AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 17:12   Link #1001
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think it be kind of funny if Ishida is the one that takes down this end boss. Then again that would mean taking Ichigo out of the spotlight unless they give him someone else to fight...

It'll probably be like the Ulquiorra fight where Ishida tries, but gets spanked. Whereas this time around he transfers some of his Quincy powers to Ichigo (preferably with a kancho). Who then saves the day and everyone is all rainbow and unicorn happy...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 18:20   Link #1002
Alchemist007
*Author

He borrowed Dr. Gero's machine bugs.
Old 2012-10-10, 20:12   Link #1003
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Didn't Buckbeard say Aizen had an eternity to ponder his decision to decline joining the VR? I guess not since Soul Society looks like it's being bombed by the army and all that destruction will probably free Aizen (if he's not already out of there). He'll be back and troll Buckbeard again because if we know one thing, it's that Aizen didn't want to share power with Buckbeard in the first place.

Yama got one-hit-killed. The strongest known shinigami gets killed in fast and gruesome fashion. Yikes.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 20:33   Link #1004
DarkRaven
GOD

I wonder what did bach do to Aizen for declining his invitation? lol
but im sure bach and his quincy army were watching the entire time waiting for the right moment to attack ... but it makes me wonder what is Ishida and his father doing?
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 20:36   Link #1005
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaven View Post
but im sure bach and his quincy army were watching the entire time waiting for the right moment to attack ... but it makes me wonder what is Ishida and his father doing?

busy being the only quincies without any other random special abilities
Old 2012-10-10, 21:53   Link #1006
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaven View Post
Even if Bach smacked Aizen around, the orb would heal him and he can't die. So I imagine Bach probably just chatted and left.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 22:24   Link #1007
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
As for how Bach could know about an event we haven't seen, he might've just assumed the most likely scenario.
I can find that plausible. I thought that he was referencing moments in time that had actually happened that I just couldn’t remember; that this new villain had somehow knew about. But that makes much more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
Bleach has moved past the 'emotional' death point, where drawing things out like that would ruin the flow of things.
I feel that Bleach has never really had an emotional death. Out of the characters that have died, the majority of them have been villain, with a few good guys scattered in there—Yamamoto, Sasakibe, Kaien, Ichigo’s mom, and Gin (who was an anti-hero). I won’t count Byakuya either, until it is confirmed. You can show me him hunched over and bloodied, but that isn’t good enough. He has to be vaporized just like Yamamoto to count on this list because I can see him easily being healed back to life.

But a theme that Kubo likes to use involves killing off a character (whether off screen or during an epic battle) then giving them ‘backstory’ that essentially makes the character who they were as a person/arrancar/soul reaper/ext. For villains, this shines some light on them and makes them seem more relatable or at least, less wicked. For heroes, this further places emphases on their honor or what really made them good. Unfortunately, most of these characters are already known to be fodder (the villains) or are hardly known at all (the heroes). So this ‘development’ feels forced and contrived.

I really wish that Yamamoto had been given an honorable death because we as the readers didn’t know his past as being a ‘gangsta badass’ (or at least, I was unaware). It hadn’t been established. Now something vaguely mentioned by this new villain is how we are supposed to see Yamamoto—just some dried up old gangster that didn’t stand a chance. And I know that this will be used against Ichigo, to make his resolve waver in a future battle. Kubo has done this in the past, in almost all of the arcs.

When Bach gets his speech (because all villains in shonen get these) he will tell the terrible truths of the SS’s malicious and malevolent ways. How SS made up lies to the new soul reapers that Qunicies had to be eliminated because they disrupted the balance to cover up the fact that they committed a mass genocide all because of a turf war (or something to this affect). Kubo will change the history that has already been established like he has before. And even if everything the villain is saying turns out to be true later on, Ichigo won’t believe him. He can only speculate in that one moment of doubt. And maybe that’s why Kubo didn’t give Yamamoto an honorable death. Yamamoto may turn out to be not a very good character at the end of this arc.

Quote:
Seriously though, can someone answer this for me? The Mohawk Stern Ritter was roasted by Yamamoto when he, As Nodt and Nananananaa Jakoop tried to sneak attack him, right? Then how is he still standing whent he soldiers storm in?
I was wondering the same thing. At first I couldn't recongize the character and thought that Ikkaku had grown a mohawk, but then I realized it was one of the people that Yamamoto fried. I have no clue how he's still standing. Maybe fire attacks are less affective on him, since all of these Quincies seemingly have special powers.
Old 2012-10-10, 22:30   Link #1008
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Yamaji got taken out like a punk.
Really i can't help but compare this to how other old anime badasses got taken out. In Naruto the 3rd Hokage had a fierce fight against one of the most prominent villains and in death managed to severely injure him and force him to retreat; considering Bach was planning on leaving anyway to wait for the royal guard maybe Yamaji could have achieved something similar. In One Piece, we had whitebeard who stormed the battlefield plowing through even the toughest opponents; he was taken out by the shear number of wounds that was inflicted upon him by the entire ARMY he was fighting against. Yamaji of bleach... he wastes his best moves taking out a minion and is then taken down effortlessly by the villain. Thus he dies achieving nothing and dying like a punk
i agree. he could have used his bankai to at least take out the shitritters who were currently in soul society, save for juha bach himself who would obviously survive the attack. then at least his efforts wouldn't be for naught. that would have been a good death for such a powerful character.
Old 2012-10-10, 22:42   Link #1009
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
When Bach gets his speech (because all villains in shonen get these) he will tell the terrible truths of the SS’s malicious and malevolent ways. How SS made up lies to the new soul reapers that Qunicies had to be eliminated because they disrupted the balance to cover up the fact that they committed a mass genocide all because of a turf war (or something to this affect). Kubo will change the history that has already been established like he has before. And even if everything the villain is saying turns out to be true later on, Ichigo won’t believe him. He can only speculate in that one moment of doubt. And maybe that’s why Kubo didn’t give Yamamoto an honorable death. Yamamoto may turn out to be not a very good character at the end of this arc.
Kinda too late for Bach to QQ about his people dying...seeing as he kills his own man anyways

Any soft-hearted reason now for this attack on SS by Bach would be as stupid as Ichigo's explanation for Aizen.
Old 2012-10-10, 22:48   Link #1010
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Here is the reason why.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 22:48   Link #1011
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Kinda too late for Bach to QQ about his people dying...seeing as he kills his own man anyways

Any soft-hearted reason now for this attack on SS by Bach would be as stupid as Ichigo's explanation for Aizen.
I don't think it would be considered 'soft-hearted'. It would and still be for revenge. The reason Ichigo has always been so powerful (besides being the chosen one) is because he has the resolve to take care of business, protect his friends, not want to die, ext. He's gone through numerous reason of why he has to kill some baddy or at least neutralizer them and usually, they can say a few words and suddenly he's broken. I think that Bach will just mention this, just to break Ichigo's resolve, when we eventually get to their fight. But that's a long ways to go.
Old 2012-10-10, 22:56   Link #1012
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
I don't think it would be considered 'soft-hearted'. It would and still be for revenge. The reason Ichigo has always been so powerful (besides being the chosen one) is because he has the resolve to take care of business, protect his friends, not want to die, ext. He's gone through numerous reason of why he has to kill some baddy or at least neutralizer them and usually, they can say a few words and suddenly he's broken. I think that Bach will just mention this, just to break Ichigo's resolve, when we eventually get to their fight. But that's a long ways to go.
It doesn't make sense for him to hold a grudge against them for killing quincies when Bach does it himself,unless Shinigamis assraped him as a child...his reasons for revenge would be just -_-. Imma just call it, since this whole arc is just a rehash of Aizen's...Bach is doing it because he's lonely.
Old 2012-10-10, 23:01   Link #1013
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
It doesn't make sense for him to hold a grudge against them for killing quincies when Bach does it himself,unless Shinigamis assraped him as a child...his reasons for revenge would be just -_-. Imma just call it, since this whole arc is just a rehash of Aizen's...Bach is doing it because he's lonely
I'm not saying he's the brightest villain. Possibly insane. I could also buy the possibility of Back starting the war because he was bored and had too much free time.
Old 2012-10-10, 23:19   Link #1014
xky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wish Yamamoto had fought back at least a little. Dying in one slash doesn't befit him.

As for the monster metaphor, it's pretty obvious it was referring to Yamamoto himself. It seems like he pretty much destroyed Soul Society while trying to defend it in the past. He probably even killed his own subordinates too. That was something he deeply regretted and swore it would never happen again.
first thought that popped in my head was, it was Yama-jii, in Zanka no Tachi, Nishi: Zanjitsu Gokui. and some insane Shinigami painter was close enough in the battle scene to paint him
xky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 23:31   Link #1015
sayde

Quote:
It doesn't make sense for him to hold a grudge against them for killing quincies when Bach does it himself,unless Shinigamis assraped him as a child...his reasons for revenge would be just -_-. Imma just call it, since this whole arc is just a rehash of Aizen's...Bach is doing it because he's lonely.
Well if we go along with the notion of Bach being a former shinigami, he might have tons of potential reasons to wage war against Yamamoto and his army if the old way Yama-jii and his band of "thugs" conducted their affairs was really as cruel and unjust as was implied this chapter.

Actually, what's somewhat interesting to note is that Juha Bach revealed Yamamoto to once act in a similar matter to the way Yamamoto claimed Juha Bach acts right now. In other words, Juha Bach accused Yamamoto of once being someone who would do anything it takes to win and who also didn't care for the lives of his subordinates at all. This sounds like it describes Juha Bach perfectly. To top it off, it almost sounded like Juha Bach was praising him for these former qualities. So regardless of the fact that they opposed each other, it sure seems possible that Yamamoto's old ways may have influenced and eventually created the man we see now.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 23:35   Link #1016
SeanQ

They were both dicks back then...difference is, Bach remained a dick and Yama became a pussy.
Old 2012-10-10, 23:37   Link #1017
sayde

Quote:
They were both dicks back then...difference is, Bach remained a dick and Yama became a pussy.
Obviously. But the question is, was Bach always a dick, or was that somehow Yamamoto's doing?
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 23:40   Link #1018
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Obviously. But the question is, was Bach always a dick, or was that somehow Yamamoto's doing?
Did Yama-ji ass rape him as a child for him to turn out this way? Looking at Bleach's track record for main villains, they're just evil just to be evil. Or I don't know, kinda hard to make someone feel comfortable with killing their own race so...
Old 2012-10-11, 01:16   Link #1019
Lendial

This is so much like the bounto arc- which imo was the lowpoint of the series.
Old 2012-10-11, 01:31   Link #1020
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

^And Bount was anime filler, wasn't it? (I'd have to ask because I really don't watch the anime.)

To me, the lowest point of the manga was the Fullbringer Arc. Fullbringer, to me, had potential, with the main villain of that series being a substitute soul reaper, like Ichigo, but it was done poorly and was seemingly overshadowed by all of the other characters that didn't amount to much. It wasn't to the point, when if it had been, it might have had more impact. It possibly would have been shorter, but better. I really can't say anything about the anime arcs (that are filler) because I don't think I watched any of them. I just know of them.

I know that this arc, by the end of it, won't be very good, but I don't think it will be the worst. More things have to occur other than the Soul Society getting destroyed though. It's become a little redundant and boring by now. Changing paces and going off the Hueco Mundo will do some good. (If Kubo does do that in the next chapter or two.)

Tags
bleach, chapter