AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 59 37.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 32.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 16.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 8.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-26, 12:49   Link #161
b0nyb0y

I bet tons of ppl out there are soooo dying to be that body pillow now...

But yeah, quite a cute moment, no doubt. The pic will sell like hot cakes if it's to appear at the school festival. They'll definitely have no financial problem for quite a while after making such a profit.
Old 2009-04-26, 12:55   Link #162
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Even at an all girls school?
Old 2009-04-26, 13:09   Link #163
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Watched it. Loved it. 10/10 from me

But I'm so tired now so i gonna make it short:

The episode is great. We see some characters background (Mugi mostly), more of each members personality, their worries, their anxious, their hopes and dreams.

It will be a lie if i say that Mio's moeness didn't steal the show for me (i will rant more about it tomorrow when i have time) but looking at the situation from her POV, see her thoughts from endless worrying to seeing a hoping light in her dream, is a magnificent experience.
The most impressive moment would be when she wrote those few words into the board

@Itheko: even in an all girl school!!
Seriously from what i heard, it's normal even in an all girl school

Edit: About the argument, It's not only in anime, It's also in real life. Same things happens but people experience and learn from such event differently. Even a short trip to the nearby supermarket can be a boring errant, or a once-in-a-life-time experience. You can't expect everyone who watched the show have to have the same thoughts with you
Old 2009-04-26, 13:13   Link #164
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Even at an all girls school?
Especially at an all girls school.
Old 2009-04-26, 13:37   Link #165
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Especially at an all girls school.
I sense yuri vibes incoming.
Old 2009-04-26, 13:44   Link #166
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keio View Post
I sense win yuri vibes incoming.
Fixed for accuracy.
Old 2009-04-26, 13:49   Link #167
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Fixed for accuracy.
MugiXMio all the way!!
Old 2009-04-26, 13:55   Link #168
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Fixed for accuracy.
Thanks. I've been missing my yuri fix since Maria+Holic ended.

Yuri makes any show, be it anime or live, 10x more awesome as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
MugiXMio all the way!!
Why pick pairs when all four of them can mix it up?

EDIT: Forgot to add, there's Ui, Megane-san (forgot her name) and the teacher. Heh.
Old 2009-04-26, 14:06   Link #169
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keio View Post
Why pick pairs when all four of them can mix it up?
Because the truth was revealed to me seeing episode 4 ()... just watch that moment between Mio and Mugi when Mugi plays the tape of the previous Light Music Club.

MioXMugi
RicchanXYui
Old 2009-04-26, 14:42   Link #170
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Because the truth was revealed to me seeing episode 4 ()... just watch that moment between Mio and Mugi when Mugi plays the tape of the previous Light Music Club.

MioXMugi
RicchanXYui
exactly, they are always sitting beside their other half

we have the long haired girrls on one side with the short haired on the other.

Mu-chan is always there to support Mio-chan, while Yui see Ritsu as someone like herself, its perfect pairing

ahhh I can't wait for next ep gonna be awesome!!!!!
Old 2009-04-26, 17:24   Link #171
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchips View Post
Nice to see K-On is starting to pick up the pace a little, both with plot and character development.
Who...what...where HUUUUUUUUH?! Where are you seeing anything like this?
Old 2009-04-26, 20:02   Link #172
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Well, 4 episodes in, and I'm enjoying it, but not as much as I thought it was, for one aspect...Normally, I don't do "slice of life" stuff since it's usually too boring to hold my personal interests, but I made an exception this time around because it had to do with music...And while it's a recurring theme (Though for all practical purposes not the main theme), the music aspect struggles against itself...Every now and then when it pops it's head, I can forgive any shortcomings and allow myself to relax after forcing myself...

But that still doesn't mean my attention didn't wane at times throughout the episode...

It still had some things to catch my particular attention:

-An Ozzy Osbourne book in the old Light Music Club box (That's not light music!)
-Yui has the potential to become a natural virtuoso (And the rest of the band will have to do things the old-fashioned way through practice )
-Mio waking up Yui and Ritsu with her bass (Something I used to do to my cousin when he would spend the night with me)
-Mio playing a Fender bass/Peavey amp setup (I had a personal orgasm because that's my preferred bass setup)
-Fanservice (Cheap trick!)

