if Japan accepts same sex marriage, Idols can then safely play the lesbian card and maintain purity?
Old 2013-02-01, 17:52   Link #259
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Goddamn, you still think the idol industry is like the Yakuza?
Well, in the show must go on documentary, during a scene in backstage, you can hear staff trying to convince Acchan to go on stage even though she's hyperventilating. Afterwards, Takamina tells a interviewer that Acchan went on stage by her own accord while the staff suggested she shouldn't.

Was Takamin lying? I don't think so. She probably didn't really know what Acchan was told at the moment, and Acchan probably did say that it was her decision (and it probably was, but it doesn't change the fact that she was encouraged to do it by management first!!).

At any rate, this shows that what SaintessHeart said does happen, so even if it was Miichan decision to shave her head, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she was following a "suggestion" from management. That's how AKB works after all.
Old 2013-02-01, 22:53   Link #260
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@sa547
Do you think a girl, without any influence, will shave her head bald?
Sorry, but i am on SaintessHearts side. I dont believe that she did it on her own.
Yes, maybe no one is forcing her to. But what if someone influence her? No one can tell right now except the staff and herself.
And the video itself is unappropriate.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote