AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-01, 10:48   Link #31741
greedyspectator

@Demi:
What do you mean?
Old 2012-06-01, 10:49   Link #31742
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ greedy
Deep psychological thriller is not my zone, so sorry, can't comment. I prefer less complicated gray and gray hypocrisy.

@ Demi
You just read whatever the hell Tatenashi write when Ichika slap her advance away (hey, even she has pride!)

@ Eras
The threat level is the chance of they do something harmful to you in case you done wrong. Notice Saruyama's 'considerably high' threat doesn't mean he will rape anything female, Ichika by no means is not inept either, it's just a matter of risk comparison. Not listed: Actual difficulty, of which Ichika get THE highest score. (harder than hard)
Old 2012-06-01, 10:52   Link #31743
Eratas123

Look at Accelerator for a sympathetic mass murderer.

@ Senpai - I wonder how high the To love ru principal is on that list.
Old 2012-06-01, 10:54   Link #31744
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@greedy: Something that compels him to keep killing even though that's probably not going to achieve anything.

@zero: so she gave the whole student body a hitli-- I mean the names of the only males within the walls of the school?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 11:05   Link #31745
greedyspectator

@Demi
Well, my established motive for him is that he wants to feel remorse. So, he'll keep killing and committing mass murder until he feels remorse. There are several 'shades' of psychopathy. Psychopaths range from zero empathy to primitive empathy. In a range of 1 for zero empathy, and 10 for primitive empathy, Lukasz is about 1.1...
Old 2012-06-01, 11:11   Link #31746
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Something utterly random...

Houki: What? Why am I roomed with you?

guy: Uh I don't know. I don't assign these rooms lady, I just follow'em. Heck I didn't even know I was gonna have a flatmate.

Houki: This! This! This is unacceptable!

guy: I didn't ask for this you know. Maybe we could file a comp- Uh... what why are you taking out that shinai? HOLY CRAP LADY! You could've killed me!

Houki: Ehehehe, you've got good reflexes. Definitely those of a pervert, honed through years of dodging slighted maidens.

guy: Um what?

Houki: Don't deny it! I won't let you sully this pure maiden's body!

guy: Hey, seeing you come out of the shower was an accident! And besides, it isn't like you've got anything I haven't seen before.

Houki: You scoundrel!

guy: oh crap! Hey! Head's fair game but not the little man!

Houki: Crass foul-mouthed neanderthal!

guy: You're wrecking the room!

Houki: I will make sure that none will carry your evil genes.

guy: I'm pretty sure that even if you get away with murder. The blood stains will be a bitch to get out of the carpet. So let me live yeah?

------------------------------------

@greedy: someone once told him that if he does something bad, he'd feel remorse. Someone close to him died, indirectly by his actions. He knows that someone is someone he should mourn for and he was accused of not feeling any form of guilt. He reasoned that maybe if he did more heinous things, he'd feel this so-called remorse.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:14   Link #31747
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Not listed because he was too much for my taste. Probably in jail, or in Sainan molesting student around.

As I said, I was trying to tone down the batshit insanity while keeping the characters LARGELY intact. As in, I made changes if I think it won't damage the overall integrity too much.

Everyone has their own plot, even friggin Motemitsu, though his plot are related to Tatenashi's somewhat. May of the arcs usually not cover only one character, instead it cover two or three people simultaneously with different kind of POV.

Tatenashi's arc for example also cover how Saki become an alpha bitch and how Motemitsu become pathetic excuse of failed male pilot, covering it with his usual antic.

@ Greedy
Pretty much, the fluff (such as Dan being much more mature and Charl being intelligent) is more important than stat itself. You don't put 'Len' and 'pretty' in the same sheet either, the reason of why Tate switched to holographic display from conventional paper
Old 2012-06-01, 11:18   Link #31748
greedyspectator

@Demi:
I wrote in his bio that he did kill his parents to feel remorse. And although I did not write it, he also did drive his supervisor to suicide to feel remorse (he was rather 'close' to his supervisor), as well as PSYCHBROKER, who was his best friend before he killed him to feel remorse. Well, his drive to feel remorse is really because he wants to be 'human' and feel anything other than emptiness (wrote that in his bio, too).

EDIT: Actually Demi, that was a brilliant idea. I can make his parents the ones who informed him of remorse. For example, his parents made a mistake and wronged someone somehow. They were sad and depressed, and Lukasz picked this up. When he asked, his parents replied they were remorseful of what they did, even though it was an accident. Then, in order to feel 'remorse', Lukasz killed his parents. PERFECT!
Old 2012-06-01, 11:20   Link #31749
Eratas123

Same deal with mine Irish's segments will be more focused on human combat (Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?) and Ichika's more on IS combat.