Well, nothing ever really happens in the beginning of a series anyway...Shit just drags on, it picks up in the middle, and continues rolling until the end...But that's such a long way...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-04-26, 20:12   Link #173
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I liked this episode too. It reeked a little bit of anime cliches (going to the beach, rich ojou-sama type character, breaking watermelon, maid-moe, one girl has big boobs, I think Mugi's swimsuit is the same as Miyuki's from Lucky Star, etc.) but this show is still fun enough to keep me distracted.
I kind of wish they focused more on the music, well, because, the show is ABOUT MUSIC. I feel like the plot keeps getting distracted.
But really, seeing Yui and and Ricchan rolling around on the floor kind of made the episode for me <3
Old 2009-04-26, 20:44   Link #174
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Well I don't wanna step on anyone's toes,
Spoiler for truly personal opinion, only read it, if you are aware I'm not trying to flame:

Again, I apologize, most likely everyone here disagrees with me, but I had entirely different expectations regarding K-ON. Most probably it's my fault I had the wrong initial impression, so please don't take my "rant" personally.
This man brings up very very good points. If I weren't so easily entertained and into the "lazy" genre of anime I would just be like this guy.

Though I have to make a point in saying I think a bit more is going on than he says. Just enough to keep me on the edge and hoping the series will improve.

The lack of moe (as far as I can tell, I'm sure there will be a few moments that the moe-heads will drool over no matter what in each episode) and possible extreme story progression in the next episode seems promising.
Old 2009-04-26, 20:49   Link #175
Ushio
Rise and Fall.

Haha, I love the excuse to go to the beach. Training. Fanserviceeee.

This anime makes no sense but it's about cute high school girls making music so it's definitely something I'd like. >o>.
Old 2009-04-26, 21:00   Link #176
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Mio's complaint of "We came here to practice, not to have fun" almost parallels some of the audiences' complaint of "We watch this for the music, not for the moe"...If I could spin Mio's words right round like a record baby, it would almost sound like a subtle internal jab at the series itself, stopping short of going explicit and breaking the 4th wall with the audience...

Conspiracy time!

...or not...But just as much...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-04-26, 21:40   Link #177
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Haha never thought of it that way. Nice observation.
Old 2009-04-26, 22:52   Link #178
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Mio's complaint of "We came here to practice, not to have fun" almost parallels some of the audiences' complaint of "We watch this for the music, not for the moe"...If I could spin Mio's words right round like a record baby, it would almost sound like a subtle internal jab at the series itself, stopping short of going explicit and breaking the 4th wall with the audience...
That sounds as logical as watching Hidamari Sketch or Sketchbook full colors because you are looking forward to the art work an art club and a art oriented high school are supposed to produce.

aka: it just doesn't work that way.
Old 2009-04-26, 22:57   Link #179
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

No one does that, but in Hidamari sketch, a huge part of it is the art work and the drawing aspect, at least compared to what you see of the the band aspect of this show.

Like you don't watch Spinal Tap to hear good music (even though there are good songs in it) but to see the humorous interactions of the band members on a tour discussing their music and the like. Obviously K-On isn't in the style of Spinal Tap, but a lot of people do expect the music element of the show to be larger than it has show itself to be so far, and more of the humor and such centered around it etc.
Old 2009-04-26, 23:09   Link #180
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Well, first off, my spin on Mio's words were pure sarcasm, hardly able to be taken seriously, unless you really are a conspirasist that reads into mundane stuff as something deeper and out in the left field...

Honestly, now that I've had a debate against myself, I really couldn't give a shit if the show were as dedicated to music as a concert DVD or as waning as Bret Michaels's career...It's entertaining, and if it weren't for the recurring theme of music and a band, I wouldn't have even bothered with the show in the first place...

The Spinal Tap analogy actually does work, even if maybe not so specific to Spinal Tap; Mockumentaries don't count, especially one on Spinal Tap... But band documentaries do, and K-On! is almost like a documentary on the Light Music Club...Obviously, even the best and dedicated musician doesn't literally eat, sleep, and shit music, and that can be seen in any band documentary since even they have lives that include the mundane between gigs, practice, and recording...

The show would become extremely repetitive and boring if it focused just on the music and never on any of the random nuances of life...And when it does cut to the music aspect? It's your treat...

People complain more than they can be entertained...

Until then, enjoy your random bouts of...stuff...
Closed Thread