AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-13, 07:09   Link #61
Sogoro
Desu

All of the Anime I've watched on DVD included the option of using the orig track with subs. I really do not like watching it with English dubs. I refuse to watch One Piece because I saw one episode and those voices are stuck in my head ;_; /shiver Most of the time its done poorly.

Though there are some anime that have been dubbed very well, as mentioned above; Cowboy Bebop.

I hope Funimation does this correctly. I just finished watching the second term and I really, really, really hope they make a third term. Infact I would love to see this show go on forever because its so hillarious.
Old 2006-10-30, 12:48   Link #62
chubbyphil

I was actually hoping for School Rumble to be with Viz instead of FUNimation, but it's all good though. I'm really hoping that this series will join the Adult Swim line up. Considering how Inuyasha recently ended, it is a great opportunity for another great anime series to join the fun.
Old 2007-06-02, 11:26   Link #63
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
FUNimation updated the website!

http://www.schoolrumble.tv/

There's a trailer there as well as hidden dub clips you can listen to so you participate the Guess the Cast contest!
Old 2007-06-04, 01:40   Link #64
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

is there a tentative release date yet? because its been WAY too long.
they already complete tsukuyomi, negima and rumbling hearts a while ago...
Old 2007-06-04, 02:43   Link #65
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
is there a tentative release date yet? because its been WAY too long.
they already complete tsukuyomi, negima and rumbling hearts a while ago...
From the AnimeOnDVD Upcoming Releases

21st August 2007, School Rumble Vol 1, FUNimation Entertainment $29.98 (Box $39.98)

This means a price of something like $17 from the usual online stores (such as DVDPacific).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saguru View Post
Xris made a mistake lol its August 21st 2007, 8th month is August 10th is October but oh well everyone makes mistakes now and then lol.
Oops Corrected the date.

Last edited by xris; 2007-06-06 at 12:05. Reason: It's August, not October!
Old 2007-06-05, 14:31   Link #66
Banryuu
Bounce! Bounce!

Hmmm based on the voice clips on the official website, I'm not impressed. =(
Old 2007-06-06, 11:54   Link #67
Saguru

Xris made a mistake lol its August 21st 2007, 8th month is August 10th is October but oh well everyone makes mistakes now and then lol.
Old 2007-06-07, 17:56   Link #68
Elistan98

Otakusa

As my first post I thought I would pass on some info. I picked up a new anime mag called otakusa and the first episode of High School Rumble was on a sample dvd along with boogiepop phantom and Ninja Nonsense. Not advocating for the mag just thought fans of the series might find this interesting.
Old 2007-06-30, 14:40   Link #69
QueenNori

Quote:
English Cast for School Rumble Revealed
Funimation premiered the first three episodes of its School Rumble release last night at Anime Expo, and subsequently announced the members of the cast.

The English cast of School Rumble was revealed yesterday during a showing of the first three episodes of the Funimation release. The first DVD will be released on August 21.

Tenma - Luci Christian
Harima - Brandon Potter
Karasuma - Eric Vale
Mikoto - Brina Palencia
Eri - Leah Clark
Yakumo - Caitlin Glass
Akira - Trina Nishimura
Source: AnimeNewsNetwork, Anime Expo
Old 2007-08-10, 05:29   Link #70
chase023

Personally for most Anime I do prefer Japanese voices but I usually keep an open mind to see if the voices match the characters.

I still can't wait for the release, this time I'll watch in English and make my own judgement, tho from the clips on the webpage, not too sure if the English dubs will do it Justice but we will see.

Well I saw some Korean Voice-overs for the songs of the openings and endings and WOW, it's awesome! (kinda off topic cuz I was watching it during typing this. LOL)

I must say tho it's annoying when people make absolute and quick judgements in general thinking yeah only voices in Japanese is acceptable or Anime in Japanese voices are the best, blah blah... It all depends on the character and the voice used whether it be Japanese or English or whatever in my OPINION.
Old 2007-08-28, 11:52   Link #71
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I bought the R1 release and watched the dub. It "f"ing sucks so bad I couldn't get past the first episode. I adore Luci Christian but she doesn't fit the role. Harima's voice is a turn off. Funi dubs are among those I hate most and this just worsens my opinion of Funi ADR work. Call me biased for being very accustomed to the Japanese cast, but there's a world of difference between the performances of Hiroka Takahashi and Potter, and that difference is very good and really bad.

Also, the reverse cover art work is great, but my copy seems to have a stripe that cuts across some characters' faces. The video transfer looks pretty bad too. I mean, after a great FMP TSR release, what the hell happened with SR?

Last edited by khryoleoz; 2007-08-28 at 13:48.
Old 2008-03-08, 17:41   Link #72
Marty17
Like What You Hate

I have my concern over the translated voice (I generally am not too bothered), but after seeing trailers/music videos of various transformation of Harima, & when I heard the English dubbed voice for the 1st time, it seems it only fits with Harima's bearded (scruffy) self than the cooler shaved look. However I won't pass judgement until I see the eps. with Harima's new slick look & see how it balances with the voice. I'm not complaining, but concerned as the voice works well with Harima's street fighter appearance.
Old 2008-08-16, 15:20   Link #73
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I see that a release date has been announced for the Second Season and is now listed as available for pre-order at the online stores.

School Rumble: Season 2, Pt. 1 $33.85

325 minutes (13 episodes), release date 14th October 2008, retail price $60 but available for under $34 on-line.
Old 2008-08-20, 12:41   Link #74
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
Well for the dub I bought the entire season for around 40 and in my opinion its good buy even though I don't watch the dub its worth the money since it brings back the good old times.

And does that season 2 have a LE?

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Old 2010-02-23, 17:30   Link #75
Marty17
Like What You Hate

I wonder will Funimation ever gonna obtain the license of San Gakki ("OVA") Eps. 25 & 26? (seemingly pointless as there's no 24eps. before it, but still...)
Old 2010-02-24, 09:33   Link #76
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Possible if there's gonna be a licensed manga bundled with the DVD Sangakki OVA. But at the rate SR is not making a comeback is still low.
Old 2010-05-31, 13:40   Link #77
vozenpop
Yui&!

Just finished S1 and S2, loved the show. Is S3 coming?
Old 2010-06-01, 02:08   Link #78
Solafighter
Hige

S3 is already out.

Everything is put together in two episodes.
Old 2010-07-14, 22:06   Link #79
hitenlee

http://www.mania.com/school-rumble-v...le_123887.html

I think this episode are the battle between harima vs max.. Is this a anime??? Plz.. Can any 1 tell?? Im too busy
Old 2010-07-15, 04:13   Link #80
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Not the anime, it's the Kyoto arc on the manga volumes being translated.