AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 43 13.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 6.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 8.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 6.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 4.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 3.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 12 3.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 135 42.45%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-23, 01:48   Link #681
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
*Raises Hand* Thirded. I think Endless Eight is totally in the spirit of Haruhi!
*raises hand* Fourthed? Enjoying every minute.
----------
Quote:
skip
Quote:
skip
Quote:
don't need to watch
Quote:
the same thing over
Patience, patience. See, this is why so many are raging at E8. Before you have even watched the episode, you already browse the forums for episode spoilers, and you already know that it's not gonna end. Plus, you even keep skipping through the eps. Why? What do you gain from skipping? Certainly NOT disk space... What, 15 something minutes to browse the net and rage?.. Got something to do? Ha, why watch a 22 minute video when you don't have 22 minutes of free time? Mind boggling...

Anyway, as I was saying, people need to watch shows as originally intended (read: you can't skip when your watching a live broadcast/feed). This goes without saying that you're not supposed to know every detail about the ending beforehand (read: watch first, read/discuss later). See, people going Fuck this! They were going too fast but they didn't end the loop yet are understandable. But when you go it didn't end yet? gg I'm not watching this shit or I skipped to the end only to find out its still continuing... I dunno, L2watch?

Hm, I feel like I've posted something like this before...
Old 2009-07-23, 03:23   Link #682
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I just had an interesting thought, I wonder if all the shots of cicadas, and maybe even the bug hunt itself, isn't a huge reference to Higurashi, another anime that uses time loops.
The similarities between Endless Eight and Higurashi have been pointed out before, yes.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-23, 08:26   Link #683
Sol Falling

Holy shit this thread is boring. My own damn fault for reading all of it, but that was the initial impression I got and I needed to see if it was actually justified.

S'far as I'm concerned, the only proper response to this episode should have been 'lol'. Granted, going from some of the comments about rage disappating, there has been a general shift in that direction. The ending of this iteration makes it rather clear explicitly: we are being fucked around with; they are using the desire and tension of proceeding to the next arc to screw with our expectations; and it's pretty damn funny. This time it was funny enough for me to look up the episode thread, to laugh at myself and others about how effectively or ineffectively Kadokawa yanked our chains around. Maybe even, as someone noted, sadistically enjoy the nerdrage. But there's a problem here. Two problems really. And it's these two problems that made this thread (~part of it) boring as hell to read.

First problem is that most of the rage comes from tightasses who aren't even bothering to watch the show. Insignificant as it is, each ep is newly animated. Insignificant as it is, each ep does have a chance of actually concluding the story. These tightasses who won't 'allow' Kyoani to jerk them around and instead choose to rage from afar about their feelings being played with are just boring. Like hell you've actually been played with. If you actually watched the episodes, then you might be able to say that. 'Cause hell, if you actually watched the episodes, you'd see that it isn't 'milking' the series or anything, Kyoani are just pure and truly trolls. And at this point in the game, you just have to go with the flow, put on your troll hat, and laugh at all the nerdrage that they are carefully (even artfully) generating. The thing is to laugh/rage at their actual teases though, not this 'financially motivated' bullshit--and that means actually watching the show.

Okay, so those were the first problem. The people complaining without actually watching anything. The second though, are the equally boring and irritating attempts to justify these eps as interesting on a basis other than trolling. I mean, c'mon: 9/10 for camera angles? Minor variations from the other iterations, trivial references to other anime (K-on, Evangelion), Koizumi in a speedo? Does this actually justify yet another repeat of the same episode, another week without any plot progression? I think not, and anybody claiming that these repeating episodes are actually worth watching for the animation changes or minor references is kidding themselves. To be perfectly honest, the only real reason for tuning in each week is to see if they've actually progressed the story, if we're actually getting some plot and moving on, isn't that right? And in that regard, these past few episodes have truly been a waste of time. This episode was good for the mindscrew ('are they actually gonna finish the story today?') but it's added jack shit to the narrative of Haruhi. What's being built up here is Kyoani's reputation as trolls, not the actual characters, and for that it'd be a fucking lie if I said I was truly enjoying it.
Old 2009-07-23, 16:43   Link #684
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Its simple Kyoani fail for the 2nd season .
Like Yamatan said and apoligies . It should have been just 2 episodes for endless eight !!!

Check it !

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...s-inexcusable/
Old 2009-07-23, 17:13   Link #685
Little Buster
Punkish...Regulary

Just finished watching the raw and OH GOD KOIZUMI IN A SPEEDO! I can watch the raw now because the script never changes.
Old 2009-07-23, 19:18   Link #686
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
What do you gain from skipping?
Precious minutes of my life that could be spent watching a better show maybe..?
Old 2009-07-23, 21:35   Link #687
topboy
poor man

10/10
Hail Kyoto Ani !
Hail Haruhi anime !

*even If this episode is still picture of cat for 24 minutes , I will still give it 10/10
Old 2009-07-23, 23:12   Link #688
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Holy shit this thread is boring. My own damn fault for reading all of it, but that was the initial impression I got and I needed to see if it was actually justified.

S'far as I'm concerned, the only proper response to this episode should have been 'lol'. Granted, going from some of the comments about rage disappating, there has been a general shift in that direction. The ending of this iteration makes it rather clear explicitly: we are being fucked around with; they are using the desire and tension of proceeding to the next arc to screw with our expectations; and it's pretty damn funny. This time it was funny enough for me to look up the episode thread, to laugh at myself and others about how effectively or ineffectively Kadokawa yanked our chains around. Maybe even, as someone noted, sadistically enjoy the nerdrage. But there's a problem here. Two problems really. And it's these two problems that made this thread (~part of it) boring as hell to read.

First problem is that most of the rage comes from tightasses who aren't even bothering to watch the show. Insignificant as it is, each ep is newly animated. Insignificant as it is, each ep does have a chance of actually concluding the story. These tightasses who won't 'allow' Kyoani to jerk them around and instead choose to rage from afar about their feelings being played with are just boring. Like hell you've actually been played with. If you actually watched the episodes, then you might be able to say that. 'Cause hell, if you actually watched the episodes, you'd see that it isn't 'milking' the series or anything, Kyoani are just pure and truly trolls. And at this point in the game, you just have to go with the flow, put on your troll hat, and laugh at all the nerdrage that they are carefully (even artfully) generating. The thing is to laugh/rage at their actual teases though, not this 'financially motivated' bullshit--and that means actually watching the show.

Okay, so those were the first problem. The people complaining without actually watching anything. The second though, are the equally boring and irritating attempts to justify these eps as interesting on a basis other than trolling. I mean, c'mon: 9/10 for camera angles? Minor variations from the other iterations, trivial references to other anime (K-on, Evangelion), Koizumi in a speedo? Does this actually justify yet another repeat of the same episode, another week without any plot progression? I think not, and anybody claiming that these repeating episodes are actually worth watching for the animation changes or minor references is kidding themselves. To be perfectly honest, the only real reason for tuning in each week is to see if they've actually progressed the story, if we're actually getting some plot and moving on, isn't that right? And in that regard, these past few episodes have truly been a waste of time. This episode was good for the mindscrew ('are they actually gonna finish the story today?') but it's added jack shit to the narrative of Haruhi. What's being built up here is Kyoani's reputation as trolls, not the actual characters, and for that it'd be a fucking lie if I said I was truly enjoying it.
lol. personally i think this thread is entertaining. that time loop youtube video was hilarious. i think threads like this is a good place for fans like us to voice are opinions/rants etc.
Old 2009-07-24, 08:51   Link #689
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Anyway, as I was saying, people need to watch shows as originally intended (read: you can't skip when your watching a live broadcast/feed). This goes without saying that you're not supposed to know every detail about the ending beforehand (read: watch first, read/discuss later). See, people going Fuck this! They were going too fast but they didn't end the loop yet are understandable. But when you go it didn't end yet? gg I'm not watching this shit or I skipped to the end only to find out its still continuing... I dunno, L2watch?

Hm, I feel like I've posted something like this before...
Why should I force myself to watch something I'm not interested in, precisely?
Old 2009-07-26, 09:12   Link #690
Frostydrops
Lord of the Interwebz

Daaamn. All this set up isnt even worth it for the arc's ending!! What a waste of episodes.
Old 2009-07-26, 10:40   Link #691
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Its simple Kyoani fail for the 2nd season .
Like Yamatan said and apoligies . It should have been just 2 episodes for endless eight !!!

Check it !

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...s-inexcusable/
Old News!

Here's the new one!

KyoAni Staff in Open Rebellion over Endless Eight

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...endless-eight/
Old 2009-07-26, 11:07   Link #692
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Should I really yell SHAMEIMARU! whenever a link to Sankaku Complex gets posted? ~_O
Old 2009-07-26, 11:27   Link #693
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Besides, I'm pretty sure that interview has been posted already. Either that or my deja vu is kicking in again...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-26, 17:15   Link #694
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Another Fan Fury !
Good Kyoani you fail too much !
Wonder if people will buy your DVD with this arc really !

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...nues%e2%80%a6/

For the Open Rebellion . What's with the -nya and the discussion ..
Old 2009-07-26, 18:16   Link #695
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

I must admit, I didn't understand anything regarding that "interview".

Completely incomprehensible. Where does KyoAni say they don't like EE?
Old 2009-07-26, 21:19   Link #696
Dr. Casey

There was a part which indicated that, but it was contradicted almost right away.

Quote:
Interviewer: I thought I heard one of the people behind groaning that he wants to get it done with-nya…

Kyoto Animation Person: I think I understand how Nagato feels.

Interviewer: Everyone behind is strongly agreeing-nya. Everyone empathises with Yuki-nyan being really bored-nya…

Kyoto Animation Person: I don’t know what you are talking about.
What the hell. What's so hard to understand about sentiments that he just raised himself?

Although what I'm most curious about...

Quote:
The interview between “Kuroneko-man” and one of the animators, published on the official KyoAni website, seems to suggest staff are greatly aggrieved at the decision to air the same episode eight times with minor changes throughout:
... is what makes Kuroneko so sure this will last eight episodes.
Old 2009-07-26, 21:53   Link #697
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
I thought it was effing hilarious when Kyon referenced 6 Rei II of Neon Genesis Evangelion, talking about how he now knows how Unit 00 felt getting hit by the laser from the Angel Ramiel.

I personally really enjoy the Endless Eight. I kinda want the story to move forward....maybe this is filler for another new season =3

Old 2009-07-27, 00:47   Link #698
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
I must admit, I didn't understand anything regarding that "interview".

Completely incomprehensible. Where does KyoAni say they don't like EE?
There are actually 4-5 different people being interviewed there. (Yet more failkaku t/ls.)
Old 2009-07-27, 01:22   Link #699
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

At this point I am not even interested in the conclusion to this <s>episode</s> <s>arc</s> <s>quagmire</s> stunt. I'd rather forget the whole thing. The bonus episode where something different happened was enjoyable though. Yay!

Even if this non-season ends with the bestest episodes evah there's no way it makes up for this monotony of fail. So if I recommend this show to someone who's never seen it before, I don't see how "it was only half crap" gets them too excited about it.

What's funny to me is that it almost makes it seem like something actually happened in K-on.

At least some people are enjoying this. I guess that's a good thing. Zzzz.
Old 2009-07-27, 01:25   Link #700
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
At this point I am not even interested in the conclusion to this <s>episode</s> <s>arc</s> <s>quagmire</s> stunt. I'd rather forget the whole thing. The bonus episode where something different happened was enjoyable though. Yay!
BB Code failure.

I agree though.
Closed Thread