3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.62%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-25, 18:18   Link #221
c^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's funny since I didn't even vote for Lelouch x Shirley in that romance poll, but now I feel he took the easy way out by geassing her. He should have let her heal naturally and tried harder to work things out with her.

But I guess he couldn't really take the chance. Ah, well. :\
It is not about taking a chance; he is only choosing what is best for Shirley. The other reasonable option would have been a more selective removal of her memories, which would have been just as well for Lulu.

If her love were to remain though, it would only cause her pain, and possibly get her involved again. As much as Lulu may love her, it is a love that can't be. Distancing himself from Shirley is purely for her benefit, and maintaining the lie will cause him much more trouble.

Erasing his very existence from her mind, was probably the most difficult option he could have chosen. The easy way out would have been to kill her, though that is too cruel to even consider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Lelouch already have someone to protect, and that someone is his sister. He most certainly haven't got the capacity to watch out for one more person who can't defend herself. I know this sound cruel, but as i say, it's still better than killing her off.
While quite tragic, it was probably the only way for her to live a long and happy life. Even if a bit painful though, it was well done.
c^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 20:37   Link #222
Esayah

Quote:
Originally Posted by c^2 View Post
It is not about taking a chance; he is only choosing what is best for Shirley. The other reasonable option would have been a more selective removal of her memories, which would have been just as well for Lulu.

If her love were to remain though, it would only cause her pain, and possibly get her involved again. As much as Lulu may love her, it is a love that can't be. Distancing himself from Shirley is purely for her benefit, and maintaining the lie will cause him much more trouble.

Erasing his very existence from her mind, was probably the most difficult option he could have chosen. The easy way out would have been to kill her, though that is too cruel to even consider.
Amen.

Because Lulu is on such an important mission, he cannot put his feelings before his goals. This theme pops up over and over again to test his will, and even though he doesn't show it in front of everyone he carries the greatest burden of pain on himself. The Shirley incident was insanely tragic in my eyes, the one-sided pain is a lot for Lulu to carry.
Esayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 20:53   Link #223
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Killing her would have presented him with another difficulty.

Was it really the best thing for her? Life is about dealing with our problems. That's how we grow. Just making it so she doesn't remember it happened, taking it all away... He robbed her of an opportunity to win against tragedy.

It's one of those situations where you have to take the good with the bad. He took away the pain, but he also took away precious memories and love. He might have had her welfare in mind, but in the end, it's a rather cruel mercy.

Note, it's also a result, I think, of prioritizing his mission over his feelings and hers. I can't fault him for that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 21:50   Link #224
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thumbs up Kick Ass episode

I have not agreed with all Lulus choices as him self and Zero but i have understood them. This was a very powerful episode imo Lulu made the right choice wiping Shirleys memories clean. Killing her would have only compounded the problems and added to his sins. Removing her love for him will distance her from him and keep her from possible getting involved again. Its too her benefit yet it is also sad. Zero can ill afford a weakness like Shirley presented. There are 2 things that im going to look for since i am sure we will see still Shirley around at school.

1. Will anyone else notice that she doesnt love Lulu anymore? I mean he completely erased her memory she didnt even recognize him. That could cause problems at school especially is Suzaku gets wind of it.

2. Whats to stop Shirley from falling in Love with him all over again

Other interesting points of the episode was the possible creation of Unit for Yuffie. She would have her own knight order and Gee let me think, who is she going to pick to be her first knight.

Zero is not out of the woods yet there is still 1 more person who knows his true identity and then there is Mao who has Geass as well but a different type SURPRISE LULU. My prediction is things are going to get much worse before they get better. Next episode looks like Lulu is personally blaming Mao for what happen with Shirley that the impression that i got when he was talking about vengeance.
Old 2007-01-25, 22:44   Link #225
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
1. Will anyone else notice that she doesnt love Lulu anymore? I mean he completely erased her memory she didnt even recognize him. That could cause problems at school especially is Suzaku gets wind of it.
I think they would notice that she has no idea who Lulu is anymore. "Uh, she hit her head.. yea.."

I'm not sure how much of her memory is gone, but I was under the impression that she lost almost all of it. It would be safer for Lulu to have her forget everything and disappear as opposed to return to school and then have to explain the lapse in memory. He also could have just erased memories of himself, but that's going to be really hard to cover up.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 03:29   Link #226
Northy

Send a message via AIM to Northy Send a message via MSN to Northy Send a message via Yahoo to Northy
As C.C said at the very beginning of Code Geass. He told Lulu that he will gain power, however he will be alone. I guess, this episode show us how the geass is slowly taking away the people close to lulu now. Now is shirley, who will be next ?
Northy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 10:16   Link #227
bond4154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelray View Post
I'm not sure how much of her memory is gone, but I was under the impression that she lost almost all of it. It would be safer for Lulu to have her forget everything and disappear as opposed to return to school and then have to explain the lapse in memory. He also could have just erased memories of himself, but that's going to be really hard to cover up.
I think Lelouch did not know to what extent Shirley discovered about all this. Selective memory wipe only works when you know exactly what to target, and if Lelouch accidentally left a loose end for Shirley to follow on, she could follow the trail again and still come up to Lelouch, who would not be able to use the Geass on her. I think Lelouch did that to prevent any chance of Shirley ever discovering he was Zero again, and for him to carry all the "sins".
bond4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 10:29   Link #228
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Killing her would have presented him with another difficulty.

