AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-17, 12:21   Link #10361
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post

In this story is there really such a thing as 'happily ever after'?
Why not?
Even HS DxD, which has not-the-best-MC, has a good ending even after the MC died once.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-02-17, 12:28   Link #10362
nosaer

Quote:
In the series A Town Where You Live(KNIM) the MC moves from his town all the way to Tokyo, so sometimes title can be irrelevant.
Don't mention that plotless story here too. I'm trying hard to forget about it so I can get out of the habit of reading that work. it hasn't been interesting in ages, and the title is abstract enough to not really matter since the town is unnamed in the title and he's already moved like twice...

I was thinking it could be like the crest of the stars/banner of the stars series where one is like the prelude of the other.
Old 2014-02-17, 12:29   Link #10363
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Why not?
Even HS DxD, which has not-the-best-MC, has a good ending even after the MC died once.
I think a 'bittersweet' ending is possible, but I just don't see a 'happily ever after' ending happening.
what do you think a 'happily ever after' ending would be for this series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Don't mention that plotless story here too. I'm trying hard to forget about it so I can get out of the habit of reading that work. it hasn't been interesting in ages, and the title is abstract enough to not really matter since the town is unnamed in the title and he's already moved like twice...

I was thinking it could be like the crest of the stars/banner of the stars series where one is like the prelude of the other.
OK I'll admit I used a bad example to get my point across, but I do agree with everything you said about it though.
Old 2014-02-17, 12:38   Link #10364
nosaer

Quote:
I think a 'bittersweet' ending is possible, but I just don't see a 'happily ever after' ending happening.
that depends on who you want to be happily ever after. If its Miyuki, then it might be something like marrying Tatsuya and creating the shiba bunch from scratch.

For tats it might be regaining his feelings and freedom (from the yotsuba and the government) lol. those are your typical happy ever after scenarios right?
Old 2014-02-17, 12:42   Link #10365
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Miyuki find out her and her brother arent actually brother and sister, she becomes head of the yotsuba and changes it for her brother to be accepted, and he regains his emotions and marrys her? that said, I just dont see that happening, and plz dont take this post to restart the shipping wars x.x
Old 2014-02-17, 12:44   Link #10366
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
that depends on who you want to be happily ever after. If its Miyuki, then it might be something like marrying Tatsuya and creating the shiba bunch from scratch.

For tats it might be regaining his feelings and freedom (from the yotsuba and the government) lol. those are your typical happy ever after scenarios right?
the tats scenario he'll still be leaving Miyuki, so it'll be bittersweat there, not exactly happy ending
Old 2014-02-17, 12:50   Link #10367
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
the tats scenario hell still be leaving Miyuki, so itll be bittersweat there, not exactly happy ending
well not necessarily since they aren't mutually exclusive, but no ending can make everyone happy which is why I said the ending being a happy one depends on who's perspective you come from. Tats has been the reason for many sad endings in his 12 volumes lol. and it looks like he'll be adding a brand new batch of people to the list come competition time.
Old 2014-02-17, 12:50   Link #10368
Hokoga

Quote:
the tats scenario hell still be leaving Miyuki, so itll be bittersweat there, not exactly happy ending
That's actually the bittersweet ending I was thinking of before nosaer posted it. Except in my scenario Tatsuya also moves the magic community in a new direction apart from being seen as human tools.
Old 2014-02-17, 13:00   Link #10369
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
well not necessarily since they aren't mutually exclusive, but no ending can make everyone happy which is why I said the ending being a happy one depends on who's perspective you come from. Tats has been the reason for many sad endings in his 12 volumes lol. and it looks like he'll be adding a brand new batch of people to the list come competition time.
Exactly why its hard to imagine any "happy endings". Miyuki has been part of his life for awhile, she'll be upset to see him go since she loves him, theres no way tats would be unaffected by that.

Quote:
That's actually the bittersweet ending I was thinking of before nosaer posted it. Except in my scenario Tatsuya also moves the magic community in a new direction apart from being seen as human tools.
I actually think this is how the mahou series will end, with the scenario of tats regaining his stronger emotions, gaining his freedom from the gov and yotsuba, and forwarding the agenda of magicians being something else other then weapons, and leaving his sister.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-17 at 13:34.
Old 2014-02-17, 13:14   Link #10370
nosaer

Well lets consider for a second that Tatsuya hasn't lost his emotions. Him losimg strong emotions isn't the same as losing all emotions, and sometimes I think people forget that. What if instead of regaining his ability to have strong emotions, he instead becomes more able to express his weaker ones. Tats starts off pretty cold and stone faced all the time but is gradually becoming more like a normal person with normal expressions. It may indeed be impossible for him to keep strong emotions since they are turned into data as soon as he feels them, but maybe he'll become more sympathetic through weaker versions of emotions. Having friends is already having a huge influence on his way of thinking. So i see this as a kind of compromise. Think about it why else would Tats be so excited about school that he would directly reject Maya who creates fear in the hearts of many people. most people would love to skip school lol
Old 2014-02-17, 13:29   Link #10371
Hokoga

Quote:
Well lets consider for a second that Tatsuya hasn't lost his emotions. Him losimg strong emotions isn't the same as losing all emotions, and sometimes I think people forget that. What if instead of regaining his ability to have strong emotions, he instead becomes more able to express his weaker ones. Tats starts off pretty cold and stone faced all the time but is gradually becoming more like a normal person with normal expressions. It may indeed be impossible for him to keep strong emotions since they are turned into data as soon as he feels them, but maybe he'll become more sympathetic through weaker versions of emotions.
So are you saying he never lost his stronger emotions, he just temporarily lost the ability to express them?
Quote:
Think about it why else would Tats be so excited about school that he would directly reject Maya who creates fear in the hearts of many people. most people would love to skip school lol
Why should a God have to fear a Demon Lord?
Old 2014-02-17, 13:29   Link #10372
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Well lets consider for a second that Tatsuya hasn't lost his emotions. Him losimg strong emotions isn't the same as losing all emotions, and sometimes I think people forget that. What if instead of regaining his ability to have strong emotions, he instead becomes more able to express his weaker ones. Tats starts off pretty cold and stone faced all the time but is gradually becoming more like a normal person with normal expressions. It may indeed be impossible for him to keep strong emotions since they are turned into data as soon as he feels them, but maybe he'll become more sympathetic through weaker versions of emotions. Having friends is already having a huge influence on his way of thinking. So i see this as a kind of compromise. Think about it why else would Tats be so excited about school that he would directly reject Maya who creates fear in the hearts of many people. most people would love to skip school lol
That works, rather then regaining his strong emotions, learning to be more sympathetic/expressing through weaker emotions.

Quote:
Why should a God have to fear a Demon Lord?:heh
lol'd to that
Old 2014-02-17, 13:55   Link #10373
nosaer

Quote:
So are you saying he never lost his stronger emotions, he just temporarily lost the ability to express them?
Nope. He lost strong emotions, but didn't lose all emotions.

Love for instance is a really strong emotion that Tatsuya can't feel (except for miyuki) but he can like.

He can feel sorrow, but you won't find him crying in despair like a wuss.

So I'm saying Tats will come to understand his weak emotions rather than regain strong ones
Old 2014-02-17, 14:02   Link #10374
millie10468

Quote:
Nope. He lost strong emotions, but didn't lose all emotions.

Love for instance is a really strong emotion that Tatsuya can't feel (except for miyuki) but he can like.

He can feel sorrow, but you won't find him crying in despair like a wuss.

So I'm saying Tats will come to understand his weak emotions rather than regain strong ones
But I thought the Tats right now is one who is in control of his weaker emotions. He understands them, doesn't he? Just because he's capable of feeling his weak emotions doesn't mean he should feel them all the time, right? I mean, when he needed to feel guilty for what happened to Leo, he did to a weaker degree. I feel like he can feel his weaker emotions, he just doesn't feel the need to especially for people unrelated to him.

I don't know if I made any sense

But it might hit an iceberg...
Old 2014-02-17, 14:12   Link #10375
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
But I thought the Tats right now is one who is in control of his weaker emotions. He understands them, doesn't he? Just because he's capable of feeling his weak emotions doesn't mean he should feel them all the time, right? I mean, when he needed to feel guilty for what happened to Leo, he did to a weaker degree. I feel like he can feel his weaker emotions, he just doesn't feel the need to especially for people unrelated to him.

I don't know if I made any sense
Its shows him starting to devlope his emotion towards everyone else, at the start he was, shall we say, more cold and calculating towards other people. Miyuki even took note of this and said it was a good thing that he could feel the regret etc towards anyone else but her. Maybe his weaker emotions became repressed due to his growing up environment? because there certanly devolping right now, its more like before they didnt really impact much on what he did, now they do (to some degree anyway).
Old 2014-02-17, 14:17   Link #10376
nosaer

Quote:
Its shows him starting to devlope his emotion towards everyone else, at the start he was, shall we say, more cold and calculating towards other people. Miyuki even took note of this and said it was a good thing.
exactly. Tats himself isn't even fully aware of his own feelings. a good example is his interaction with Mayumi in ch6 of vol. 12 when she talks about he's changed from when she first met him a year ago. he even admitted in his mind that he didn't fully understand himself
Old 2014-02-17, 14:21   Link #10377
millie10468

Quote:
Its shows him starting to devlope his emotion towards everyone else, at the start he was, shall we say, more cold and calculating towards other people. Miyuki even took note of this and said it was a good thing that he could feel the regret etc towards anyone else but her. Maybe his weaker emotions became repressed due to his growing up environment? because there certanly devolping right now, its more like before they didnt really impact much on what he did, now they do (to some degree anyway).
This makes sense. It's possible under different conditions, his ability to feel weaker emotions would have been a lot more developed. Man, that's a crappy thing to do to a person. I'm not advocating for over-excessive feelings, however, the fact that he couldn't even feel those emotions if he wanted to really sucks balls...

But it might hit an iceberg...
Old 2014-02-17, 14:23   Link #10378
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Whatever the ending, it's got to include world peace.
Old 2014-02-17, 14:23   Link #10379
nosaer

Ultraviolet you keep editing your posts after I quote them lol. But you do raise a good point about his previous environment. I mean if you look at the shiba past arc Everyone around Tatsuya (except for the military guys) treats him like the scum of the earth. his 2 cousins are the only ones who don't but their parents keep them away from tats. At school Tatsuya has a chance to develop friends who help him become a bit less cynical
Old 2014-02-17, 14:30   Link #10380
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Ultraviolet you keep editing your posts after I quote them lol. But you do raise a good point about his previous environment. I mean if you look at the shiba past arc Everyone around Tatsuya (except for the military guys) treats him like the scum of the earth. his 2 cousins are the only ones who don't but their parents keep them away from tats. At school Tatsuya has a chance to develop friends who help him become a bit less cynical
Sorry about that. English is my third language, I usually mix up the words or dont use the correct words/leave out words to explress my thoughts, its usally after the post that i realize the mistakes.

And yea, school is actually a pretty good place for him.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-17 at 15:17.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings