AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-09, 02:47   Link #1021
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin fighter View Post
I know it's too early to judge, but it looks like thay are trying to wipe old fans out from TV series.
I imagine similar sentiments were made over a decade ago when G Gundam was first announced.... This is just Gundam expanding their fanbase, nothing more. For those who don't/won't like AGE, there's still Unicorn to look forward to.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 02:50   Link #1022
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

out of curiosity i'll follow it ...... kinda wish it was crossbones or sentinel was animated

all the hype was a let down for me
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 02:54   Link #1023
JC...
I am a Pie

I'm not too bothered by the disapointment since we still have Unicorn, but they really need to stop making ugly designs (in my opinion) just so they can be unique. Hopefully in a few years there will be another 'serious' series, like Gundam 00.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 02:55   Link #1024
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
I'm not too bothered by the disapointment since we still have Unicorn, but they really need to stop making ugly designs (in my opinion) just so they can be unique. Hopefully in a few years there will be another 'serious' series, like Gundam 00.
Watch this turn out to be the next Gaogaigar or something where a previously kiddy looking series turns into a cult favourite of awesomeness. I'd settle for that if it happened.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 02:56   Link #1025
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Watch this turn out to be the next Gaogaigar or something where a previously kiddy series turned into a cult favourite. I'd settle for that if it happened.
Or a Madoka-esque troll where it turns out the entire story is grimdark and full of soul-crushing despair.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-06-09, 03:06   Link #1026
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Or a Madoka-esque troll where it turns out the entire story is grimdark and full of soul-crushing despair.
Eh...guess we'll see if it's playing it straight to the kids or not. All I know is the internet is going to flip it's shit by tomorrow and there will be lots of bitching and I will weep for humanity once again.

Man though.....I seriously can't believe 18+ people are going to be complaining about a kids show, but unfortunately it's got Gundam in the name so people will have their own idea of what Gundam is and which demographic is allowed to be targeted by it or not. Never mind that Sunrise has several other titles aimed at an older audience either currently airing or down the pipeline.

Personally I'm okay with Sunrise trying to target kids with Gundam, I'm not that possessive over the concept and I've still got Unicorn. Like I said though I hope there's another UC OVA or something in the works over the next year or so if this show is too kiddie for me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 03:09   Link #1027
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

the design reminds a cross between v gundam and some units from g gundam who knows it might turn out like gear fighter dendou in my opinion a fun anime to watch
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 03:10   Link #1028
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I actually became interested after seeing its 2 other forms. For some reasons I have a feeling this one will be a Gundam's "Super Robot" show.
Old 2011-06-09, 03:57   Link #1029
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

It's not that I necessarily think that they shouldn't be allowed to make a kids Gundam show, it's just disappointing to hear that this new Gundam is probably not going to be for me .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 04:12   Link #1030
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I'n just back from work and see this terrible news
zetsubou shita
Old 2011-06-09, 04:23   Link #1031
Appel

interesting... the style is putting me off a little, too but the concepts of both the show and the gundam itself interest me. i will give it a chance, it IS a gundam show afterall^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 05:03   Link #1032
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
If it's Level 5, then you know they mean business. Although it's been a while since I last seen Level 5's last work, given their past, it's guaranteed to not only be well made, thought provoking, ultra high quality and exceptionally enjoyable.

The animation is likely to also be very awesome as well and will likely be very colorful, yet very neat to look at.

I may not be into Gundam, but those who are will probably really enjoy this anime.
Well, I really did enjoy Inazuma Eleven (and am enjoying GO). So I guess this might be interesting for a Gundam show. Although, if we go by past history in Animesuki, that last sentence might be wishful thinking.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 05:32   Link #1033
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

the only words that can describe my thought on it is this "unleash the casey".

yea indeed now so going to why they did this characters great it kids show, design so no no no, why can't you go back to GS era roots,etc.

really should gone with female lead gundam pilot or return to GS era or gundam crossover to answer to DECADE & gokaiger but this oh GS era come back & SAVE us.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 05:58   Link #1034
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
the only words that can describe my thought on it is this "unleash the casey".

yea indeed now so going to why they did this characters great it kids show, design so no no no, why can't you go back to GS era roots,etc.

really should gone with female lead gundam pilot or return to GS era or gundam crossover to answer to DECADE & gokaiger but this oh GS era come back & SAVE us.
come on now, you havent even seen the show yet... no one has!
and keep it down with seed. except for the mecha design there was nothing great about seed in my opinion.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 06:07   Link #1035
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Ignore him.

IMHO, people should not be too presumptuous about this. Much of the info about this new "Gundam AGE" anime have not been revealed, and we have too little idea and impression about the story or the mecha design to generate a permanent impression of this anime.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 06:07   Link #1036
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I actually became interested after seeing its 2 other forms. For some reasons I have a feeling this one will be a Gundam's "Super Robot" show.
They already have G Gundam though

Seriously though... I see a LOT of information of dubious credibility floating around regarding this series (many still think this is a Card Game Gundam, despite the summaries pointing out that isn't the case), so I'll hunker down till the 13th to know more.

I am in agreement on the main Gundam design being quite derivative though. The last time I felt this way about a mecha design was when the Impulse Gundam was unveiled in 2005 - the design just feels lazy to me.

