AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-21, 16:57   Link #1621
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If Yamato can come back after 30 years, FMP can come back.
Old 2013-04-21, 19:11   Link #1622
brocko

^ Yup, anything is possible. Discount nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Just had a few points of logic connect in my brain over the next project. Not going to declare for a show, but thought I'd share these points in favor for Full Metal Panic.

A rumor in August 2012 said KyoAni was working on FMP.
A new FMP manga started serializing in December 2012
The host of the announcement program is Hisanori Yoshida, an announcer for Nippon Broadcasting which is part of the same company as Fuji TV.
Fuji TV was the main TV sponsor/primary broadcaster for Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Fumoffu aired August 26, 2003 as KyoAni's first self TV production.

Not enough evidence for me to declare it's going to be new FMP, but there's some points to put it in good consideration. Personally, I'm more inclined to think it's going to be an original project no one's seen before, but I wanted to give out information that may be pertinent.
Going back to their roots after 10 years of independent production. I like that

4 and a half more days left until we finally know for sure. Which puts it around Friday night/evening in Japan.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2013-04-22, 01:31   Link #1623
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yamato's quite a bit different from FMP though, it's an anime "institution" for one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Hahahha FMP Sequel. Yeah sure that'll happen.
Could happen, if it does you can bet your ass on a FMP Again series happening within a few years after this concludes as well.

Could they wrap up everything after TSR in a two cour series in a nicely paced manner or will Gotoh have to fix things up to make that happen.
Old 2013-04-22, 01:35   Link #1624
Marly
>AS

Seems like it's the right time to post this.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-04-22, 07:43   Link #1625
rulfo

If this is truly FMP then I expect this to shoot way up into the sky with it's absurdly high expectations.

And then yada yada yada about pov through rose colored glasses. I'm fully prepared.

Also I'm not expecting a 2D mecha for it. Most likely they'd go with what the majority of the industry is moving towards to which is 3D mecha. Chuunibyou extras showed that and personally, it's ok but I still don't want how it's used. Nothing beats hand drawn 2D mecha.

Now... Aside from Kitanohara, I wonder who else is up for the job.
Old 2013-04-22, 10:13   Link #1626
whitecloud

suddenly betraying all expectation....HARUHI....hahaha

how i wish...
Old 2013-04-22, 14:48   Link #1627
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
Seems like it's the right time to post this.

Spoiler:
Yhep, that about sums it up nicely.

There is NO way in hell that KyoAni is doing more FMP. Absolutely no way. Again may get something off the ground eventually but don't count on getting the rest of the original novels adapted.

Yes, I lost complete faith.
Old 2013-04-22, 15:04   Link #1628
yellowscarves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Yes, I lost complete faith.
That's a very wise thing to do.

I mean, the right silhouette's hair doesn't look the way Sousuke's hair was spiked in TSR and Fumoffu, and I'm not convinced that it's like that just because he's wearing a helmet. Who would the person on the left be? The hair sort of looks like it belongs to Mao, but with that kind of outline, it can be anyone wearing anything. Besides, would they really change the character designs? And shouldn't AS suits be bulkier? Why do the feet in another image look so small, like they are (swimmers who are) not wearing shoes? As skeptical as I am, I'm still clinging on to that last thread of hope. If KyoAni somehow pulls through, I will never speak ill of them again and will even start importing their BDs.
Old 2013-04-22, 18:37   Link #1629
Ragecry

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
suddenly betraying all expectation....HARUHI....hahaha

how i wish...

FMP fans will kill me, but oh man, am I rooting for a Haruhi announcement

I don't want to be forced into the manga / novels to know the rest of the story :c
Old 2013-04-22, 18:57   Link #1630
ElCachicamo

I want an action show, just to see the haters reaction . I think those people are just mad because they want that kind of sakuga quality animation in their shows.
Old 2013-04-22, 19:21   Link #1631
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCachicamo View Post
I want an action show, just to see the haters reaction . I think those people are just mad because they want that kind of sakuga quality animation in their shows.
I do, too. Oh, wait.
Old 2013-04-23, 00:26   Link #1632
Warm Mist

The Fuji TV thing is just too much, it has to be FMP.

Okay, maybe not, but what would that mean? Kyoani on noitaminA? Or more likely, the host has nothing to do with this at all.
Old 2013-04-23, 01:09   Link #1633
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Sometimes we all just have to accept that there is no hope.
Old 2013-04-23, 07:38   Link #1634
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post

Okay, maybe not, but what would that mean? Kyoani on noitaminA? Or more likely, the host has nothing to do with this at all.
KyoAni on Noitamina block? That's even more farfetched than ever.
Old 2013-04-23, 07:52   Link #1635
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:

To be honest, that was an attempt to counter all the "look at the silhouettes, it must be that swimming anime!" posts I've seen with some actual facts instead of trying to decipher shapes into characters. I'm not personally saying it's FMP, but that there's some evidence that may point towards it. I'm going on record as saying it's something original that we've not seen before. The host of the program also hosts an anime/game radio show, which is likely why he's hosting the program. I've not really thought twice about it other than to look at that connection to Fuji TV (however thin it is).

Of course, this isn't stopping both domestic and international fans really going back and forth over FMP/swimming CM. We'll find out in 72 hours.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-04-23, 08:27   Link #1636
brocko

I don't see how this host business is related at all. Is the announcement going to be made on a TV program as well or something...? =/ I feel like I'm missing a key detail here lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2013-04-23, 08:38   Link #1637
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
I don't see how this host business is related at all. Is the announcement going to be made on a TV program as well or something...? =/ I feel like I'm missing a key detail here lol
It's not going to be aired on TV. The reason it's brought up is that the only name listed on the Nico Live page is Yoshida, so that's all we have to go by. Someone made a connection that since he works for Nippon Broadcasting, Fuji TV may be related, and so that reminded me that Fuji was on the committee (really paid a lot for) Fumoffu and started my earlier post about possibly FMP connections.

From what I've seen, hosts tend to be related to the program in some manner. Examples: the presenter/host for the KyoAni roundtable in November 2011 was an employee (manager) at KyoAni and series events have someone related in production as the host like a TBS announcer at the K-On! events. Of course, this could mean absolutely nothing. I've not seen anyone in JP make the connection about Yoshida and his employer, so it's likely meaningless.

Old 2013-04-23, 09:30   Link #1638
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I'm going to laugh if it was indeed FMP... except, that it's Another.

Old 2013-04-23, 11:08   Link #1639
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I've not seen anyone in JP make the connection about Yoshida and his employer, so it's likely meaningless.
Makes me wonder, what are Japanese fans predicting/speculating on 2ch? Did the teaser get any noteworthy attention? For the record, does any of them think it'll be the Swimming CM? :P
Old 2013-04-23, 11:28   Link #1640
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Makes me wonder, what are Japanese fans predicting/speculating on 2ch? Did the teaser get any noteworthy attention? For the record, does any of them think it'll be the Swimming CM? :P
Here's a couple of posts from the KyoAni thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1
Favorite: Kyoukai
Opposing Canidate: Swimming
Dark Horse: FMP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2
Based on the news we've got up until now and the silhouettes, here's my guess at what it is:
Kyoukai≧Yaoi swimmers>FMP S4>New Original Show>Chu-2 S-2
The rest pretty much are between the three that repeated. Nothing else really mentioned at all.

Closed Thread

Tags
studios