AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-10-25, 11:13   Link #1
Lonestar9

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonestar9
Windows 7/Xbox 360 and MKV

I was very pleasantly surprised when I stumbled upon being able to play .MKV files via my Xbox 360 after upgrading to Windows 7. I have a new pc, so I didn't notice any slowdowns on the files I tried, even some blu ray rips. However, does anyone know if there's any way to make the subtitles show up? That's a big bummer, as I can count on my hands the number of Japanese words I know.
Old 2009-10-25, 16:22   Link #2
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I don't know about Win7 but I was able to play MKV files on my X360 with Vista also by using TVersity. It needed some tweaking, but i was able to get subtitles showing too.

You can probably find plenty of tutorials for it from google by searching for TVersity and X360. ( That is, if TVersity works on Win7 )
Old 2009-10-27, 07:17   Link #3
Lonestar9

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonestar9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I don't know about Win7 but I was able to play MKV files on my X360 with Vista also by using TVersity. It needed some tweaking, but i was able to get subtitles showing too.

You can probably find plenty of tutorials for it from google by searching for TVersity and X360. ( That is, if TVersity works on Win7 )
Thanks for the info. I couldn't get the subtitles to load via TVersity, but I had a lot of success with PS3 media server, despite not having a PS3. It's worked with about 90% of the files I tried...so not perfect, but very much a happy thing, and now I can watch those files on my TV rather than my pc.
Old 2009-11-28, 04:27   Link #4
BradF
Evac
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar9 View Post
Thanks for the info. I couldn't get the subtitles to load via TVersity, but I had a lot of success with PS3 media server, despite not having a PS3. It's worked with about 90% of the files I tried...so not perfect, but very much a happy thing, and now I can watch those files on my TV rather than my pc.
+1 PS3 Media Player, this thing is a Gem that people need to use. 720/1080P no problem as long as your comp is half decent. More or less any core 2 should be fine.

I use my laptop to stream my recently downloaded anime to my ps3.