AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-05, 08:44   Link #101
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

So, I just watched the first episode out of curiosity. I mean, it's directed by Yamakan and his merry band of ex-KyoAni colleagues after all, so I figured why not?

And....I have no idea what's going on, but it seems pretty interesting. I'll follow this for now and see how good it gets. ^_^
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 08:56   Link #102
TrueKnight

Hmm subs out...surprisingly fast... downloading.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 09:03   Link #103
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
So, I just watched the first episode out of curiosity. I mean, it's directed by Yamakan and his merry band of ex-KyoAni colleagues after all, so I figured why not?

And....I have no idea what's going on, but it seems pretty interesting. I'll follow this for now and see how good it gets. ^_^
If you're impatient, you can check out the manga.

It's a rather charming story.

Cheers.
Old 2008-10-05, 10:11   Link #104
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjo View Post
do i even dare grab it even know its under Aniplex works -.-
Well there are other ways of getting it....
Old 2008-10-05, 11:05   Link #105
Ultenth

I was actually very pleasently surprised by this show. The premise seemed pretty oridinary and formulaic, but I really really liked the characters. Both the seiyuu's do great work, I always liked Shimono Hiro ever since Rah Xephon, and it seems that Tomatsu Haruka is the newest craze female seiyuu, as she's got a ton of roles recently, and an absolute deluge coming up. She's in the new Shina Dark, Asu no Yoichi, Gundam 00 S2, and Yozakura Quartet, while still doing work in Zettai Karen Children and just finishing up doing Lala in To LoveRu and a couple chars in Kyōran Kazoku Nikki. I really liked her as Nagi in this, and with the old school speech I kept having flashbacks of Horo from Ookami to Koshinryo, which is a good thing to me.

I laughed quite a bit, and her personality seems really great, including her cute seeming obsession with bad puns. I think this could be one of the best shows of this season if it keeps up what they started in the first episode and don't mess it up somewhere. Nothing else so far from what I've watched has made me laugh this much and actually want to rewatch the episode.

Last edited by Ultenth; 2008-10-05 at 11:18.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 12:03   Link #106
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno why, but I keep replaying Tsugumi's phone call scene again and again. Either I really love Sawashiro's voice, or I am really desperate for Tsugumi's entrance. Most probably both.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 14:23   Link #107
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I enjoyed it...probably not as fanboy as Serenade but I still enjoyed it.

I can't remember, but I swear that the whole "Jin thinking perverted things" wasn't in the manga. But whatever, this part of the episode actually worked

Nagi's voice actor Haruka Tomatsu was just perfect for the role. I completely love the accent and ancient like speech, fitting for a tree goddess.

Then there is the slapstick humor and such. I think this is shaping out to be a great series if it follows on from the manga closely.
The OP also caught my attention as being weird...but in a good way! Nagi the pop idol

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:33   Link #108
Hedd
Random Object

While the premise isn't exactly original (Oinari-sama using the same premise just a season ago) I'm oddly enamoured with the characters and the character movement. The animation itself is very smooth and lifelike while Nagi's obsession with odd puns are spark my curiosity. I'll probably watch it unless it becomes ridiculous at some point.
Old 2008-10-05, 17:33   Link #109
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just love the comedy in this show. It's all been done before, though it makes me laugh quite a bit --- together with Nagi being ultra adorable, and we have a first episode Shiro enjoyed a lot.
Old 2008-10-05, 17:50   Link #110
Edgewalker
Nani ?

That was hilarious. This fall season is shaping up to be pretty good.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 18:26   Link #111
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

another comedy? c'mon I already have Toradora and Hyakko for comedy and Clannad:AS for Dramedy

*sigh* too many anime are coming out
Red Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 19:00   Link #112
TrueKnight

Nagi's speech reminded me of Horo. Anyway decent first ep and good production quality. The comedy is nice and all with subtle fanservice. I read the manga sometimes back and it didn't quite leave the 'wow' impression on me but the anime completely nail it. This is one the secondary series I will be following, while the primary ones are 00, Abyss and Casshern.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 20:45   Link #113
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Nagi's speech reminded me of Horo. Anyway decent first ep and good production quality. The comedy is nice and all with subtle fanservice. I read the manga sometimes back and it didn't quite leave the 'wow' impression on me but the anime completely nail it. This is one the secondary series I will be following, while the primary ones are 00, Abyss and Casshern.
Really enjoy that kind of speech. Pretty fun first episode overall. Good laughs along the way and feel this will be a good one to follow. Can't wait to see how Jin explains the statue going missing. Since clearly the truth may not be believed so easily .

Will definitely be sticking with this one.
Old 2008-10-05, 20:54   Link #114
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Excellent animation. Probably the most visually stunning show of the season.
hahahahaha

what?

While I found it to be enjoyable, "Visually Stunning" is NOT what I would call Kannagi's animation.
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:08   Link #115
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Hmm, while I wouldn't go as far as to call it "stunning", Kannagi is definitely one of the top best animated series this season. In my opinion.

This is really looking like a great season... I can't remember the last one where I pretty much had at least one series to watch each day of the week! This will be keeping me happy amongst all the bad luck I seem to be catching these days ^^;;

I also read some of the manga a while back, and of course just a little while after the anime was announced. Happens to me all the time... (same with Skip Beat of this season) I really enjoyed the manga, so it's nice they still kept the same feel even though they added some extra (unneeded) perviness to Jin. Nagi is obviously love, Tomatsu Haruka is an amazing new star, and I can't wait to see the rest of the cast on screen. Sawashiro Miyuki sounded awesome over the phone already!

Rasuberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:18   Link #116
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I found this episode very enjoyable, especially with the OP. For some reason the song from the OP reminded me of something but I couldn't put my hands on it and still can't. I'll probably be following this anime to see how it turns on.

also for the manga is it still under the name Kannagi or under a different name?
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 22:59   Link #117
Echoes

This was simply fantastic! Just thoroughly enjoyable, and Nagi seems like a character truly worthy of worship. I really like Oinari-sama as well, Gods just make great characters, apparently.

I find the art-style very nice as well. I hope I'm not getting my hopes up way too high for this series, but darn if I didn't enjoy the heck out of the first episode.
Old 2008-10-05, 23:06   Link #118
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

>_< ,tomatsu haruka is *outstanding* as nagi
there aren't enough emoticons to express my
kannagi easily takes the spot of my fave show this season
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 23:35   Link #119
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Fairly entertaining beginning. I'm going to keep going on with this show, though the premise is ridiculous as many animes often are (Which is fun anyways).
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 00:09   Link #120
JediNight
キズランダム

Kannagi is much superior to Oinari IMHO. Oinari ends up being very episodic and tons of generic cliche stuff happens. The young miko girl that was klutzy was the only redeeming factor to it ;D
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen