AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 18 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 34.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 22.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-10, 10:26   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kami nomi/TWGOK, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-11-10, 13:54   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Kaminomi 06 - The Monkey in the Hot Springs:
Old 2010-11-10, 14:00   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Decent episode. Best scene had to be Elsie's TV studio attack. Her adorableness knows no ends, plus that was a pretty nice foot shot. Nothing compared to the ED, though then again not a lot can compare to that . Second half with the interaction between Keima and Kanon was very fun. It helps that she's such an all around cute character, because it really brings out her character when she's acting friendly with him. Plus i like how they're handling her backstory, with the silhouettes.

Will be interesting to see how the pacing is handled next week.
Old 2010-11-10, 14:01   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think it was pretty obvious that things weren't heading towards a resolution in this episode despite all the little "flags" being raised because, although Keima kept ignoring it, the issues involving her backstory weren't actually resolved. She was just using him to cover up her insecurities without actually resolving them. The episode both started and ending with Keima thinking he had it figured out, but this time it's probably for real.

I particularly liked the use of the segno this time, to indicate that the story was jumping to a previous point, and also of course prestissimo -- very good use of musical notation again!

Edit: Ending artist this time is Amaduyu Tatsuki, who worked on a bunch of Pia Carrot games and Utawarerumono and ToHeart 2 among others.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-10 at 14:14.
Old 2010-11-10, 15:21   Link #5
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think it was pretty obvious that things weren't heading towards a resolution in this episode despite all the little "flags" being raised because, although Keima kept ignoring it, the issues involving her backstory weren't actually resolved. She was just using him to cover up her insecurities without actually resolving them. The episode both started and ending with Keima thinking he had it figured out, but this time it's probably for real.
At the start, he knew he was halfway there. I'm sure he knew that having her hang out with him wouldn't solve her problems, but he used the time to find out more about her and buy some time. Eventually, we saw him looking at the promotional material announcing her big concert, so I think he saw her disappearing at the crucial moment coming. And when she did what he anticipated, he knew which way to go to resolve her problem.

Next episode will probably have him dig deeper into her past and find the real reason why she's being ignored by everyone, despite her wannabe-idol status, and what the real reason behind the Citron breakup was (because I think her popularity isn't the real reason, but more that Kanon might not have fit in the band perfectly for whatever reason).
Old 2010-11-10, 16:01   Link #6
MartianMage

So sleepy... gonna watch this later when I wake up. I'm expecting to see "you've got mail you've got mail you've got mail" and "praise me praise me praise me" this episode. @_@
Old 2010-11-10, 16:15   Link #7
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Highlights for me were - Elsie at TV station, Elsie's 'nagai!!' and chibi-Kanon pestering Keima. Other stuff were... nagai.
Old 2010-11-10, 16:49   Link #8
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I'm sad that I was actually looking forward to this. Such a disappointment. It felt like nothing happened this week.
Old 2010-11-10, 16:52   Link #9
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I'll repeat again, yanderes are awesome. Uso!!!
Old 2010-11-10, 16:54   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
At the start, he knew he was halfway there. I'm sure he knew that having her hang out with him wouldn't solve her problems, but he used the time to find out more about her and buy some time. Eventually, we saw him looking at the promotional material announcing her big concert, so I think he saw her disappearing at the crucial moment coming. And when she did what he anticipated, he knew which way to go to resolve her problem.
Hmm.... Now I haven't read the manga or anything, but I'm not sure if Keima was quite that clairvoyant. I'm also not sure that I totally buy his "I was ignoring her on purpose to bring our her issue" argument either; at the very least, I think he was also genuinely uninterested. That being said "persistence" and "going with the flow" are the two cards he's played so far, so I think you're right that he's playing those cards again. I suppose, from his perspective, there's no reason to "rush the plot" since he figures it'll happen anyway (which is a very "galge" approach to the issue). But I think if he had paid a bit more attention, he could have put the pieces together more quickly.

Basically, I feel like he was just sort of waiting for the pieces to fall together on their own rather than trying to push things in a certain direction. That's not bad necessarily, but it does explain why (in an abstract way) this story gets three episodes whereas the others got 1 and 1 1/2. (The true reason arguably being that they're using this arc to promote CD sales... )
Old 2010-11-10, 17:36   Link #11
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I'm also not sure that I totally buy his "I was ignoring her on purpose to bring our her issue" argument either; at the very least, I think he was also genuinely uninterested.
There's a reason why ¬_¬ is one of Keima's most common expressions... ^_^

Quote:
(The true reason arguably being that they're using this arc to promote CD sales... )
Probably true... I just hope they don't have to rush somewhere down the road during a more interesting heroine's arc. Specifically one in particular...
Old 2010-11-10, 18:53   Link #12
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Uwaa... Everything dragged into a third episode?!
Mumumu... It was a pretty fun episode in general (mainly the second half), and Kanon was cute, but it doesn't feel like there is a need for three episodes. And I really don't want to hear any more of her songs... Not that her voice actor is bad, but the songs ring inside my head (not in a good meaning).
Anyways, she's run away (eh......~), so I guess half of the next episode is going to be spent searching for her and another half on the finale? Well, if they make it good, than all is well though. (I feel the staff is trying very hard this time too... maybe)

Pu... Pufufufu...
He actually takes care to protect his game device from the water in the bath this time. Now you're making sense (albeit one time too late). ( ´,_ゝ`)

And, oh! ToHeart2's CG artist!
Yes, good art as always.
(Not that I've ever played any games he has drawn for!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
plus that was a pretty nice foot shot.
I liked the leg shot at 7:28 (area). (´∀`*)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-11-10, 18:57   Link #13
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

That part where he pets her head gets me every time for some reason.
Old 2010-11-10, 19:10   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I liked the leg shot at 7:28 (area). (´∀`*)
Yeah we're pretty much talking about the same scene. :3
Old 2010-11-10, 19:34   Link #15
D-Gold
Aurum

I liked that part between 1:00-1:05 with keima route scene.
Old 2010-11-10, 20:37   Link #16
karuroso

I wonder why Manglobe is trying that hard to make Elsie look cute... not that is bad (and i'm not complaining =X), however in the manga she can also look attractive sometimes and of course, i'm doubtful about they animating that part of her since they're using this moefied character design and etc (worked well for Kanon though =O)
Old 2010-11-10, 20:42   Link #17
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Good episode. I really liked the PFP messages sequence with all the Kanon wipes. Was anybody else feeling a little yandere vibe from Kanon?
Old 2010-11-10, 21:20   Link #18
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

This episode was really REALLLY boring. Seriously, why? Why is the pacing sooo slow? They would be able to cover Kanon arc in just two episodes, including merchandacing songs.

Oh, well, I guess I'm the only one who is not enjoying it...

But what is going to happen on next week episode?
Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-10, 22:17   Link #19
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Hmm.. I was originally against dragging this on past two episodes, but I liked what they did this episode.

Most of the additions actually developed Keima better, and especially Elsie- for example, the scene between her and Keima's mother. And the extra on Criton was good for Kanon's development as well.

I did feel a couple times that it was bit slow, but it worked out okay and allowed them to end on a cliffhanger.

Spoiler for Speculation about pacing of next episodes:

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2010-11-10 at 22:55.
Old 2010-11-10, 22:36   Link #20
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
I particularly liked the use of the segno this time, to indicate that the story was jumping to a previous point, and also of course prestissimo -- very good use of musical notation again!
Ditto. Can't wait for the coda!

Though I generally like Kanon, her character type, the needy clingy kind whose identity and security totally rests on the affirmation by others, makes her one of my least favorite. But I thought the Kanon wipes were very amusing. Keima's become the best friend who won't be getting any!
In the end, I love what was done to flesh out the character in this episode. This is one of those anime shows where I like much better what it does do differently from the manga.
Closed Thread