AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-09-18, 23:41   Link #19881
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
FFVIII gave me a silly idea; wouldn't it be cool to have Ominous Latin Chanting like in "The Succession of Witches"/Ultimencia's Theme, whenever greentext appears?

Ok, its cliche, but when you consider greentext could be a witch... Greenwitch?
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 00:04   Link #19882
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltakatei View Post
From the latest bits of the Final Fantasy franchise that I've seen, it shouldn't be that hard. The main leads are becoming increasingly androgynous.
We were kinda talking about the old games, however (FFV and FFVI). In these games, for some reason, or the main character was female (Terra and Celes in FFVI) or more then half of the party was female (FFV, 5 characters, 3 girls).

Anyway, I was just joking. Tough I would like to see how th hell make Faris (FFV) story be possible in a gender bend universe. She was a princess razed by piretes while was faking being man (to avoid being raped) and ended up be the captain. How the hell we we would make a Prince crossdressing as a woman? For which reason?

Don't need to think too much, tough. As I said, I was not serious.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 00:12   Link #19883
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Anyway, I was just joking. Tough I would like to see how th hell make Faris (FFV) story be possible in a gender bend universe. She was a princess razed by piretes while was faking being man (to avoid being raped) and ended up be the captain. How the hell we we would make a Prince crossdressing as a woman? For which reason?
That's actually rather easy. Do the same damn thing, only reversed. It's not entirely impossible for there to be a guy who's afraid of a large group of women utilizing him as a sex slave, and the series has plenty of male characters who could pass for female. Heck, that tradition, like so many others, started with the previous game.

I'm still standing by the "no bending video games" thing, I'm just explaining that Faris' situation could be done.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 00:14   Link #19884
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Where's Ithekro and that facepalm?

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 00:18   Link #19885
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
That's actually rather easy. Do the same damn thing, only reversed. It's not entirely impossible for there to be a guy who's afraid of a large group of women utilizing him as a sex slave, and the series has plenty of male characters who could pass for female. Heck, that tradition, like so many others, started with the previous game.

I'm still standing by the "no bending video games" thing, I'm just explaining that Faris' situation could be done.
...I is just plain weird having a all female pirate group tough. Also, Faris was not that young when she get missed and found by pirates.Given her personality, it would be strange for her(if she was a he) to crossdressing as a woman, isnted stand up and fight. However, her personality was kinda just like that because she had to fake she was a man. So, no idea how she would be if she was a crosdressing man.

Anyway, why not beding video game characters? Might not work here, but I can see a genderbended Chrono Trigger, for exemple.... That would be awesome, btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Oh, yeah, random useless off-toic again, sorry.

As I said, I wasn't serious.
Old 2009-09-19, 00:31   Link #19886
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Video games are an entirely different form of entertainment than anime, manga and books. While the stories could be used, they'll feel rather hollow as a result of the transition. We'd need programmers in order to make something worth mentioning.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-19, 00:41   Link #19887
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Video games are an entirely different form of entertainment than anime, manga and books. While the stories could be used, they'll feel rather hollow as a result of the transition. We'd need programmers in order to make something worth mentioning.
...It is not like we are doing anything worth mentioning beside the rewrite project and the VN right? I mean, it is just for the hell of discussion we even talk about it. We don't even have artist to at last draw a prtty fan-art.
Old 2009-09-19, 00:43   Link #19888
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
I don't know... will this do?

So.Many.Uses.TM

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 00:45   Link #19889
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

That it will Crow. That it will.

Old 2009-09-19, 02:28   Link #19890
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Anyway, why not beding video game characters? Might not work here, but I can see a genderbended Chrono Trigger, for exemple.... That would be awesome, btw.
Magusia the Fiendwhore!

...OK, back on topic.

So. Haruki's sexy and an asshole, Kyonko's a snarker, Yuuki's basically the same, Mitsuuru's a doormat, and Itsuko's got major sex appeal if you like girls.

Seitenkan: What's in it for you?™

Hey, that works. Slogans for Seitenkan! However, I think that'd be more suited to our CRACK filter.
Old 2009-09-19, 02:47   Link #19891
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
Magusia the Fiendwhore!

...OK, back on topic.

So. Haruki's sexy and an asshole, Kyonko's a snarker, Yuuki's basically the same, Mitsuuru's a doormat, and Itsuko's got major sex appeal if you like girls.

Seitenkan: What's in it for you?™

Hey, that works. Slogans for Seitenkan! However, I think that'd be more suited to our CRACK filter.
Actually, the female of Magus would be Maga, I believe (Magus is male of the latim for 'mage', Maga would be the female form). In japanese I belive it would be Maouhi(Devil Queen) insted his original name Maou(Devil King).

Anyway. I agree with you. Slogans would be cool. We, actually, need one for the game too. The problem is the exacly thing we are lacking is artists.
Old 2009-09-19, 11:39   Link #19892
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... Before anyone seriously considers bending Chrono Trigger(or Dragon Quest, for that matter)... can anyone reasonably imitate the art style of Akira Toriyama?

Also... I find "Magusia the Fiendwhore" to be an awesome name. Not sure why, though.
Old 2009-09-19, 13:45   Link #19893
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

The only thing I ever seem to post about these days is the fact that we can never stay on topic.
Old 2009-09-19, 13:55   Link #19894
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
The only thing I ever seem to post about these days is the fact that we can never stay on topic.
We often end up getting stuff out of it, so I see no problems with going off topic.
Old 2009-09-19, 14:15   Link #19895
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Off topic seems to help us, yet at the same time its hinders progress... Hm...

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 14:25   Link #19896
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
FFVIII gave me a silly idea; wouldn't it be cool to have Ominous Latin Chanting like in "The Succession of Witches"/Ultimencia's Theme, whenever greentext appears?

Ok, its cliche, but when you consider greentext could be a witch... Greenwitch?
I disagree. This is a much more appropriate theme. Maybe with the chanting from this mixed in somewhere.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 14:31   Link #19897
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
Off topic seems to help us, yet at the same time its hinders progress... Hm...
Tea time Off topic is essential to band practice genderbending. Isn't that common knowledge? Sorry for the K-On reference.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 17:33   Link #19898
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

So.Many.Uses.TM

For completion sake.

So. Many. Uses.
Old 2009-09-19, 17:45   Link #19899
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

So.Many.Uses.TM

For completion sake.

So. Many. Uses.
Time to combo it up. Thanks to Binjovi for working on this thing.

So. Many. Uses.

Old 2009-09-19, 18:15   Link #19900
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
That new Kyonko facepalm looks awesome. It'll look eight unheard of levels of kickassery when it's finished.

Binjovi Brand™ Images: Catering to Seitenkan since no one knows, but hey, it's kickass!

Ah~.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan