AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 6 7.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 18.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 28.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 14.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.26%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.95%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-16, 13:09   Link #21
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I remembered it was mentioned somewhere that Margery is Scottish. Hair colour is irrelevant in anime in determining one's ethnicity.
Old 2007-11-16, 14:00   Link #22
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well you're wrong. -_-

it's in New York, and in case you missed the empire state building, (a decade too early, but no mistaking it) preview Yuji even said it was in New York.
Wait, when was the Empire State Building built? 1921?
Old 2007-11-16, 14:39   Link #23
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Wait, when was the Empire State Building built? 1921?
construction started in 30 and ended in 31.

still, that building at the end of the preview looked a little bit too much like the Empire State Building to not entertain the idea that the production team wouldn't expect the target audience to know/care about something like that.
Old 2007-11-16, 15:50   Link #24
X10A_Freedom

Funny as hell and I was smiling most of the way! Ike's mood swings are like Shana-tan!

These slice-of-lifers are good by themselves but I wonder what's up with the actual story? Margery's flashback episode is interesting but the lack of progress in current times is quite annoying. Maybe it's tied in with Satou(?) asking about becoming a flame haze? Still, too little progress in the current front.
Old 2007-11-16, 16:35   Link #25
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
Funny as hell and I was smiling most of the way! Ike's mood swings are like Shana-tan!

These slice-of-lifers are good by themselves but I wonder what's up with the actual story? Margery's flashback episode is interesting but the lack of progress in current times is quite annoying. Maybe it's tied in with Satou(?) asking about becoming a flame haze? Still, too little progress in the current front.
Well, this upcoming 2 episode arc does seem like a good opportunity to deal with Satou's desire to aid Margery (which was certainly a growing issue in season 1 with the lifting Blutsauger stuff)

And it's not coming out of nowhere in this season either, since they've been putting in little bits of this subplot for the last few weeks (the ramen eating, the talk about enjoying normal times, asking Shana about becoming a Flame Haze this week). And like the Shana flashback stuff last season, this should be a good chance for some fights and to clear up some other issues here and there.
Old 2007-11-16, 18:06   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep. 8 preview paragraph:

It IS New York.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-17, 08:46   Link #27
Devard

I really liked this episode. There were so many funny parts. The music direction was also very smart and made the scenes even funnier.

Quote:
But Margery isn't Asian... is she?
Well, even if it was in Shanghai, non-Asians can still travel to Shanghai, right?
Old 2007-11-17, 12:06   Link #28
lua thien
Fallen Exile

To think that Konoe could embarass the group by going on the kiddie rides...

Anyone notice that Ogata calls Shana "Shana-chan" instead of Yukari?
Old 2007-11-17, 15:48   Link #29
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
To think that Konoe could embarass the group by going on the kiddie rides...

Anyone notice that Ogata calls Shana "Shana-chan" instead of Yukari?
I do believe that both Yuji and Kazumi have mentioned to the group that Yukari's nickname is Shana.

EDIT: Finally got access to the raw. For the moment where Fumina wants to go on the kiddy ride, I was yelling NO! NO! NO!

Hayato barfing afterwards? You got to be kidding me!

To the Roller Coaster scene... 90 minute wait? It was much more entertaining to see Shana go bungee jumping rather than Hayato having a breakdown. And just watching this episode, Hayato is very uncharacteristic around Kazumi.

In fact, I feel sorry for the roller coaster scene. Hayato stuck on a ride he's scared of in the first place.

At first glance of the "Star Wars" video game, I was half surprised that Matake was the only one surprised Shana got a high score. Then when Alastor began talking, I finally remembered that Keisaku and Eita have already seen Shana take a swing. Of course, cut to the picnic scene, and Yuji's "Exactly what did you do?" expression was priceless. "It's fine. I just played a video game."

Hayato flipping out for a cookie? Are you serious?

"So, exactly how did you become a flame haze?" Keisaku, don't tell me you're thinking of becoming one. Plus, Yuji and the chicken - that's a good spinoff.

Hayato... exactly WHO BARFS RIDING A FERRIS WHEEL?

And are they seriously still playing the Hishoku no Sora song... in season 2?

Actually, check that, I was yelling for the whole episode. This was just hilarious.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2007-11-17 at 17:51.
Old 2007-11-17, 22:30   Link #30
Aquifina

Despite my complete lack of Japanese language skills, I watched the raw out of impatience. I still found big chunks funny--poor Ike seems to have some kind of motion sickness disorder. And Shana playing the video game and winning a prize was amusing. The whole ep. was also so obviously over-the-top and fun; I'm looking forward to the sub.
Old 2007-11-17, 22:32   Link #31
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
Despite my complete lack of Japanese language skills, I watched the raw out of impatience. I still found big chunks funny--poor Ike seems to have some kind of motion sickness disorder. And Shana playing the video game and winning a prize was amusing. The whole ep. was also so obviously over-the-top and fun; I'm looking forward to the sub.
I want to see that prize Shana got. Stuffed neko for the win!
Old 2007-11-18, 01:50   Link #32
kimchipride
Geass User

Ugh... Eclipse is slow this week. No Hayate and Shana is late. Can't blame them though. I want to watch those eps! At least they did Clannad. That's like the top priority for them.
Old 2007-11-18, 02:34   Link #33
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchipride View Post
Ugh... Eclipse is slow this week. No Hayate and Shana is late. Can't blame them though. I want to watch those eps! At least they did Clannad. That's like the top priority for them.
EDIT: It wasn't staff issues. QC checking has produced negative results over Eclipse, and as a result, the episodes are being continually reworked.
Old 2007-11-18, 08:04   Link #34
arkxkra
全力全開

erm, this epsidoe consider a filler ??? I mean, it talk about Ike's plan but most of the "perfect" plan is failed in the end... Ike suitable to become a general ...
Shana is so cool when she playing that game, and break the record as well...

Next episode is memory of Margery, don't know which episode only start some awesome fighting scene...
Old 2007-11-18, 08:40   Link #35
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
erm, this epsidoe consider a filler ??? I mean, it talk about Ike's plan but most of the "perfect" plan is failed in the end... Ike suitable to become a general ...
Shana is so cool when she playing that game, and break the record as well...

Next episode is memory of Margery, don't know which episode only start some awesome fighting scene...
Lately, a LOT of episodes have been fillers.
Old 2007-11-18, 10:22   Link #36
UPR

Quote:
Lately, a LOT of episodes have been fillers.
well unlike ZnT this 24-25 season so it can afford a few fillers at the begining to make the end a whole lot better.

With that said I don't mind these fillers because with the number of ep this has.
Old 2007-11-18, 10:24   Link #37
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
well unlike ZnT this 24-25 season so it can afford a few fillers at the begining to make the end a whole lot better.

With that said I don't mind these fillers because with the number of ep this has.
That's the good thing. The bad thing is that it took 24 episodes to get through 9 novels. How much will they spend going through 9 more?
Old 2007-11-18, 10:29   Link #38
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

The problem might be that there are only 16 novel available for the main story, so they need to slowe the rhythm
Old 2007-11-18, 11:03   Link #39
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
The problem might be that there are only 16 novel available for the main story, so they need to slowe the rhythm
No, it's not that. The actual writer of the novel is also the storywriter for the anime version, so that just cannot be the problem.
Old 2007-11-18, 15:28   Link #40
Lilprid
Burn burn burn ^^

Are you watching the raw?
Closed Thread