AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 23:06   Link #781
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
If I understand that quote, "those with talent" can use magic that is designed for them, if that makes any sense.
Saints are the most basic example and before them there were Valkyries.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 23:08   Link #782
Ettel

By the way guys

Quote:
The common depiction of Cerberus in Greek mythology and art is as having three heads. In most works the three-heads each respectively see and represent the past, the present, and the future, while other sources suggest the heads represent birth, youth, and old age.
This description from Cerberus can very well used in a spell with similar characteristics to the precognition.

Also:

Quote:
It is a three headed dog with a snake tail and snake heads proturding from his back
This can be linked with a weaker version of Medusa.

In other words this spell could allow to predict enemies movement and slow them down.

is good and not hax
Ettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 23:17   Link #783
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It doesn't make sense by itself, but it can symbolize rendering enemy units unable to hurt each other whenever they are in a certain zone.

There's just so many tales from the Saints, and even Catholic traditions and practices, that almost anything goes. And that's just on the RCC side.
Oops, I mean they eat from the same plate not place .

This is the picture I found on google.
Spoiler for space:

He's also known by :
- Bilocation aka being on two different places at the same time like Mexico, Africa, China y en and even Japan (in your face Aleister ).

- Passing trough locked doors and when asked he just answered "I have my ways of getting in and out."

- Apparent control over nature like germinated plants early and making animals to obey him (I guess the picture is the example).

- Clairvoyance and levitation.

- Healing the evited, famouse phrase "I cure you, God heals you" (God's Medicine? Maybe he was from GRS ).

It seems he was unaware of his own miracles/powers or just didn't want to be know for them. One can find many interesting things by using google.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-01-21 at 23:32.
Old 2012-01-21, 23:23   Link #784
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettel View Post
By the way guys

This description from Cerberus can very well used in a spell with similar characteristics to the precognition.

Also:

This can be linked with a weaker version of Medusa.

In other words this spell could allow to predict enemies movement and slow them down.

is good and not hax

Have you heard of any stories of Cerberus using any of these abilities? Probably not, meaning that's not his most effective powers.

If you want to play with Cerberus, his power, the main story, is his role in keeping the undead in Hades, so invoking Cerberus could be a sort of an anti-necromancy spell.

That said, Cerberus was defeated by Hercules, so there exist an inherit weakness.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 23:35   Link #785
Ettel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Have you heard of any stories of Cerberus using any of these abilities? Probably not, meaning that's not his most effective powers.

If you want to play with Cerberus, his power, the main story, is his role in keeping the undead in Hades, so invoking Cerberus could be a sort of an anti-necromancy spell.

That said, Cerberus was defeated by Hercules, so there exist an inherit weakness.
I see no problem with that, it just has to give some sort of precognition (at least one or two moves ahead of the enemy), moreover, the fact that the attribute is little known just makes it harder for a magician to know it's weakness, or just makes it hard to identify it properly.

It's a gimmick, and sometimes gimmicks work well xD
Ettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 23:51   Link #786
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Saints are the most basic example and before them there were Valkyries.
And what about Gemstones and Espers?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 00:01   Link #787
Miraluka
Banned

Well, gemstone are a product of various concidences created by the natural enviroment. Espers are just artificially made by AC.
Old 2012-01-22, 11:49   Link #788
Breidaluk

This is also a theory created by some know-it-all from Academic City and not by Aleister. I was starting to question about if being a gemstone is the same as being a esper.
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 13:25   Link #789
zaeraal

Exclamation

I have my own theory that espers and gemstone espers are not the same thing.
  1. 1. If you look at this entire "have talent" and "doesn't have talent" as "people that have some kind of power - esper, magic or others" and "people that does not have any power",
    then you can come to conclusion that magical beings (saints, valkiries, gemstone magicians and maybe even magical beings like vampires, elves..)
    are equal to all other beings with different powers
    (gemstone espers and other stuff like Touma's IB).

2. It was stated by Kakine that esper power does not come from this dimension (or something along those lines) and so it is for magic,
    which could imply that EVERY POWER SOURCE has different dimension it come from.

3. As far as Saints go, they "can't use the normal magic for untalented people" as they already have their own magic they should use.
    Hypothetically if they use it, it should be rejected in the same way espers reject it and so it should be for gemstones.

But this only goes for their body rejecting something they SHOULD NOT BE USING.
    But the problem is that artificial espers made by AC not only reject the magic which is not meant for them in their body (which is ok),
    but also their AIM field that is emited from their body rejects it and on top of that, they also reject other MAGICAL TALENTED BEINGS.

Using the above -
If the talented beings with powers are equal,
this universe is not falling apart because of dimensions tearing each other apart
and Saints do not cripple other magicians around them,
then why espers reject not only the use of magic, but the entire existence of magic
?

My theory is that espers made by AC have some sort of "corrupted" form of esper powers, that is purposedly set to rejects all magic from this world.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 21:56   Link #790
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
My theory is that espers made by AC have some sort of "corrupted" form of esper powers, that is purposedly set to rejects all magic from this world.
Maybe the reason is because AC espers are artificially made.
Old 2012-01-23, 17:36   Link #791
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

^Well, this theory could be very interesting. Sort of a built-in mechanism so Aleister's espers don't turn on him for magic. Yes, that has loads of potential. Guess we have to wait until a Gemstone tries magic (Gunha anyone?).

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 01:49   Link #792
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Wait, so basically the AIM that artificial espers are emitting is essentially a different AIM from what gemstones are emitting, thus preventing artificial espers from using magic? I understand that this is merely a theory, but it would certainly give a whole new understanding of what an 'esper' truly is.

But since gemstones (the only ones I know of that are already named is Aisa [I think], and Gunha) are so rare, we probably won't know if the theory holds any water until it becomes a major part of the plot...
Old 2012-01-24, 02:28   Link #793
tsunade666

There is another gemstone which is an elf. She can make plants grew faster.

Artificial and Natural espers AIM aren't different. The only different is natural espers AIM has more concentration or much more dense though it's probably the same for artificial espers if they are high level. In a side story Nayuta can see the AIM and she said that both Mikoto and Gunha's AIM field are both strong.
Old 2012-01-24, 02:56   Link #794
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

So technically, a sufficiently strong artificial esper would be hard to distinguish from a gemstone esper based on their AIM alone?
Old 2012-01-24, 04:02   Link #795
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
There is another gemstone which is an elf.
That's Alfar, and her ability is actually Evolution Acceleration. If you are not careful, she will turn you into an Eldritch Monstrosity without you knowing.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 04:03   Link #796
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wasn't it mentioned that all Elves have that passive accelerated evolution ability? It's just that Alfar's power is more 'potent'.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 11:22   Link #797
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
There is another gemstone which is an elf. She can make plants grew faster.
She isn't a gemstone tough.
Old 2012-01-24, 12:10   Link #798
Breidaluk

She is a magical life form.
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:35   Link #799
tsunade666

then the other gemstone is the one who is hand cuffed to the attache-case which is in the run and bump into Touya.
Old 2012-01-27, 04:45   Link #800
judasmartel
*Author

What do you make of this, guys?

HINT: Mental Out can bypass Imagine Breaker. True Or False?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard science