AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-10, 19:16   Link #21
NakedAngelX

Lol Mio's the most popular already xD.
Just to show how much influences the ED has on the show.
Old 2009-04-10, 19:18   Link #22
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Shy Mio is ridiculously adorable. It's almost like watching a tsundere blush, but she isn't a tsundere! How can this be?!
Old 2009-04-10, 19:42   Link #23
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I personally liked Mio way before watching the ED.

If I should put aside my usual fancy for peculiar design (long hair etc), Mio was, as I said about Tsugumi, "normal" with moe traits.
Being a tsukkomi is a plus, and she shows quite a certain serious, yet friendly side.

And episode 2 was really a treat with her weak and shy side towards certain things.
Old 2009-04-10, 20:04   Link #24
aldw

Mio has a cute look, yes, but its more of a certain quality in her personality that pushes things to 11.
Old 2009-04-10, 20:15   Link #25
sekihoutai

I just like how her character design was made also with long black hair and personality traits.
She plays bass which made it even better. Then the ED just blew me away.
Old 2009-04-10, 21:02   Link #26
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
same here... after seeing the ED she became my fave character and also that she plays left handed
Old 2009-04-10, 21:22   Link #27
Friday
Im shy too...

Mio......

long black hair.....
something very secretive about her
Old 2009-04-10, 21:33   Link #28
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
Mio......

long black hair.....
something very secretive about her
Perhaps Mio's charm comes from being Tall, Dark and Bishoujo.

Old 2009-04-10, 22:03   Link #29
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

There are multiple reasons to love Mio

1. Her looks
Long black hair. Cute face, whats not to love?

2. Her personality
Strong enough to not accept everything everyone else wants, but not too pushy herself and willing to help a friend. Also has many shy moments for extra moe. Also the stright man in a comdey show is sometimes funnier than the over-the-top-laughs partner.

3. Her voice
What a voice. What a ED song. I just love listening to it over and over again, and i cant wait for the full song. The OP is a little too high pitch for me.
Old 2009-04-11, 00:32   Link #30
Pachael
原作通り

There was a reason she was going to join the literature club; much more quiet and less potential for embarassment.
Old 2009-04-11, 04:53   Link #31
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I notices Mio when see her in the front cover of the manga. Ep 1 make her stand out of the group and make her my favourite in K-on. The ending and Ep 2 respectively bring Mio's super cool and cute mode up by 2 notchs.

Now she ranks (probably 2nd) in my top five favorite female characters of all times.
Old 2009-04-11, 05:32   Link #32
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
Mio's long black hair reminded me of Yomi in Garei-zero, who is one of my fav chars, and her eyes also reminded me of Nagi in Kannagi. Especially i like someone whose voice is like hers (Tomoyo, Yomi, Rika in dark side, etc).Well, whether she appears in ED or not, those traits gave me a big hit since the preview already.
Old 2009-04-11, 05:34   Link #33
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I personally liked Mio way before watching the ED.

If I should put aside my usual fancy for peculiar design (long hair etc)
I am guessing you have watched Orange Road back in the day, and liked Madoka Ayukawa (Sabrina in french). She was insanely popular back then, and most of fellow frenchmen of my age range have a tendency to go for the girl with that kind of design (long black hair, with a "cool" aura about them) when they watch an anime.
Old 2009-04-11, 05:34   Link #34
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Mio is a little to straight-headed, and it is simply so cute on how easily embarrassed she can get. And it seems that she gives off the Hinagiku vibes.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-04-11, 06:54   Link #35
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

When watching Ep 2, i can't stop keeping my eyes away from Mio.

Her casual clothes looks really ordinary; but man i still loves her in casual outfit (and we are lucky enough to see like 20 of them in this Eps ^^ ).

Mio's shyness is just so moe , that i can't find an equivalent from any other characters yet.
Old 2009-04-11, 07:38   Link #36
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Her manga design and her anime design is simple and attractive. A big plus on my book are girls with long black hair and when she was in the ending song. GOODNESS!!! AWESOME!!!!!

Big question though is she a Tsundere? Seems not likely, though some the manga chapters shows hints.
Old 2009-04-11, 07:47   Link #37
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Anyone thinks KyoAni knew and purposely let Mio to become the most popular character ?
Maybe because I am obsessed with Mio, but it seems she got more focused than the other three.

PS: i found it quite hilarious how despite the difference in personality, she and Ritsu think so much alike that they can speak the same line, have psychic conversation and almost can read the other's mind
Old 2009-04-11, 07:48   Link #38
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

She's not really tsun at all, but quite dere-dere in my book. Tsukkomi is as far as I'd go.

She and Ritsu make an awesome duo.
Old 2009-04-11, 13:53   Link #39
McMilk
*Artist

Whenever Mio and Ritsu are together, they just remind me of Kagami and Konata. Probably because Mio always tries to "fix" Ritsu's comments/remarks/etc. up... which Kagami also does.

Too bad though, Mio isn't exactly Tsundere I was hoping for a Kagami G2 when I saw her in the previews.
Old 2009-04-11, 14:42   Link #40
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

It if wasn't for the ED, i wouldn't been a Mio fan.(Despite the fact i been a big fan to all of the girls when i first saw them).

Tags
characters