Send a message via MSN to Mulle
Yeah I know it`s gonna be ok :P
but still.. hehe
Old 2004-03-30, 21:17   Link #282
jessicaangulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryodan
hxh OVA official site
click on OVA at the top part of the screen, scroll down until u see VHS release Schedule and DVD Realease Schedule.
click on DVD Release Schedule, since i think lunar and aone are focussing on dvd now. then look at DVD 2.
the release date should be 17/3/04 if i remember correctly. so maybe a week after that, then lunar or aone should've subbed it by then.

i know of a few sites where they release manga scans, but i dont know if its against the rules or some sort of that crap to paste the link here.
Hey do you think you can e-mail me the website ( JessicaLaChucky@hotmail.com ) it would help alot.
Old 2004-03-30, 21:52   Link #283
Akira_Li

Going back to Togashi and DB, he was not really influenced by it at all. The Makai arc was supposed to be the main 4 going through the levels of Makai together. Hiei's and Kurama's pasts were supposed to be more in-depth as they passed familiar places, and it was supposed to end with a huge war right after Yusuke met Raizen. What he is doing with HxH, he wanted to do with YYH in the final arc (thinking battles and such), but he was pressured to make it more like DB. Not wanting to change his original idea too much, he ended the story rather abruptly.

Also, if I remember correctly, Hiei and Vegeta appeared around the same time in their respective manga.
Old 2004-03-30, 22:31   Link #284
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira_Li
Going back to Togashi and DB
you did wrong as soon as you typed those six little words....
Old 2004-03-31, 07:46   Link #285
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira_Li
Going back to Togashi and DB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youko Recca
you did wrong as soon as you typed those six little words....
Yeah, we already had that discussion, and it's sort of offtopic anyway.

Oh well...:
Dragonball did influence Yu Yu hakusho, that doesn't mean they are exactly alike or anything. Just that some elements of YYH were inspired by Dragonball. Let's just leave it at that.
Old 2004-03-31, 10:40   Link #286
outlaw55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Yeah, we already had that discussion, and it's sort of offtopic anyway.

Oh well...:
Dragonball did influence Yu Yu hakusho, that doesn't mean they are exactly alike or anything. Just that some elements of YYH were inspired by Dragonball. Let's just leave it at that.
PPL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STFU ABOUT YU YU HAKAKLKSHDLF:JAF THIS IS HxH THREAD!!!!!!!!!!! Now, any expectations for episode 5?
Old 2004-03-31, 10:48   Link #287
Ryodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw55
PPL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STFU ABOUT YU YU HAKAKLKSHDLF:JAF THIS IS HxH THREAD!!!!!!!!!!! Now, any expectations for episode 5?
how much longer? 20 days? bah.

Edit: oh dear only 1 week. thats fast..
Old 2004-03-31, 10:49   Link #288
Ryodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaangulo
Hey do you think you can e-mail me the website ( JessicaLaChucky@hotmail.com ) it would help alot.
if u click on the link u can see the address
anyway its
www.hunter-ova.com
Old 2004-03-31, 14:31   Link #289
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw55
I'm hoping episode 5 will have:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-31, 16:31   Link #290
jessicaangulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryodan
if u click on the link u can see the address
anyway its
www.hunter-ova.com

umm... theres a problem i cant read what it says it not in englih
Old 2004-03-31, 17:26   Link #291
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaangulo
umm... theres a problem i cant read what it says it not in englih
Follow the instructions in the post that gave you the link.
or just check page 4 (I think) of this thread where I posted the release dates.

Oh never mind, here they are: (again)

Release dates from the official hunter-ova site:

VHS version
-------------
episode 01 and 02: 18-02
episode 03 and 04: 03-03
episode 05 and 06: 07-04
episode 07 and 08; 28-04
episode 09 and 10: 02-06
episode 11 and 12: 30-06
episode 13 and 14: 04-08

DVD version
--------------
episode 01 and 02: 03-03
episode 03 and 04: 17-03
episode 05 and 06: 07-04
episode 07 and 08; 19-05
episode 09 and 10: 16-06
episode 11 and 12: 14-07
episode 13 and 14: 18-08
Old 2004-03-31, 18:48   Link #292
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Slightly offtopic:

Maybe a mod can edit the release dates into the very first post of this thread? Then everyone can find them fast(er) and it's easier to point people to (the page number is relative and depends on your settings) and we don't need to repeat them always
Old 2004-04-01, 00:39   Link #293
Soulcatcher

(rant on)
My god, why animation is sooo crappy? And no, i'm not talking about quality of rips, i'm talking about animation itself. It's simply painful to watch...

What happened? It's even worse than first GI eps.

It's so sad that HxH animation degenerated to such extent.

1-62 TV eps will forever stay as one of the best tv animated series i've seen. And i've seen a lot :)

Poor Hisoka - in current OAV he really looks like clown cause of terrible drawing :)

And storyline... It's going downhill petty fast. Plus i heard that next arc is about some stupid ants... That's sad. Really sad. (sighs and goes away) :)
Old 2004-04-01, 00:50   Link #294
TheMongoMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher
(rant on)
My god, why animation is sooo crappy? And no, i'm not talking about quality of rips, i'm talking about animation itself. It's simply painful to watch...

What happened? It's even worse than first GI eps.

It's so sad that HxH animation degenerated to such extent.

1-62 TV eps will forever stay as one of the best tv animated series i've seen. And i've seen a lot

Poor Hisoka - in current OAV he really looks like clown cause of terrible drawing

And storyline... It's going downhill petty fast. Plus i heard that next arc is about some stupid ants... That's sad. Really sad. (sighs and goes away)

I don't really get why you say it looks bad. I think it looks fine. I'm just happy these new eps exist.

As for the storyline, I think the GI storyline is really good and while the next arc isn't the best I think it has many strong points. As of late it has gotten interesting and in the last chap that came out made me question a lot of things that are gonna happen.
Old 2004-04-01, 01:11   Link #295
Soulcatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMongoMania
I don't really get why you say it looks bad. I think it looks fine. I'm just happy these new eps exist.
I was lamost certain that i'll get answers like this from some people :)

I dunno, is it really so hard for you to compare the level of animation? Let's take extreme case ;) - when you watch Spirited Away - do u see the difference in animation between it and, say, i dunno, actually, any anime tv series in existence? :))

I hope u do see the difference in level. When u watch Kenshin OAV (first one) - do you see the difference in level between first OAV and tv series?

Current HxH animation is simply crap - may be u should rewatch some HxH TV eps to appreciate how good it was back then. Say, Hisoka's fight with Gon or any other scene/ep. U can feel quality in every little detail. When, for example, Killua's brother hypnotizes Killua in the final stage of hunter exam - look at Killua's face, it's animated at almost movie's level. Again, every fight in HxH tv eps is astounding considering the animation level of majority anime tv series. I'm really surprised that they could pull of 62 eps with such high level of animation.

I really dont quite get ur response.. Are u sure u watched TV eps? :)

Quote:
As for the storyline, I think the GI storyline is really good and while the next arc isn't the best I think it has many strong points. As of late it has gotten interesting and in the last chap that came out made me question a lot of things that are gonna happen.
Well, this, unlike our arguement about animation, is completely subjective so i wont argue with u :)
Old 2004-04-01, 01:16   Link #296
TheMongoMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher
I was lamost certain that i'll get answers like this from some people

I dunno, is it really so hard for you to compare the level of animation? Let's take extreme case - when you watch Spirited Away - do u see the difference in animation between it and, say, i dunno, actually, any anime tv series in existence? )

I hope u do see the difference in level. When u watch Kenshin OAV (first one) - do you see the difference in level between first OAV and tv series?

Current HxH animation is simply crap - may be u should rewatch some HxH TV eps to appreciate how good it was back then. Say, Hisoka's fight with Gon or any other scene/ep. U can feel quality in every little detail. When, for example, Killua's brother hypnotizes Killua in the final stage of hunter exam - look at Killua's face, it's animated at almost movie's level. Again, every fight in HxH tv eps is astounding considering the animation level of majority anime tv series. I'm really surprised that they could pull of 62 eps with such high level of animation.

I really dont quite get ur response.. Are u sure u watched TV eps?

Well, this, unlike our arguement about animation, is completely subjective so i wont argue with u

I do notice differences in animation quality in the extreme examples you gave. I am not that oblivious. I have watched all of Hunter x Hunter 3 times over so it's safe to say I know what it looks like. My favorite animation of HxH was during the end of the TV show and into the first OVA. I admit that it looked better than but I would never complain about that. I guess I just happen to not care about animation quality that much. The reason I like HxH isn't for its animation, but for its characters and storyline. That's pretty much how I look at all anime.
Old 2004-04-01, 01:35   Link #297
Soulcatcher

Quote:
I do notice differences in animation quality in the extreme examples you gave. I am not that oblivious. I have watched all of Hunter x Hunter 3 times over so it's safe to say I know what it looks like. My favorite animation of HxH was during the end of the TV show and into the first OVA. I admit that it looked better than but I would never complain about that. I guess I just happen to not care about animation quality that much. The reason I like HxH isn't for its animation, but for its characters and storyline. That's pretty much how I look at all anime.
Happy you. I always liked to watch good animation, so it's pretty important for me...

Well, of course plot and characters are very important, thats why HxH tv eps are one of my favourites among anime

Besides, truly good series simply must have nice animation. That's my opinion anyway. Altho i can list a lot of examples
Old 2004-04-01, 10:47   Link #298
TheMongoMania

So a show can't be good unless it has good animation? What about older shows?
Old 2004-04-01, 11:17   Link #299
MrBrown

Quote:
So a show can't be good unless it has good animation? What about older shows?
You can watch 70s shows with a straight face?

Seriously, I don't think animation is everything, but I WAS disappointed with GI Final so far. The OP/ED animations are very boring, and the ep animations have been very limited so far. The real test will come with the action sequences later in the series, I suppose.

They obviously did it with a lower budget than before, which makes me wonder what's up. Is HxH losing popularity in Japan? Didn't they get enough money for a within-a-series OVA (as opposed to just a long running TV series or a stand alone OVA)? Are they 'saving' on their HxH budget?

BTW, I didn't notice Hisoka looking any different though. He did _sound_ different, however, which I was slightly disappointed at. I think there was talk about that earlier in this thread, though (or I just heard it somewhere else :/ ).
Old 2004-04-01, 12:41   Link #300
bobofet
Blue Pheasant

I don't have a problem with the animation quality, but I do feel like they are rushing things a bit. Natural, considering that there are ONLY 14 episodes to do. Compared to the manga, there are just alot of things skipped here and there. But if you are a manga reader, this is actually a good thing as you'd already know whats going on and more or less just care about the more interesting scenes, aka the fights/events.

if you think the animation quality is bad, do yourself a favor and never touch the manga. for some odd reason HxH manga is really , uhh, i don't know how to put it, 'sketchy'.

it's true the current arc is about ants. I too felt like the story took a downhill when it first started, but I now think otherwise. Actually now the plot development has gotten VERY interesting, and i think the ants are just a way to bring all the baddies together to the good side. (spyder vs ants anyone?) but the latest chapter has made things very unpredictable and interesting
Closed Thread