Was it really the best thing for her? Life is about dealing with our problems. That's how we grow. Just making it so she doesn't remember it happened, taking it all away... He robbed her of an opportunity to win against tragedy.

It's one of those situations where you have to take the good with the bad. He took away the pain, but he also took away precious memories and love. He might have had her welfare in mind, but in the end, it's a rather cruel mercy.

Note, it's also a result, I think, of prioritizing his mission over his feelings and hers. I can't fault him for that.
Eitherway, I don't think Shirely's out of the picture yet. Sooner or later she'll come back and bite him in the rear(Like Angel and his son Conner if anyone watched the final season). I don't see how they can keep this charade up. But then again, whose there to notice? Milly has already been taken care of (Despite the weak excuse), Nina I'm not going to bother, Rivalz is nothing..only Suzaku would press the matter but Lelouch can handle that easily. Maybe Shirely's roomate will play a role later on.

Quote:
2. Whats to stop Shirley from falling in Love with him all over again
Well first, we need Shirely to be curious about him again and check him out. THen we need another car accident scene with a two truck nearby in which Lelouch will attach the "bad guy's" car to the tow truck and watch it drive away with him crying like a little girl.

So the chances of that happening are slim.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 11:39   Link #229
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond4154 View Post
I think Lelouch did not know to what extent Shirley discovered about all this. Selective memory wipe only works when you know exactly what to target, and if Lelouch accidentally left a loose end for Shirley to follow on, she could follow the trail again and still come up to Lelouch, who would not be able to use the Geass on her. I think Lelouch did that to prevent any chance of Shirley ever discovering he was Zero again, and for him to carry all the "sins".
Lulu knew when Shirley found out he was Zero so he might have been able to erase only the memories from that night forward (any maybe a little more just to be safe). Lulu could probably guess that she didn't suspect him or have any reason to chase Zero before her father died so he could have wiped her memories from that point too. Then he'd have a great excuse for the memory loss; "She was so shocked and depressed about losing her father that she repressed her own memories!" (probably not a completely scientifically legitimate excuse, but it would sound good.)

Maybe Lulu really did think he was doing her a favor by erasing her memories so she wouldn't be in love with him anymore. That's a pretty egotistical move there. I don't particularly like Shirley, but I don't think that she's so weak she can't get over a guy who doesn't like her.

Completely wiping her memory was the safest route (besides killing her) but I still think the gaping memory lost could be trouble for Lulu if she ever returns to the school.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 17:36   Link #230
Northy

Send a message via AIM to Northy Send a message via MSN to Northy Send a message via Yahoo to Northy
I love to see more development between kallen and lulu now... Since we have Shirley almost completely removed out of the love triangle. Lets hope that we can see something new!! Go kallen!..
Old 2007-01-26, 18:44   Link #231
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
As C.C said at the very beginning of Code Geass. He told Lulu that he will gain power, however he will be alone. I guess, this episode show us how the geass is slowly taking away the people close to lulu now. Now is shirley, who will be next ?
Exactly it seems that Karma is playing a roll in Lulu's destiny. He may be destined to see his ambitions brought to light but he will pay the price. IMO Shirley was just the first of the people he is going to lose. Im thinking by the end of the series he wont even have his sister by his side anymore. I dont believe Shirley's roll is quite over yet she will still be around, and there is always the chance that she could fall for him again.

Going back to school is going to be tough there is no way he is going to be able to hide the fact that Shirley does not remember who he is. Also, Lulu cant just not go back to school that would not only make him seem more suspicious but he cant abandon his Nanulley as well. Kallen and Suzaku are both pretty sharp they are going to notice something is different. Things just got a lot tougher for our little conqueror.

Does anyone know if what weve seen of Lulu's Geass is the extent of his power? Im wondering if Lulu's Geass can take away memories maybe he can return them as well but has never tried. I would say he needs to ask C.C. more about his powers but she probably wouldnt answer him.

WTF was up with C.C. outfit

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-01-26 at 18:54.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 18:59   Link #232
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Exactly it seems that Karma is playing a roll in Lulu's destiny. He may be destined to see his ambitions brought to light but he will pay the price. IMO Shirley was just the first of the people he is going to lose. Im thinking by the end of the series he wont even have his sister by his side anymore. I dont believe Shirley's roll is quite over yet she will still be around, and there is always the chance that she could fall for him again.

WTF was up with C.C. outfit
oh yea thats a scary thought...to lulu nanaly is the world...loose her and he might aswell loose his will to live >.< and i also believe that shirley hasnt totally been kicked off the scene yet...ill prefer to call it a break from action for all we know she could just recover her memories back like vilette and with a higher chance seen as her love for lulu is much much stronger ~ all she needs is something to act as a trigger ~ pics of lulu with shirley?

and yea...CC's outfits maybe crazy but they are totally cool when she puts them on

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 21:46   Link #233
bond4154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelray View Post
Lulu knew when Shirley found out he was Zero so he might have been able to erase only the memories from that night forward (any maybe a little more just to be safe). Lulu could probably guess that she didn't suspect him or have any reason to chase Zero before her father died so he could have wiped her memories from that point too. Then he'd have a great excuse for the memory loss; "She was so shocked and depressed about losing her father that she repressed her own memories!" (probably not a completely scientifically legitimate excuse, but it would sound good.)

Maybe Lulu really did think he was doing her a favor by erasing her memories so she wouldn't be in love with him anymore. That's a pretty egotistical move there. I don't particularly like Shirley, but I don't think that she's so weak she can't get over a guy who doesn't like her.

Completely wiping her memory was the safest route (besides killing her) but I still think the gaping memory lost could be trouble for Lulu if she ever returns to the school.
It might be trouble when they find out Shirley can't remember Lelouch, but how many people (other than Viletta and possibly Kallen) can even think Lelouch had a hand in it?
bond4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 02:04   Link #234
Bloodseeker

Dammit Lelouch!

Well, at least Shirley broke the cliche. I thought that she might do what most anime girls do in these kinds of situations and get all annoying and hate Lelouch for the next ten episodes until the heart-to-heart moment makes her truly understand why he did what he did.

Also, Mao needs to get mind raped and die horribly. Lelouch needs to do the honors.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 11:28   Link #235
Kusaja

I was never a Shirley fan (nor a hater), but it's still a bit of a sad episode even if many people could already predict its outcome days in advance (not all the details, but the general idea of it).

Lelouch's solution still seems to be the easy way out though, and he could pay an even greater price in the future if he doesn't think more about the long term consequences (he originally didn't even consider that, as Zero, he'd end up hurting and endangering people personally close to him, and now he goes all emotional and Geasses Shirley out of guilty/mercy against her will).

He doesn't just need to acknowledge his sins and bear the weight, but also think about how to prevent the rest of the fallout they'll create.

Mao's a manipulative prick, but I guess that Lulu's also fits that description too (even if he's meant to be more deserving of the audience's empathy, obviously). Such a powerful thing like Geass always tends to corrupt, in different ways.

Quote:
Does anyone know if what weve seen of Lulu's Geass is the extent of his power? Im wondering if Lulu's Geass can take away memories maybe he can return them as well but has never tried. I would say he needs to ask C.C. more about his powers but she probably wouldnt answer him.
What we've seen may be the extent of his current power and its limits, but perhaps if his power eventually changes in some way (I have no idea how/when/if that'll ever happen) we could find that out.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 16:38   Link #236
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

What, people don´t like the OP? How can you not like such a kickass song. Their OP song in Blood+ was good but this one is atleast one notch better.

An amazing episode, and finally things are starting to get troublesome for Lelouch. He´s had it far too easy so far, it´s no fun if he goes cruisin´ through all of Code Geass.

The song played in the end made that scene more "powerful" than what it really was. I liked it but the music surely helped it become more than it was.

And finally Euphie seems to become more directly involved in the show.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 16:49   Link #237
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wouldn't say Lelouch had it easy. His only two decisive victories were against Clovis and the hoteljackers.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 17:01   Link #238
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post

The song played in the end made that scene more "powerful" than what it really was. I liked it but the music surely helped it become more than it was.

And finally Euphie seems to become more directly involved in the show.
The first point. Eh... parting with someone who loved you after you've erased their memories under a chorus of "you're my destiny"... Ok, it makes me feel like Shirley's somehow the final love interest Or at least, she's not out yet, unless some sort of manga says otherwise and they're sticking to it.

Second point... I don't have a problem with that... But that also means that one of humanity's most hated "heroes" will also get more involved, which is bad cause I can't stand him whenever he's on screen.
Old 2007-01-28, 15:15   Link #239
Northy

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
The first point. Eh... parting with someone who loved you after you've erased their memories under a chorus of "you're my destiny"... Ok, it makes me feel like Shirley's somehow the final love interest Or at least, she's not out yet, unless some sort of manga says otherwise and they're sticking to it.

Second point... I don't have a problem with that... But that also means that one of humanity's most hated "heroes" will also get more involved, which is bad cause I can't stand him whenever he's on screen.
Well, i certainly hope shirley is not the final love interest. My vote still go to kallen though. Really wish to see more development into kallen x lulu.. Hehe. hmm, imagine what will happen when kallen found out that lulu is Zero...

About suzaku.. I'm quite curious on what make him so justic crazy, Like some of the post in the forums has said. Lulu did say that there is a big gaping change in Suzaku way of behaviour, compare to his oldself. That aside, Lancelot is a cool mech !!
Old 2007-01-28, 21:57   Link #240
Nainara

12 pages and nobody has suggested an Oogi x Viletta pairing yet?
Nainara is offline   Reply With Quote