AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-11, 01:10   Link #1381
molitar

Ok I think we got a big clue why the Empire and Royal family is after the ghost ship in this episode. Princess Gruier access worked on the sensors that is older than she is.. in other words before she was born. If it works one way than it most likely works the other direction also.

So if this really is a colony ship think of what this could mean. How old is this colony ship? How many generations might have passed while this ship was traveling but I imagine at least some of the Royal family was probably a part of the original colonization meaning there access would still be able to access the Royal archives. Everything they have learned and developed in the hands of a lesser civilization could be quite disastrous. This maybe enough of a threat that they might just want to make sure the ship does not reach it's intended destination.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 01:21   Link #1382
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Oh Chiaki,you can take everything you want,my gold,money,my heart,my soul,anything!
"Your parfait!"
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 01:25   Link #1383
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Ahahaha, Chiaki-chan opens the episode, man this needs to happen more often

But,

This guy needs better news outlets. Has he not heard of the great Chiaki-chan?!? Sure she's just a trainee, but let this piracy incident sear into their brains the awesome laugh of Chiaki-chan!
And don't Kuurie and the Doc count as pirates?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 01:27   Link #1384
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Doesn't seem like they go out raiding in public.
Old 2012-03-11, 01:28   Link #1385
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
"Your parfait!"
Curse be to the man who actually denies Chiaki her parfait. 44

===

Anyways, about the supposed "Ghost Ship".

Judging from the preview. I'll buy into the cloaking technology or stealth tech. which would allow such a vessel to disguise itself out in deep space. So, it is a hidden ship, rather than a lost one.

However, I am very much refusing to buy into the 200-year old ship concept. Quite frankly, we're seeing an impending match between two Selenity princesses. If one of 'em happens to be on the Ghost Ship, that means (a) the Royal Family knew where the Ghost Ship was all along and (b) it is not as old as it is claimed to be, because of its location.

If anyone has read the novels, clear some of this speculation up.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 01:40   Link #1386
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
If anyone has read the novels, clear some of this speculation up.
Have some patience. It'll undoubtedly be explained eventually in the show.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 02:02   Link #1387
Random Wanderer

Ah, upon rewatch I saw that the Bentenmaru scattered chaff behind themselves when they fled after hitting the two Corbacks. I didn't catch it clearly the first time, and wasn't sure what caused the crazy refraction/reflection of the enemies' shots.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 02:12   Link #1388
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I seriously LOL'd at captain Chiaki. She's more fit for the job (at least the theatrics) than Marika.
Old 2012-03-11, 02:13   Link #1389
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I saw a lot of similarities between the Bentenmaru and the Millennium Falcon during the head-on engagement with the Corbacks.

Endless "Never tell me the odds" Soul
Old 2012-03-11, 02:15   Link #1390
Kyuu
=^^=

And Marika as Han Solo? I dunno how to take that.
Old 2012-03-11, 02:35   Link #1391
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well she could be smuggling a princess.
Old 2012-03-11, 02:43   Link #1392
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Pretty much any outgunned ship with a good captain would've done Marika's stunt.

And whoever said there was only 1 copy of Princess Serenity, at any one time, at any age?
Old 2012-03-11, 02:45   Link #1393
justpassingby

I dont have the book with me now, so I'll just answer with what I remember

Spoiler for What I remember:

I mentioned this earlier in this thread (before it even reached pg 10) , that the books are light hearted and not to be taken seriously like LOGH novels. The anime omitted some funny scenes and replaced them with others. The scene where Chiaki was cosplaying Marika while her father and his crews watched her was funny. Marika even ends two books with her trademark "Eeeeeh!?"

For me, the best episode was ep 5, as it is the closest to the novels as compared to other episodes.
2ch posters also speculate ep 13 to be anime original, as Ririka did said to Marika to invite Gruelle to their house. Here hoping some of the things that have been omitted will be explained.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-03-11 at 03:34. Reason: whoops, means to read as chi, not ra :P
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 03:47   Link #1394
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Episode 10 was epic because of Pirate Captain Chiaki!
Chiaki is so fabulously hammy!

Also we learn a bit more about Greulle as well.

Next week, the Bentenmaru and Greulle faces off with her sister Grunhilde.

PS: Finally found the concert footage of Marty Friedman performing at Momoiro Clover Z's concert. Let's just say, epic guitar solo is epic! Skip the video to 12:49 to watch that clip.

Old 2012-03-11, 06:22   Link #1395
Kyuu
=^^=

Gesundheit!!

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-11, 06:30   Link #1396
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Or maybe Marika offered to split the spoils 50-50 with them. Let's not forget this expedition carried a lot of risks, the prospect of getting that much money simply by performing their "regular" job must be attractive. Then again, they are pirates, so I doubt danger bothers them...

Or perhaps Gruier simply offered them a better reward than whoever enlisted their assistance first did.
If i m not mistaken, Chiaki told Marika that they were offered the job but didn't state whether her father accept the job or not. From this episode, i think it's easy to say that they didn't and is colaborating with Gruier on their search for the golden ship.

Assuming Barbarossa have the same history as Bentenmaru during the war, wouldn't be surprised for them to cooperate with each other again.

I wonder if we ll ever see any other pirates that are like Barbarossa and Bentenmaru.
Old 2012-03-11, 06:44   Link #1397
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hell yeah Marty!

And I'm sure the Babarossa would be just cruising along with the plan, totally not thinking of overtaking Ben10maru and snagging the prize just as they obtain it, ever. That's totally not going to happen, eh, even though they are pirates?
Old 2012-03-11, 07:28   Link #1398
Mercurius.H
King of Hg

Marika sets a role model for quality protagonist: clever, determined, diligent, affectionate yet not emotional. Frankly she overshades vast majority of chuu-ni male protagonists these days.

And you gotta love how this anime handles foreshadowing:
Spoiler for ep10:

Bad examples? Watch Guilty XXXXX.

I have discovered a truly remarkable signature which this margin is too small to contain.
Mercurius.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 07:40   Link #1399
X10A_Freedom

Chiaki was pure win! I also like how they take battles seriously in this series. It's very refreshing to see a change from the usual Gundam/Macross laser beam emo battles.

I had a good look at the seiyuu cast list for the first time after HanaKana's antics this week and it threw up lots of surprises. Horie Yui(!) as Coorie? Haruka Tomatsu (Nagi/Kannagi) as Gruier? Itou Shizuka (Hina-chan daaaaisuki!) as Misa? Lynn's voice is fairly generic but I didn't expect it to be Hikasa Yoko.

Eagerly waiting for next week and more bodacious LEGS?
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 08:58   Link #1400
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
I mentioned this earlier in this thread (before it even reached pg 10) , that the books are light hearted and not to be taken seriously like LOGH novels. The anime omitted some funny scenes and replaced them with others. The scene where Chiaki was cosplaying Marika while her father and his crews watched her was funny. Marika even ends two books with her trademark "Eeeeeh!?"

For me, the best episode was ep 5, as it is the closest to the novels as compared to other episodes.
2ch posters also speculate ep 13 to be anime original, as Ririka did said to Marika to invite Gruelle to their house. Here hoping some of the things that have been omitted will be explained.
LOLWUT?

After building up and explaining the technology and how everything works, I thought there would be some awesome battles, but now there is no tension since everything is gonna be fine for everyone?!

Well, at least the battles are still very well done and interesting, as shown in this episode. Marika was awesome this week xD

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-03-11 at 09:23.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri