AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 8 25.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 19.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 12.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 6.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-18, 05:04   Link #21
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just saw the 3rd ep. I’m confused. What the hell does this series want? They did a time-jump far into the future that even the manga hasn’t reach yet and cut a lot of materials and makes the anime-only fans confused. Yet, this episode is blatantly taken from a manga chapter which makes the manga-readers (like me) confused too. Imo, this series is not manga canon, it’s mangaxanime confusion!
Old 2012-10-18, 06:37   Link #22
Sol Falling

I am kind of irrationally frustrated with this episode. Yeah, I guess they needed to pander to the anime-only fans. Why the fuck did they come up with this anime-original future storyline in the first place? Why not just continue where they left off? G^dd@mn$h!%c#n%f*ckh*ll.

I'm really kinda disappointed thus far.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2012-10-18 at 07:18.
Old 2012-10-18, 06:41   Link #23
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The three seasons of Hinagiku. :

Season 1:

Season 2:

Can't take my eyes off you:

Old 2012-10-18, 07:00   Link #24
madmac

I've actually been ok with the character designs so far, and the animation quality in the first two episodes made up for it, but Hina really does look awful and it's amplified with how lazy and off-model the animation was in this episode. It's to the point that I'm hoping they really just didn't give a crap about this episode rather then a sign of things to come.
Old 2012-10-18, 07:01   Link #25
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
[mod edit: removed unneeded meme video]

Honestly, this show is really degrading into what became of Minami-ke; by the third iteration the quality just went to hell. The time-skip was already baffling enough, now they don't even seem to be trying to be consistent.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-18 at 14:29.
Old 2012-10-18, 07:33   Link #26
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I still think the manga version is the cutest of them all

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-18, 08:53   Link #27
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Spoiler for saving space:
Nightmares... Seriously, I couldn't stop myself from going "omg! eww! wtf!?" When I first saw Hina sleeping. If it wasn't for her pink hair, I wouldn't have known it was her. The first two seasons of Hina look soooooo much better.

Season 3 title being "Can't take my eyes off you" Makes me feel 'cause of the art quality/style "Can't place my eyes on you."
Old 2012-10-18, 08:56   Link #28
Dr. Casey

I uh... thought this episode was great and find the extreme negativity surprising. Hinagiku's personality was nicely cute and vulnerable here, and while I agree with the majority that there's some bad moments art-wise, I otherwise think Hinagiku is generally much more attractive here compared to her season 2 design, which I found somewhat bland. I enjoy this season's artwork and character designs in general far more the grainy and washed out season 2, honestly, and find myself pausing much more frequently to savor a character expression for a few moments longer than I did with Hayate II.
Old 2012-10-18, 09:06   Link #29
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Guest Zero no Tsukaima made it better... faarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr BETTER!!!!!!!!

...and Shakugan the BEST!!!!
Old 2012-10-18, 11:06   Link #30
Eragon
Still Alive

Nooooo, what have you done to Hina-chan !!!!! I was seriously going to excuse them for the bad character designs IF they didn't mess up Hinagiku. But noooo, we are going to give everybody helmet-hair. Man, the three stooges looked even worse(not that it matters to me, just saying).

Also - I know this is kind of late - but why did they take off the narrator? I mean he was popular, wasn't he?
Old 2012-10-18, 13:15   Link #31
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPblueser View Post
According to Hata's twitter, it IS part of the series' original plot and the manga will eventually catch up with it.

But this is confusing...
1. did anyone ask Hata why all the A-tan stuff has been skip?

2. did he answer or did he just ignore it?
Old 2012-10-18, 14:31   Link #32
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
1. did anyone ask Hata why all the A-tan stuff has been skip?

2. did he answer or did he just ignore it?
These questions are better discussed in the Anime Speculation for Manga Readers thread.
Old 2012-10-18, 16:42   Link #33
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Manglobe's character art is downright horrible and it became VERY distracting at certain times. It's as if they're not even trying to make it look good.

That aside, I did like the episode. It was funny how Hina kept trying to be calm and composed, and it was even ironic that Hayate was the one who eventually made her blow her top.

And those were some smart-ass kids in that theater.
Old 2012-10-18, 19:25   Link #34
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Guest Zero no Tsukaima made it better... faarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr BETTER!!!!!!!!

...and Shakugan the BEST!!!!
What's amusing is that Hayate was done better when it was made by JC.
Wow.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-10-18, 20:26   Link #35
ChronoReverse

Ugh, the art is really getting on my nerves. Why is it so bad?
Old 2012-10-18, 21:03   Link #36
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Ugh, the art is really getting on my nerves. Why is it so bad?
Well, the main thing, I suppose, is the character designs, which were done by Masashi Kudo (the character designer of Bleach and The Wings of Rean); his style and approach doesn't seem to appeal to a lot of people (though, in general terms, they don't look *so* far removed from the manga art to me, as long as they're on-model...). The second issue may be issues of keeping the characters on-model, and that is usually a sign of a rushed schedule or a production problem. It also looks like the animation production for Episode 3 was outsourced to Studio Amo (based both on the Production Cooperation credit and the Animation Director).

The off-model parts could well be cleaned up for the BDs/DVDs, but the character designs... well, that's the character designer they hired, so...

(Edit: That aside, I did still enjoy the Hinagiku episode... but this girl deserves her happy ending after all she's been through... the author is cruel! )

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-18 at 21:36.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:05   Link #37
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Hina... What happened to you.
Since the episode was focusing on Hina and had a nice ending scene, I somewhat enjoyed it. But the art was way too distracting. Hope there isn't going to be another episode with a quality like this one, else it going to be hard for me to really enjoy the show.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Old 2012-10-19, 01:42   Link #38
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Hina... What happened to you.
Since the episode was focusing on Hina and had a nice ending scene, I somewhat enjoyed it. But the art was way too distracting. Hope there isn't going to be another episode with a quality like this one, else it going to be hard for me to really enjoy the show.
Same here, the episode was good and I always rate the anime by the story, not by the art, but... I want Hinagiku's design from the 2nd season back!
Old 2012-10-19, 02:17   Link #39
Mentar
Banned

What a way to ruin some fairly amusing Hina date chapters. I feel that every bad premonition I had for S3 comes true *sigh*

Listen up, Hata. Manglobe was a disastrous mistake and is completely unsuited for HnG. Now stop procrastinating and sign with J.C.Staff to properly tell the EotW/Greece arcs. At the moment, you're about to ruin the franchise.
Old 2012-10-19, 04:03   Link #40
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
What a way to ruin some fairly amusing Hina date chapters. I feel that every bad premonition I had for S3 comes true *sigh*

Listen up, Hata. Manglobe was a disastrous mistake and is completely unsuited for HnG. Now stop procrastinating and sign with J.C.Staff to properly tell the EotW/Greece arcs. At the moment, you're about to ruin the franchise.
Maybe ruining the franchise is what he actually wants? The movie didn't exactly look stellar to me, either, and that too was (largely) a Manglobe production (which is why I had my reservations regarding this season in the first place).