Anyway, do you have any OC's?
Old 2012-06-01, 11:22   Link #31750
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@greedy: how did he even know of such a thing as remorse? How did he realize he was not acting like how a human should be? How was he driven to such a state.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:25   Link #31751
greedyspectator

@Demi:
Well, he was informed of remorse by his parents, and he picked up the general concept and idea of remorse from their actions. He realized that he was not acting like how a human should be while in the orphanage, somewhere between the age of five and seven. He actually read stuff about ASPD and Psychopathy, and connected the dots and concluded that he's a psychopath. Presumably, at this point he would have already researched about remorse.

All right! It seems that I'm adding depth to his character!

Oh, and by the way, Psychopaths are born that way. Sociopaths are that way because of their experiences and society. Lukasz is a Psychopath, not a Sociopath.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:35   Link #31752
Eratas123

Psycho's need meds before they can do anything first.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:35   Link #31753
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So how they learn about what they lack is the only difference between sociopaths and psychopaths?

How would you classify a person who thinks on a purely logical basis? seeing the start and achieving the desired end, with no appreciation for the process.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:36   Link #31754
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The arc is largely like this
1.a. A character met a new friend*
1.b. Two character that are know of each other met again*
2. "IT'S A CHALLENGE!"
3. Some more pointless but necessary gimmicks (harem antic, ecchi scene, stereotypical jokes, pointless brawl etc)
4. Less crazy and somewhat important snippets (friendship/family/romance moments etc)
5. Story progressing & back-story revealing
6. "DUEL DECIDES THE FATE!"**
7. Resolution and character development.

* The first two may work in tandem or separate
** yes, there will be a clear winner, no interrupted fight and shit like that. Rito win against Cecil and defeated by Haruna, who is defeated by Yui and... well, you get the idea.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:43   Link #31755
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Will there be a timeskip at the end?

Side note - Who do you think in the cast do you think could break the "Thou shalt not kill" rule?
Old 2012-06-01, 11:47   Link #31756
greedyspectator

@Demi:
A person who thinks on a purely logical bases in order to achieve the desired end and damn the process is either:

a) A consequentionalist
b) A hedonist
c) A sadist

If the desired end is improvement of society, then it's a. If it's improvement of oneself, then it's b. If it's to have fun torturing people, it's c. So it depends, really.

And Psychopaths tend to be self-aware (aware that they are different from others). This is because they are unnaturally observant, and other people's action always serve to confuse them at first before they develop a mental model of how people act and react. Psychopaths tend to learn that they lack empathy at a very young age... possibly ten. Sociopaths tend to learn that they lack empathy or lost empathy after thinking of hurting others and the subsequent confusion of questioning themselves why aren't they feeling any revulsion.

@Eratas
Psychotic people needs meds. Psychopaths do not. In fact, they tend to be smooth talking, charismatic and friendly on the surface. Psychopaths cannot be detected unless they slip up and out themselves somehow. 4% of the world's population are psychopaths/sociopaths, but only a few of them actually go and commit murder. That is 300 million people (There are more psychopaths than you think).
Old 2012-06-01, 11:48   Link #31757
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Most likely there will be

The closest candidate was Laura, and even that's not concrete-solid.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:52   Link #31758
demino_hellsin
That one guy

what if the purpose didn't matter either? so long as they found it worthwhile they'd do it. It fills their time and keeps them from thinking.

I guess I'm pretty much stating the archetypal anime teen hero gone wrong when I describe the lack of emotions as something inborn but found to be inconsequential until they are questioned on it. In the case of questioning, they endlessly pursue it, find it not fitting to their taste but try to see what the big deal is about anyway.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:53   Link #31759
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Does Madoka have a role?

Side note - Only her? Also, hasn't she killed before?

@ greedy - Good point anyway, good luck. I'm well versed in writing psychopaths already, but I don't like writing them.
Old 2012-06-01, 12:01   Link #31760
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Most likely canon roles, if a bit... comedic? The Incestuous FoeYay likely played up to eleven, for both laughs and squick other character (EVEN CHIFUYU!). PT is more like Team Rocket or Divine Crusaders than anything, they are way more potent repelling alien invasion than they do terrorism (explained as paradigm shift and quality decay).

She doesn't seem to have killed anyone, or even deployed in actual combat.

S/N - GODDAMNED SLOW INTERNET !!!!!

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest