AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-11, 07:31   Link #281
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Tomoe's carefree and unrestrained laughter. Oh, such joy to listen to!

They are taking tids and bits from the manga and compiling them into the latest episode. Oh well.............

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 07:40   Link #282
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post

That it is, Genji. That it is.
You post a ugly one... I meant in the opening song
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 17:26   Link #283
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Dat tongue. I thought he was starving, like a hungry puppy
He looked like Derpy Pony to me
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 17:33   Link #284
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Watching the episode again, I don't like how they keep dragging Yukiji into the anime. Like PreSage mentioned, Yukiji and the whole thing about Tomoe's black stripes belong to a major arc (it's actually the current manga arc). They should have focused more on the god festival (which is the focus of next week's episode)

Oh btw, I wonder why Mizuki doesn't bother unleashing a few tricks onto those scary women, but him cowering in fear is really cute!

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-12-12 at 20:04.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 19:55   Link #285
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Episode 11

This show is just so delightful. It's impossible not to root for Nanami and Tomoe as a couple.

Was the girl at the party speaking with a Kansai accent? They dropped all the "g's" from the ends of her words in the translation. I thought she was pretty cute, and Misuki missed out on a golden opportunity to commune with a human. Do you suppose she told anyone about his departure? I had to laugh when he sees Tokyo enveloped in a dark haze and thinks back to the Edo period.

Does anyone believe Tomoe bought the hairpin in the contemporary period?

I got sent to Hulu when I watched it and saw an ad for Jack Daniels right after the discussion of Misuki's saki. Seemed appropriate except for the fact that it's a shoujo story for young ladies who are generally not yet old enough to drink!

Probably my favorite scene in this episode:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'm more like Tomoe when it comes to roller coasters, but my daughter definitely takes after Nanami! And those earmuffs! Priceless!

By the way, Google translates "hajimemashita" to 始めました in characters and "started" in English. That doesn't make sense. Can anyone else suggest a better translation?

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-12-12 at 20:29.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 20:48   Link #286
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Was the girl at the party speaking with a Kansai accent?
You mean the girl who helped Mizuki after he collapse after drinking some red wine? I guess she has a little Kansai accent (I could be wrong). Though she sounds like Rie Kugimiya (perhaps she is) who's born in Osaka.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 21:23   Link #287
Kakkou
Tch.

Finally caught up to ep10 and I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying this. Out of the three shoujo shows this season I like the pairing here the most (though I'm quite far behind on Sukitte so I can't really say). The comedy is great too, 4th wall jokes are always appreciated. The art style may not really be my liking but everything else makes up for it (and I've gotten used to it anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
By the way, Google translates "hajimemashita" to 始めました in characters and "started" in English. That doesn't make sense. Can anyone else suggest a better translation?
That is what hajimemashita means. The Japanese title literally means "(I) started being a God" or "(I) became a God".
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 21:43   Link #288
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
That is what hajimemashita means. The Japanese title literally means "(I) started being a God" or "(I) became a God".
Ah, that makes sense. It's the absence of those connective words that makes a literal translation unclear.

I figured it didn't have anything to do with kissing despite the official English translation! The first time I heard the word for "kiss" was in, of all things, the Scottish film Local Hero, where one of the guys is a linguist and speaks Japanese to impress a young lady.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 22:11   Link #289
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Watching the episode again, I don't like how they keep dragging Yukiji into the anime. Like PreSage mentioned, Yukiji and the whole thing about Tomoe's black stripes belong to a major arc (it's actually the current manga arc).
I think the anime intends for Tomoe's and Nanami's relationship in the end as really open-ended in that we don't know for sure if Tomoe will ever return her feelings because he loves someone else but Nanami will be content just to be by his side...kind of ending (which sucks ).

This way they can still stick in a 2nd season if they want to...(yes, I'm still hanging far out on a limb for this to be true. OTL)

Quote:
Then how in the world did they come up with Kamisama Kiss as the English title?!

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 22:29   Link #290
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Then how in the world did they come up with Kamisama Kiss as the English title?!
Maybe from the kiss Nanami gives Tomoe to become her familiar? But more likely because it makes it sound like a shoujo anime.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 22:36   Link #291
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I think the anime intends for Tomoe's and Nanami's relationship in the end as really open-ended in that we don't know for sure if Tomoe will ever return her feelings because he loves someone else but Nanami will be content just to be by his side...kind of ending (which sucks ).

This way they can still stick in a 2nd season if they want to...(yes, I'm still hanging far out on a limb for this to be true. OTL)
I think that is the worst scenario ever. A hanging ending.. The anime had wasted a lot of episode instead of focusing for the romantic progress of the two. Hope no second season.. unless another girl comes.. but I will still be complaining...
Old 2012-12-12, 22:40   Link #292
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
English licensors (well, overseas licensors in general) changing titles to whatever they find more marketable in their country is pretty common, though admittedly Kamisama Kiss is a weird choice. At least it doesn't get any worse than being renamed from Asu no Yoichi (Tomorrow's Yoichi) to Samurai Harem.
Old 2012-12-12, 23:09   Link #293
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Watching the episode again, I don't like how they keep dragging Yukiji into the anime. Like PreSage mentioned, Yukiji and the whole thing about Tomoe's black stripes belong to a major arc (it's actually the current manga arc). They should have focused more on the god festival (which is the focus of next week's episode)
I do wonder, it seemed like in the latest episode that he genuinely didn't know about Yukiji and I wonder if removing the black stripes removed his memory of her. Honestly I wouldn't have even thought anything of it except for how oddly placed that scene is and, especially if it's from a very different place in the series, that's the only reason I can think of for adding it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Maybe from the kiss Nanami gives Tomoe to become her familiar? But more likely because it makes it sound like a shoujo anime.
That would make sense; also, from what I've heard it's the Japanese producers who often come up with the weird English translations (see Blast of Tempest which makes no goddamn sense) and after seeing the literal English one I'm not sure if there are any really better versions out there.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 23:25   Link #294
mistress_kisara

Quote:
English licensors (well, overseas licensors in general) changing titles to whatever they find more marketable in their country is pretty common, though admittedly Kamisama Kiss is a weird choice. At least it doesn't get any worse than being renamed from Asu no Yoichi (Tomorrow's Yoichi) to Samurai Harem.
It's definitely better than "My Little Monster"
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:14   Link #295
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Well, subbers has a better translation, God, It Has Already Started.. it make sense if they translated it right that is..

That said... what another unique ending this is.. who are those girls doing tea drinking dance..
Old 2012-12-13, 00:21   Link #296
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Hope no second season.. unless another girl comes.. but I will still be complaining...
Manga part removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I do wonder, it seemed like in the latest episode that he genuinely didn't know about Yukiji and I wonder if removing the black stripes removed his memory of her. Honestly I wouldn't have even thought anything of it except for how oddly placed that scene is and, especially if it's from a very different place in the series, that's the only reason I can think of for adding it in.
The black stripes represent the curse that was killing him, so Mikage said he will erase all of Tomoe's memories that led to that curse in order to save him (ep10), which ulitmately means erasing the focal point of that curse...Tomoe's beloved Yukiji. So yeah, I think he genuinely forgot her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
It's definitely better than "My Little Monster"
I thought that was close to the literal translation? What's the literal translation for that series then?

Quote:
At least it doesn't get any worse than being renamed from Asu no Yoichi (Tomorrow's Yoichi) to Samurai Harem.
I haven't seen that series but based on what you posted, that one is so far out there.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2012-12-13 at 10:42.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:47   Link #297
mistress_kisara

Quote:
I thought that was close to the literal translation? What's the literal translation for that series then?
It should be The Monster Next to Me or My Neighbor's a Monster :P
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 01:32   Link #298
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
It should be The Monster Next to Me or My Neighbor's a Monster :P
Even "My classmate is a Monster" would be more accurate than "My little Monster".

I do wish this series has better than expected disc sales and/or the manga gets extra sales overseas so we might get a second season.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 02:29   Link #299
Kakkou
Tch.

In other news, now you too may have your very own shrine familiar waiting for you in bed.

Old 2012-12-13, 04:10   Link #300
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nanami can be surprisingly fashionable
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shoujo, supernatural