AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-17, 13:47   Link #20441
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Reflecting a spell and using one aren't the same you know. While he can be beaten with a trick à la GREMLIN, he could partially reflect the wings of a Christian Archangel once and completely disintegrated a weaker level spell. Saints have 0 chance against him if they go the physical way (unless they go Kihara-kun too ), and apparently only certain type/level of magic can hit him.
Also what if he's not a LV.6? His wings are more than enough to curbstomp any Saint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
We just saw two saints fight seriously in serie: Kanzaki and Acqua, and by what these two have shown, with the exception of the Accelerator, it sThere lose to the others you mentioned anything, God, Acqua was incredible too.

The physical abilities of a saint are absurd, though I Admit that Mugino is a monster, do not believe she would win a fight with them, at least she would outlook capable of reacting to attack any of them?
Of course Acqua-bro is a monster among monsters Neither I think there's a LV.5 (apart from Accel and probably Fridge-kun MK.II) who can beat him yet.
However, for the other known Saints, I don't think they're out of reach of Vol.15 Kakine (not counting his new powers and/or new wings). And Gunha is easily average Saint Level. Not to mention all of them can be potentially far above Saints if they get a hold of their own true potential ... because no matter how strong they can be, Saints are still bellow angels and Majin.

The reason why, I included Mugino is because you can't just rush at someone enveloped with 10000 beams no matter how fast and physically strong you are But, hey, anyone can beat her if they have the patience to wait for her powers to run out.

Quote:
ps: Gunha deserves a side story
100% Agreed
Old 2012-10-17, 14:35   Link #20442
leukrota

@desrtsku - It's not like saints are a bunch of superpowered thugs. Though we haven't seen them that much in actions, the ones we have use their brain well enough. And their speed/reaction time is not something you can ignore.
Old 2012-10-17, 14:45   Link #20443
Miraluka
Banned

Somethings I need to mention:
- Magicians knows espers' weakness. In the opposite, espers don't know magicians' weakness.
- Gunha barely reaches 2 times the speed of sound. Saints can go several times the speed of the sound enough to be called godlike speed while leaving ridiculous amouns of magical energy explosions as aftereffects.
- Accelerator can'r reflect the spell, only turn it into basic energy.
Old 2012-10-17, 14:58   Link #20444
Javiersansano

The in which level of this "power scale" would Fiamma fall?

On another subject, can Accelerator update his Persona Reality to redirect any newly encoutered spell A.K.A new vector? Wouldn't this give him a good chance against othinus?
Old 2012-10-17, 15:03   Link #20445
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
On another subject, can Accelerator update his Persona Reality to redirect any newly encoutered spell A.K.A new vector? Wouldn't this give him a good chance against othinus?
Only a 50% chance
Old 2012-10-17, 15:05   Link #20446
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Only a 50% chance
And if she gets Gungnir, Othinus would have a 100% of victory? I refuse to believe that she'll become "invincible" with Gungnir... I mean, Fiamma achieved la persona superiore a dio, and still lost, and let's not forget that Aleister crushed Fiamma easily
Old 2012-10-17, 15:08   Link #20447
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
The gap between a Saint and a lvl 5 is still too big. Even acelerator can only got at 850km/h. Of course, that depends of the enemies and the type of powers they have
Where did you get that idea? I did some calculations and Accelerator (in Angel form) is about mach 23. Mugino, because of her feat of escaping the bombs she blew up in volume 19, is slightly above mach 20 in speed.

On another note though, the character with the fastest movement speed in the series is Mjolnir, being almost Mach 37.

Spoiler for Speed calculations for Mugino, Accelerator, and Mjolnir:
Old 2012-10-17, 15:32   Link #20448
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Touma vs Thor was cool.
Old 2012-10-17, 15:35   Link #20449
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
The in which level of this "power scale" would Fiamma fall?
God tier. He basically moves(horizontally) at the speed of light with his HR.

Quote:
Not yet.

Quote:
And if she gets Gungnir, Othinus would have a 100% of victory? I refuse to believe that she'll become "invincible" with Gungnir... I mean, Fiamma achieved la persona superiore a dio, and still lost, and let's not forget that Aleister crushed Fiamma easily
It would be 180% victory though. And Fiamma lost because he used his power the wrong way, and Aleister fought against very weakened Fiamma who lost his HR, the SoB, Index's remote control, damaged by grimoire contamination, etc.

EDIT:
Chapter 2 completed: Thor goes Fiamma (about being selfish) and ironically goes "Touma" on Touma when pointing out his flaws , you know about choosing (Touma to Accelerator II) .

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-10-17 at 15:55.
Old 2012-10-17, 16:01   Link #20450
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Touma vs Thor was cool.
Or more exactly Thor's really cool. Mah, I already like that guy, he's got so much GAR emanating from him even though he looks like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
- Magicians knows espers' weakness. In the opposite, espers don't know magicians' weakness.
You know, against a guy who's different from normal espers and can move even after having all the cells of his body equally damaged, a guy who can sprout wings in a lobotomised state and a guy who can generate brains at will ... that's not much of a weakness anymore.
Quote:
- Gunha barely reaches 2 times the speed of sound. Saints can go several times the speed of the sound enough to be called godlike speed while leaving ridiculous amouns of magical energy explosions as aftereffects.
While no accurate numbers had ever been given to Saints' speed which leaves it open to debate, Gunha is crazy powerful enough to generate incredible amount of damage with a single wave of his hand, enough guts to tank Miko-chin's strongest attack like nothing. Right now, guys of Acqua's level might be a bit too much but Kanzaki and Brunhild don't have something that'd leave him far behind. + the future Majin-level potential = he's a guy who's supposed to be Ollerus-level with just more understanding of his powers
Quote:
- Accelerator can'r reflect the spell, only turn it into basic energy.
hahem, I put the interesting part in bold :
Quote:
Originally Posted by posted above
he could partially reflect the wings of a Christian Archangel once and completely disintegrated a weaker level spell
Old 2012-10-17, 16:03   Link #20451
Algent

Quote:
Chapter 2 completed: Thor goes Fiamma (about being selfish) and ironically goes "Touma" on Touma when pointing out his flaws , you know about choosing (Touma to Accelerator II) .
So now we know the why of the "rival" in the synopsis.
Old 2012-10-17, 16:06   Link #20452
leukrota

Quote:
Touma vs Thor was cool.
Yeah...

I love Touma's dilemma. Gremlin obviously wants Fraulein alive, and removing her from her prision undoubtedly helps their purpose. On the other hand, he cannot trust Ollerus and company not to kill her given the chance (we know he wouldn't, but Touma doesn't). Of course, being who he is, he cannot sacrifice Fraulein himself to save AC. His only choice gambling with Thor, despite the huge disadvantage he would put himself in.

Well, if Touma's actions put Ollerus in a bad spot it would be just his fault, he should have sent Kaori to him if he wanted Touma's trust.

Now, Thor is a bit too forceful, he is like: "C'mon, you let yourself be used by Levinia and Kagun, so why not by me?"... but I guess it worked.

... And speaking of him. He's supposed to be Thor, but he behaves more like Loki.
Old 2012-10-17, 16:11   Link #20453
Sumeragi
Banned

Theoretically, Accelerator can reflect ANYTHING as long as he can understand the concept and apply it to his powers. I figure that if he was set in the Harry Potter universe with his powers intact, he can reflect all the dark spells thrown at him.
Old 2012-10-17, 16:21   Link #20454
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Yes, yes, exactly

Back to Thor, if that's supposed to be Thor, then either we're gonna have an even cooler guy for Loki or a an idiot (I hope it's the former)
Old 2012-10-17, 16:40   Link #20455
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Theoretically, Accelerator can reflect ANYTHING as long as he can understand the concept and apply it to his powers. I figure that if he was set in the Harry Potter universe with his powers intact, he can reflect all the dark spells thrown at him.
except that, IF I'm not mistaken, in order to "understand" the concept behind said power (aka, adding the specific spell to the data base that already has momentum, electricity, heat, etc...), he has to make contact to it.

IF he was thrown into Harry Potter's world, he would die from Avada Kedvara... unless he identifies said spell with his wings... I guess?
Old 2012-10-17, 16:45   Link #20456
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Is there even a logic behind those spells ?
Old 2012-10-17, 16:46   Link #20457
Sumeragi
Banned

Everything has an internal logic to it. It's a matter of whether you're able to understand that logic.
Old 2012-10-17, 16:47   Link #20458
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Wouldn't harry potter spells in this theory apply the same idea as teleportation?
Old 2012-10-17, 16:51   Link #20459
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Chapter 3 part 1

Spoiler for part 1:
Old 2012-10-17, 16:53   Link #20460
Javiersansano

Quote:
Chapter 3 part 1

Dammit!! He ran off even after I told him he had to stay over tonight!? Himegami-san, do you know where that bastard Kamijou Touma went!?”

Mikoto twitched slightly when she suddenly heard that name.

But the situation went well beyond what she could have predicted.

The large-breasted girl speaking with someone over the phone said, “Eh? …He’s been arrested by Anti-Skill!?”
I wish I could say nothing Touma (or any other character) does or gets involved with surprises me... but somehow, the Author keeps proving me otherwise... f*cking genius
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen