AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 13:06   Link #10441
kitten320

I don't mind her non armor form but the fact the she wins using it every time just makes you wonder why she bothers with anything else...
Old 2013-01-18, 13:10   Link #10442
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't mind her non armor form but the fact the she wins using it every time just makes you wonder why she bothers with anything else...
A fair point, but it is really effective in a lot of circumstances. As has been pointed out, it makes her really fast and allows her to focus her attack... both things that are highly effective in bringing down foes. A lot of her armors are defensive in nature, which means when she wants to take someone down, she goes offensive. And each armor has had their place throughout the series.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 13:22   Link #10443
kitten320

To be honest, since Jellal arc non of her armor was important anymore =/
Old 2013-01-18, 14:53   Link #10444
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Bad chapter.
Old 2013-01-18, 14:53   Link #10445
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
You do realize the whole point of that armor, is that it makes her really damn fast? She's unencumbered by heavy armor, which increases agility and mobility, and allows her to focus solely on offense. It's been shown and explained before, exactly what kind of advantages it brings, which allowed her to move and strike faster than Kagura. It's not her strongest form, per se, but each armor has different advantages and disadvantages. So it makes perfect sense why she was able to beat Kagura with it.
I think you're confusing it with the Flight Armor which is the one that actually increases her speed and agility. This gives her no boosts (well except for it not weighing her down, but the Flight Armor is better for this) something she explains to Ikaruga herself (she explains that she had been hiding her heart behind armor and since she no longer used any she could then defeat Ikaruga or some crap like that).

So no...it doesn't give her any advantages nor disadvantages. She's just suddenly stronger without armor because...Shounen logic...

I agree with Kitten, since the Tower of Heaven Arc her armors haven't really counted for much aside from her fight against Knightwalker where the whole point of the fight was Multi-Weapons vs Multi-Armors...(but even that armors is just lolsuperpower) and her fight against Midnight...which was awesome because she actually used an armor's properties to her advantage. But since then it's mostly been
Step 1: use armors and start losing
Step 2: take off all armors
Step 3: One shot the previously unbeatable opponent...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 15:21   Link #10446
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Step 1: use armors and start losing
Step 2: take off all armors
Step 3: One shot the previously unbeatable opponent...
That's been the theme of most animes these days for the female cast.
Isn't there a internet saying "Less armor = higher def/atk" or something along those lines? It is unreasonable but it works out for us fans... Right?
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 15:31   Link #10447
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
That's been the theme of most animes these days for the female cast.
Isn't there a internet saying "Less armor = higher def/atk" or something along those lines? It is unreasonable but it works out for us fans... Right?
That reminded me of the Tera Online female armors.........which cover LESS than when they don't have any.
At least Erza's armors were generally actual freaking armor sets.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 15:33   Link #10448
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Hah... Minerva that's not how a king fights its the fight of a coward .... I hope in the next chapter Erza snaps and beat Minerva.
>bolded
Minerva needs a lecture from F/S Zero's Iskander
Old 2013-01-18, 16:46   Link #10449
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
What rules were bent?
You know, the rules that applies to the characters in the manga. As long as you're one of the good guys and you have some determination, you can win and defeat anything. It doesn't matter if you're beaten to a pulp previously.

It's like playing really hard RPG, where you struggle to fight some boss. You use your special attacks, toss magic and you use items to get that HP lowered as you can. But then, suddenly, when the health bar is low, the boss uses some move that kills your party instantly, it doesn't matter if your health was full and you had defense up. Yes, Fairy Tail is just that now, only Natsu's team are the dungeon bosses.

In times like these that I admire Dragon Ball and it's strong enemies.
Old 2013-01-18, 17:12   Link #10450
Krono

I suspect people would be less disappointed if they hadn't built Kagura up so much in their own minds.

She was hyped to be strong to establish her as a worthy foe, one that stood on the same tier with Erza, Laxus, Mirajane, etc. The intent of the hype was not to put her on a level far above Erza. Millianna's offhand comment of "If she was serious, she might even be stronger than you Erza." was just that. An offhand comment. Millianna hasn't really seen Erza fight since they were children. She has no gauge for Erza's strength other than "Erza's strong." Combined with Erza being impressed by Kagura's strength and wanting to spare against her, it helps to establish that Erza and Kagura are on roughly the same level. It does not establish Kagura as superior to Erza.

Likewise, the repeated references to her being able to get cataclysmic results when she draws her sword are something that establishes her strength. They do not establish her as stronger than Erza or Laxus, both of whom are perfectly capable of their own cataclysmic feats, they just don't have people standing around hyping them all the time.

Minerva mentioning to steer clear of Jura and Kagura doesn't means that Kagura's stronger than Erza. Minerva didn't mention Laxus either. She didn't mention steering clear of problematic Fairy Tail members because Sabertooth seems to be specifically gunning for Fairy Tail to avenge the humiliations Fairy Tail's handed them the past couple days, and reclaim their place as number 1.

Kagura stomping Erza last chapter doesn't mean Kagura's superior either. The two are roughly equal in power. Kagura's devoting 100% of her power towards offense. Erza's splitting her power between defense, offense, and special abilities/stat boosts. Is it any real surprise that the person with their power divided gets their ass kicked until they stop dividing their power and start doing 100% offense like their opponent?

At the same time, Erza's cleared away the nagging question about Kagura's motives, and Kagura's basically gone berserk, which is seldom a good sign from a skill standpoint. Which helps tips things in Erza's favor.

Unfortunately, rather than consider these things, people took things literally, read more into the hype than was there, and concluded that Kagura was supposed to be far stronger than Erza. Then when Kagura's only as strong as Erza instead of much stronger, people get disappointed.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 17:20   Link #10451
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
I suspect people would be less disappointed if they hadn't built Kagura up so much in their own minds.

She was hyped to be strong to establish her as a worthy foe, one that stood on the same tier with Erza, Laxus, Mirajane, etc. The intent of the hype was not to put her on a level far above Erza. Millianna's offhand comment of "If she was serious, she might even be stronger than you Erza." was just that. An offhand comment. Millianna hasn't really seen Erza fight since they were children. She has no gauge for Erza's strength other than "Erza's strong." Combined with Erza being impressed by Kagura's strength and wanting to spare against her, it helps to establish that Erza and Kagura are on roughly the same level. It does not establish Kagura as superior to Erza.

Likewise, the repeated references to her being able to get cataclysmic results when she draws her sword are something that establishes her strength. They do not establish her as stronger than Erza or Laxus, both of whom are perfectly capable of their own cataclysmic feats, they just don't have people standing around hyping them all the time.

Minerva mentioning to steer clear of Jura and Kagura doesn't means that Kagura's stronger than Erza. Minerva didn't mention Laxus either. She didn't mention steering clear of problematic Fairy Tail members because Sabertooth seems to be specifically gunning for Fairy Tail to avenge the humiliations Fairy Tail's handed them the past couple days, and reclaim their place as number 1.

Kagura stomping Erza last chapter doesn't mean Kagura's superior either. The two are roughly equal in power. Kagura's devoting 100% of her power towards offense. Erza's splitting her power between defense, offense, and special abilities/stat boosts. Is it any real surprise that the person with their power divided gets their ass kicked until they stop dividing their power and start doing 100% offense like their opponent?

At the same time, Erza's cleared away the nagging question about Kagura's motives, and Kagura's basically gone berserk, which is seldom a good sign from a skill standpoint. Which helps tips things in Erza's favor.

Unfortunately, rather than consider these things, people took things literally, read more into the hype than was there, and concluded that Kagura was supposed to be far stronger than Erza. Then when Kagura's only as strong as Erza instead of much stronger, people get disappointed.
i can't say better omg u say everthing, the peoples need stop waiting too much for hyped characters and remember this not the first time who erza rised while about to loose to pwoning her enemy in next second, i really dont have much to say after that.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 17:32   Link #10452
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
To be honest, since Jellal arc non of her armor was important anymore =/
Seduction Armor was bought with a purpose... Lucy

Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-18, 17:56   Link #10453
-Necromancer-
Otaku

Hoping this fight ends soon xD wanna see some natsu and lucy action :P
-Necromancer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 19:02   Link #10454
MechR

I don't mind Erza winning in the end. All I wanted was an epic fight first Was that too much to ask, Mashima?
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 19:10   Link #10455
kitten320

^Well that's mostly where main complain lies. We all knew that Erza would win, there is no way Mashima would let her loss. But really, was it hard to make the fight decent so Kagura wouldn't look like crap?

Ryus
In all honesty Erza should change her magic all together then.
Old 2013-01-18, 20:54   Link #10456
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

Excellent post, Krono. You said everything I was thinking, but much more eloquently than I could have.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 22:05   Link #10457
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Spoiler:
Amazing! Always enjoy your long post about all the minor points and details that the mass don't look at.
Old 2013-01-18, 22:57   Link #10458
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

awww.... now that's a true villain indeed....

how dare Minerva ruin that sweet and touching moment..

since this is shounen, I think somehow Erza will find strength to stand even though she can't use one of her legs... then she will defeat Minerva with Nakama-power...
but honestly, I'm expecting one of FT member like Luxus or Gray to appear and fight Minerva
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 01:56   Link #10459
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

When I was starting to read this chapter and saw the cover page... I seriously thought that Gray going to appear in this chapter and istead of Erza he will take the slash from Kagura. But neither of what was said in this thread before happened at all in this chapter so it was a bit dissapoint for me but I agree with Krono's post. Really well said.
Old 2013-01-19, 02:15   Link #10460
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That was...predictable.
Quote:
I don't mind Erza winning in the end. All I wanted was an epic fight first Was that too much to ask, Mashima?
So true, most fights in FT give off a certain level of epicness, but this one was marginally average at best.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen