AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-07-16, 20:26   Link #2561
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

- Both Cross and Lvellie work for their own goals('human above everything' going aganst Vatican's credo that is 'God above everything') which basically tells the Vatican to fuck off because they're willingly to work with a Noah like Nea in order to make their goal come true.

- In the third D-gray.man's novel Lost Fragment of Snow(a depressing tearjerker if you read it, poor Mana, his suffering seems to be Hoshino's joy I swear) Cross warns the Red kid to no get close to Mana and that he's insane, even after that Cross considers killing Red because of that very reason.
Cross being acquitanced with the original Allen perhaps knew some details from the 14th but I doubt he knew that much.

- Mana had the same issue Skin Bolic had, his memories were taking over his body and erasing his sense of self, Mana lost his mind or was in constant conflict with the Noah's memory of Adam while Nea didn't.

When Mana lost control Nea tried doing something against "The Earl who hated Mana" who in turn put the whole Noah Clan against the 14th.

So this whole time when we were told that both Neah and Mana were on the run perhaps those were the times when Mana had lapses of sanity being together with Nea, one day he totally lost it and killed Nea making Mana even more insane than he was at that point.

That is sad because in that page we see Nea lying down dead while being embraced by Mana while being looked down by "Earl" but the drawing makes emphasis on Mana's broken face.

So far I believe only Road know this much however her memories are sealed(she had a brief shock in the ark when she overlapped Allen and the Earl) and body are sealed somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if the hint towards the Heart was actually related to her somehow and the memories from the original Allen.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2015-07-16 at 20:39.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 07:24   Link #2562
BlazingKyogre

Goddamn saw the translation of 219. That's some revelation there.
Spoiler for about Earl and Nea:
BlazingKyogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 08:26   Link #2563
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Today is a GREAT FREAKING DAY ! Dayum, after 3 years of absence, it came back with a Nuclear Bomb ! I was mindf*cked throughout the chapter mostly because I was out of date but when I finaly put 2 and 2 together...OH SH*T SON !
Old 2015-07-17, 09:19   Link #2564
foxbox360
New Age Badass

What the hell did I just read? 2in1 earl? WHO was the mana that raise allen? Was that memory a lie? So many questions we have to wait three months for the next chapter.
Old 2015-07-17, 09:36   Link #2565
Galaxian

This is so confusing... Who was the "Mana" that Allen turned into an Akuma at the very beginning then?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 11:22   Link #2566
dmaxzero

Seems I will need to re read the whole series again to properly follow it.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 11:36   Link #2567
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Consider the following:

- 35 years ago Nea met "Allen", who had a body perhaps about his ago or maybe older.
- In his memories Nea questions why "Allen" doesn't seem to age, quite the opposite he got younger and how he got Innocence on his left arm.
- Before dying Cross realizes that "Allen" and the kid are the same person: "Why Red, the kid from the circus Mana met, never called himself Allen until Mana decided to call him this way?"

Chapter leaked, and some retards share them on Hoshino's instagram no less .
Lol WTS...got link to her instagram?

And this means that the "Earl" isn't a person per se but a position in the Noah hierachy?
Old 2015-07-17, 11:57   Link #2568
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mana being the Earl isn't surprising, but we're going to need some serious explanations for it to work.

Glad to see the art is back to normal. It's the most beautiful chapter we've had in a very long time.
Old 2015-07-17, 12:02   Link #2569
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
What the hell did I just read? 2in1 earl? WHO was the mana that raise allen? Was that memory a lie? So many questions we have to wait three months for the next chapter.
My guess is that it was a false memory implemented by Nea. Doing so would instill within Allen a love for Mana and a hatred for the Earl sending Allen on a path that would help lead Nea to his goals.
Old 2015-07-17, 12:32   Link #2570
DorkingtonPugsly

Wow a new chapter. Though the art will never be what it was pre vol 19 material it's still much much better than the last several chapters so that's good.
Gona make some tea and savor this rare moment.
Old 2015-07-17, 12:42   Link #2571
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
It was the real Mana, he was a broken person.

During the whole novel he acted like someone with a trauma.

When talking with Mana he tells Red that he is only seventeen that he woke up one day to find himself a middle aged man. He tells Red that he is looking for his little brother, but cannot find him, and that he is being chased by a man named the Millennium Earl and if caught, he will be killed. He fears that because he has suddenly become a middle-aged man, his brother will not recognize him, and so he began his life of wandering.
Red says that perhaps Mana was abandoned by his brother, Mana does not respond, instead changing subject talking about the beautiful sunset, but Red notes that Mana looks as if he was crying.

The time Mana was Red's foster parent it was one of the few times Mana acted sane while subconciously supressing his Noah Memory.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 12:49   Link #2572
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, I'm really confused about this. Now let's wait for three months for the next chapter
Old 2015-07-17, 13:05   Link #2573
Wandering Soul

Mana being the Earl is interesting but it does raise a few questions. One being: who did Allen turn into an Akuma in the beginning?
Old 2015-07-17, 13:23   Link #2574
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
- Both Cross and Lvellie work for their own goals('human above everything' going aganst Vatican's credo that is 'God above everything') which basically tells the Vatican to fuck off because they're willingly to work with a Noah like Nea in order to make their goal come true.

- In the third D-gray.man's novel Lost Fragment of Snow(a depressing tearjerker if you read it, poor Mana, his suffering seems to be Hoshino's joy I swear) Cross warns the Red kid to no get close to Mana and that he's insane, even after that Cross considers killing Red because of that very reason.
Cross being acquitanced with the original Allen perhaps knew some details from the 14th but I doubt he knew that much.

- Mana had the same issue Skin Bolic had, his memories were taking over his body and erasing his sense of self, Mana lost his mind or was in constant conflict with the Noah's memory of Adam while Nea didn't.

When Mana lost control Nea tried doing something against "The Earl who hated Mana" who in turn put the whole Noah Clan against the 14th.

So this whole time when we were told that both Neah and Mana were on the run perhaps those were the times when Mana had lapses of sanity being together with Nea, one day he totally lost it and killed Nea making Mana even more insane than he was at that point.

That is sad because in that page we see Nea lying down dead while being embraced by Mana while being looked down by "Earl" but the drawing makes emphasis on Mana's broken face.

So far I believe only Road know this much however her memories are sealed(she had a brief shock in the ark when she overlapped Allen and the Earl) and body are sealed somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if the hint towards the Heart was actually related to her somehow and the memories from the original Allen.
Then that still leaves the question on who is the Mana that Allen knows.
More specifically, the Mana that got made into an Akuma.
There has to be a Mana that got killed at least once to be made into an Akuma in the first place.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 13:24   Link #2575
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

What about planted memories? Wouldn't explain hair color change though, maybe.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 13:32   Link #2576
Dysprosium
Banned

This manga definitely warrants an entire re-read.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 14:19   Link #2577
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

well............that was an awesome reveal, i honestly didnt see that coming, my interest is back in this series ^^

Still... hope she doesnt spaz out too much cause of the leak and loses the drive to do anymore.

btw wats the new schedule for releases now?i think i heard somewhere its like longer than 2mths apart
Old 2015-07-17, 17:22   Link #2578
DorkingtonPugsly

A few of the pages were beautiful in their own right. I don't care if it's quarterly, it's better then once every couple of years or it just fizzling out with no ending.

Still confusing though... Doesn't even seem like the same manga I started to read a decade ago.

I'd love to know if Hoshino had this whole thing planned out from the very beginning or if she had the basics down and then over the many years slowly put together the main plot. That's a question I have for a lot of authors actually.
Old 2015-07-17, 18:16   Link #2579
GDB

This is some Fight Club level craziness right here.

Or like Sharin no Kuni, when you realize the truth about the MC's sister.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 19:41   Link #2580
Random14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Still confusing though... Doesn't even seem like the same manga I started to read a decade ago.

That reminded me of one of my own reactions- are the Noah the main characters of the series now? I partly mean that as a joke, but its just that, hiatus aside (I had thought this series had been cancelled or something by now), the old Black Order just seems less and less relevant these days. They have less than a dozen Exorcists (counting the generals, and most are nowhere near that power level), their human experiments backfired horribly, tons of conspiracies (and a scary independent Innocence) and Allen ran off, so no idea where things go from here.

Only the part about the Earl knitting before running off reminds me of the old days (what next, that talking umbrella will turn out to be important?).

I think Road had mentioned that the Noahs' memories had been damaged by the clash between the Earl and the 14th, something about Tyki's face too. And the mind screw continues, I have no idea what's going on anymore. Hard to tell who might be the big bad these days since the Earl seems even crazier than previously thought.

Good thing Viz's translation has already caught up to the previous chapter, easier to reread through that.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural