AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-23, 02:30   Link #281
FiREwing

Start Menu > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Administrative > Change System Locale (If it's not already set to Japanese.o_o;; )
Old 2009-01-23, 10:38   Link #282
chronotrig

Also, you should make sure that you've unlocked the hidden tea party.

Check out this post from the translation thread if you haven't already.

EDIT: Never mind, all you need to do to unlock the Hidden Tea Party is to finish the normal Tea Party.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page

Last edited by chronotrig; 2009-01-29 at 21:03. Reason: correction
Old 2009-01-23, 23:04   Link #283
Virgilia-chan

Ah
Well I have it set to Japanese now
^^;
Thank you!
And I can't get to the TIPs character screen with Beato on it
Old 2009-01-28, 22:09   Link #284
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgilia-chan View Post
This is probably a stupid question but...
I downloaded the EP 1 Demo and finished it tonight but I can't seem to get to the first tea party

Is it because it is the demo or what?
Yeah, I got the same problem. (just replace "Vista" with "XP") I tried switching it to Japanese and then playing through from my last save game to the end (several times) but I never saw anything show up on the menu. (and yes, the "advanced" pane of the regional and language options bit is already set to Japanese) Anybody know what's wrong with it?
Old 2009-01-29, 20:56   Link #285
chronotrig

For everyone having trouble with the Tea Party, a fix has been posted in the Translation patch thread.

This issue effects everyone with the EP1 demo version of the patch, so I suggest you go take a look.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-01-29, 21:48   Link #286
Virgilia-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
For everyone having trouble with the Tea Party, a fix has been posted in the Translation patch thread.

This issue effects everyone with the EP1 demo version of the patch, so I suggest you go take a look.
Thank you so much!
Old 2009-01-31, 11:37   Link #287
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Yep, it definitely works now. Thanks a million, you guys.
Old 2009-02-11, 02:43   Link #288
charlieparrot

Please help!!!

I'm trying to get the game up and running but I'm having major problems >.<" I haven't even downloaded the english patch yet cus I wana get the Jap version working 1st. I've never done this before though o_o" (I've downloaded ep4, as it has all the previous eps in it...) Im using Windows XP.

It keeps getting stuck on the exe cus my locale isnt set to Japanese. Well, I tried to set the locale to Jap, but Japanese isnt an option. In the list it just goes straight from I to K. -_-" I've got applocale but it asks me which application I want to apply AppLocale to. I chose what I thought was the Umineko one, and then chose what I thought was Japanese (as the chinese and jap languages showed up as blocks cus my computer wont read the kanji) and it came up with "Your system does not have the language support for the selected language installed!" So then I tried it on every language that was in 'block' or rather, that uses kanji, and the same thing came up with all of them...
This is what came up when I clicked "install files for East Asian languages" under the languages tab:

0.0" What CD? I don't have it...this comp was given to me by a relative wen their company didn't want it anymore, and nothing came with it....

Would downloading some sort of free Japanese language pack work...?

omg please help! I really wana play Umineko! The story sounds great! T.T

(If you reply, please remember I've never done this before, so you might want to "dumb-down" any terminology you use ^^" Thanks a million to anyone that can help )
Old 2009-02-11, 11:02   Link #289
maximilianjenus
[E]

Try geting the service pack 3, it helped me to fix that; though I don't remember if I had to use the windowsxp cd anyway.
Old 2009-02-11, 11:31   Link #290
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

You can also try manually copying the files from the CD to the install directory after the installation gets interrupted in the middle. This trick worked for me before I realised I had to modify my language settings. But that was under Vista so it might not do the trick for you.

Quote:
What CD?
The installation CD of Windows XP.

P.S. DO NOT mention that you have downloaded the game though, unless you want to be banned or at least have your post deleted.

Old 2009-02-11, 12:00   Link #291
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

As for asian language, you can try what I did if you don't have XP CD

Try installing manually the asian language (regional settings, etc, etc...), instead of with XP CD.

Then it will ask you to locate where are the files (it will give a file name)

Type the file name on google, there are some pages that provide these files
Download the file and point at it.
If you are lucky, you can even bump onto some zip-file with all of them packed together.

Then, it will ask for the next file, giving its name.

Repeat the process.

Be patient. It will be a lot of files.

Delete my post if this is against any rule of this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
P.S. DO NOT mention that you have downloaded the game though, unless you want to be banned or at least have your post deleted.
C'mon
I understand to not teach where and how to download games, but this is too much moralism... mention...
Old 2009-02-11, 13:08   Link #292
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like the forum police. On second reading my post came out more as a threat than friendly warning.

Old 2009-02-11, 14:21   Link #293
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Considering that this is the Episode 1 thread, and episode 1 is legitimately available for download, what's the problem?
Old 2009-02-12, 14:49   Link #294
charlieparrot

The game works!!! ^__^

I borrowed my uncle's Windows XP CD, and it worked! ^^ I changed my locale to Japanese and the game installed!

Thanks very much everyone who gave advice on the problem!!

(To be honest, I should have checked if his CD would work before I posted the problem here ^^")
Old 2009-02-13, 11:04   Link #295
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Two things:

First, does anyone remember that Ange was mentioned at the beginning of Ep. 1?

And, is this a reference to Higurashi?

Spoiler for Ep. 1 scene:
Old 2009-02-13, 13:34   Link #296
maximilianjenus
[E]

yes, it is.
Old 2009-02-18, 01:46   Link #297
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
This is strange. I completed both tea parties but there's no music box option?

I have the Ep 4 game and just finished Ep1...
Old 2009-02-18, 01:56   Link #298
Haruyan

I think you have to finish all the episodes that came with your game to open the music box
Old 2009-02-18, 02:04   Link #299
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
In other words, I can't unlock Bernkastel in TIPS until I complete Episode 4?

And, this sounds like a very stupid question, but how do I tell which chapter I'm on? I finished the whole 1st EP without able to tell what chapter I'm on... I'd like to know how much I've progressed sometimes.
Old 2009-02-18, 02:22   Link #300
Haruyan

Different TIPS will be unlocked as you play along, I think Bernkastel's TIPS is unlocked after Episode 2.

I had the same problem telling what chapter I was on, I think you can tell when an elaborate border appears atop and below the screen and the Umineko logo appears. I'm not sure though.

Last edited by Haruyan; 2009-02-18 at 02:33.
Closed Thread