Old 2011-06-09, 06:07   Link #1037
Araxiel

Quote:
Ume Aoki- *SHOT*
I am not in any way ashamed to say I would watch the shit out of that show while the rest of the internet spazzed out.
Quote:
Even though it would feel a little like they'd copied Madoka, a surprise troll like this would be very enjoyable. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Man though.....I seriously can't believe 18+ people are going to be complaining about a kids show, but unfortunately it's got Gundam in the name so people will have their own idea of what Gundam is and which demographic is allowed to be targeted by it or not.
This. A lot of Gundam fans seem to be under the delusion that they're heading Sunrise's board of directors, and that every Gundam show has to pander to thier individual tastes, and oh woe, now the characters are vaguely young-looking that means it's going to be a kids show for kids and Gundam is dead and it's the apocalypse and oh UC/SEED/other universe[delete as applicable] come save us~! And that may be sarcastic but it's not an exaggeration.
It's not the end of all Gundam forever just because the characters look like they might be from Digimon. As people have pointed out, Gundam fans are being incredibly spoiled lately with the thoroughly beautiful Unicorn. And yet, that's not enough?
Also, and this is important, some people fucking loved Digimon.

Anyway, thoughts. The Gundam itself looks pretty basic. It seems to be drawing from the Beginning's design a fair bit [particularly the shield], but leant more towards the original Gundam with a few added gimmicks like the chest sensor and altered V-fin.
From what we can see of the equipment add-ons, they're looking promising. Given that they seem to armour the whole frame [as opposed to plugging on like Striker packs et al], I get the feeling we're looking at Extreme Gundam's little brother, almost. At any rate, it explains why the base Gundam looks quite basic if it's meant to have all this stuff plugged all over it.
What interests me is the mention of three generations of characters spanning over a century-long war. Handled properly, that could be a very good concept indeed, and I imagine it'll be the making or breaking of this show much more so than the character/mecha designs or whatever trivial things people are worried about. If fans remember this series, it'll be because they rocked the generational thing; if it gets the shit cancelled out of it and fades into obscurity, it'll be because they fluffed that and it wound up feeling rushed or disjointed.

Thought for the day: legions of people hated the Turn-A's design with a passion, but it still got to be MG #100.
Old 2011-06-09, 06:10   Link #1038
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Anyway, the SD Gundam Sangoku show got pathetic TV ratings, so I don't know if Sunrise will want to continue that. Maybe a real Gundam show targeted at a younger audience? Or a Gunpla Builders type show.
I called it before and was kind of expecting this, so not really disappointed. Even kids shows can be good, as long as I doesn't treat the audience like they are stupid.

Unfortunately Level 5's stories tend to do that, so I look on apprehensively...
Old 2011-06-09, 06:17   Link #1039
jonli
JONLIの憂'

First thing I have to say is that the Gundam does not look good at all. It's hideous. It's got some pack-changing mechanic again like Strike and Impulse...not a fan of that. I thought they might try something new in terms of looks but no this guy just looks as generic as ever just uglier.

Usually designs can win me over if I see them in action though, like the Bushido's Ahead, so I'll see.

Not a big fan of the character designs, and I'm surprised they're taking this "Unknown Enemy" approach. I guess they're going to go for an alien enemy Gundam again (or at least it seems so). I guess having 00 movie approach new ground opens Gundam for newer kinds of enemies instead of other Mobile Suits like monsters and what not. I'm not against that idea at all.

It seems like this show is going to take itself a lot less seriously than the previous few Gundam shows, which is a good I guess. We can probably get some Gurren Lagann-esque, G-Gundam esque or Dendoh esque style. Still good, still fun. I'm also intrigued that they're advertising three main characters this time. Which intrigues me...how do they plan to present the story with three main characters? Is it going to be arc by arc? Father then son then descendant, they each get 20 episodes. If that's the case I would probably do some season thing like 00, and not reveal the son and descendant character until after the father arc is over.

The fact that they revealed all three at once seems to imply that the story might not be told in chronological order. They would probably jump from father to son to descendant randomly. It also seems like they're going to use the same Gundam, which surprises me since I thought they would use this chance to upgrade the Gundam three times and sell more Gunplas.

I'll give it a chance, but I won't hold my breath.

EDIT: Wait what? Level 5? Why are they involved? Their stories are absolute trash...
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 06:24   Link #1040
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I have to say I'm loving the lead Gundam design, even if it's a bit basic. Maybe not so much the add ons, but the basic design is winning me over already. Now if only it has a cone in it's back.....>__>

Not too much into the younger looking characters though but I guess that may be the taget demographic. Story concept sounds interesting for this basic level news reveal so far.

Different Gundam series tend to have their own thing that will have their own fans that like it. This series will be just that, like any other Gundam series. I may turn out to like this show or dislike it but Im just happy to have another Gundam show to watch this fall. At the moment, I do not see this as a dissapointment at all. At least I'll probably look forward to getting myself a HG of that lead Gundam.

It's strange that Im falling for the lead Gundam because Im not a big fan of the RX-78, although I am a big fan of modern redesigns of it like the 0 Gundam, Strike Gundam and Beginner Gundam. Maybe that's why.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-06-09 at 06:36.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote