AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-07, 04:31   Link #61
Accelolita_

Well, I liked the first episode. But I have a question. You're takling about the panty joke. I know it from the manga but I didn't see it in the anime? Did I watch a cut version of the anime? When Utao fell Aki only looked and I heard an "ah" and nothing else. Did I miss something?

Another question. How old are the characters? I guess that Kyohei, Hibino and Aki are above 20? If I remember correctly you're allowed to drink alcohol in Japan if you reached your 20th birthday? Not sure about that.

Yeah, Hibinos breasts are really huge, but they were also huge in the manga, or not? I need to reread the manga.
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 04:52   Link #62
Seiryuu

For some reason, the first thing I thought when I watched this was it reminds me just a bit of Shadow Star...
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 05:58   Link #63
liro
Super Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It looks more like a Z'Gok then a Zaku.

I think Kuramitsuha's mono eye looks like a Hygogg.

Old 2011-07-07, 06:39   Link #64
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelolita_ View Post
I know it from the manga but I didn't see it in the anime? Did I watch a cut version of the anime? When Utao fell Aki only looked and I heard an "ah" and nothing else. Did I miss something?
From what I know, this is just the way the anime decided to present it. In other words, even if the manga had a pantyshot, the anime decided to not deliver one.

Either that, or there were some really well-done censoring that I couldn't tell. Nowadays, censors are just fog or light or black holes though/

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 09:24   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Lol, really? Wehen you have boobs this big, it would be pretty logical to exploit them as much as possible. That is the rule of the industry.
I don't know, this series kind of struck me as too serious for that, and I thought Brain Base was above pandering of such kind. Clearly, I was mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The way that poll works allows for lots of... "cheating". If the 2ch people decide to pull a prank and let a choice get up on top, no matter how ridiculous it is, they will make it happen.
Like with Pokemon and Inazuma Eleven.
Then again, this isn't as popular, so there probably won't be much of that, hopefully.

Anyways, vote for Utao. Vote for Utao...
What are the other choices of this poll? I want to know what to expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelolita_ View Post
Well, I liked the first episode. But I have a question. You're takling about the panty joke. I know it from the manga but I didn't see it in the anime? Did I watch a cut version of the anime? When Utao fell Aki only looked and I heard an "ah" and nothing else. Did I miss something?
Aki's joke from the manga was cut out, but we still saw Utao trying to hide her panties from him in the anime. She looked pretty cute when she did that, so that's why we're talking about it.
Old 2011-07-07, 11:23   Link #66
klare

my first series of the season, not bad overall

Kyohei is too generic, Hibino is nice but her chest ruin her design... Utao looks like the typical imouto but she is likable, Aki is more interesting and reminds me of Accelerator from Index, now we only have to guess in which eps will Kyohei open the bathroom door of Hibino

both kakashi design is not attractive enough, the OP and ED are good tho
Old 2011-07-07, 16:27   Link #67
Blaat

Honestly the biggest problem I had with the first is that I found the main three character generically boring. Hopefully the characters will be made more interesting the up coming episodes.

Also I really like the opening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
That and it didn't help that it kept on trying to throw in jokes in the middle of an intense situation, so the impact was lessened greatly.Yeah, even during the elevator scene my eyes kept on wandering towards them I hope she doesn't end up in any more serious, because it's going to be hard to keep my attention on the subtitles lol''
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The chara design is a bit plain, but ok. The lead girl's breasts are too big, so big it's distracting. My eyes were drawn to those two ballons everytime she appeared on screen. They look out of place on her body somehow.
*Phew* I'm not the only one who had this problem.
Old 2011-07-07, 16:37   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
*Phew* I'm not the only one who had this problem.
I think it's actually the biggest complaint(s) people have about this episode
Old 2011-07-07, 17:22   Link #69
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
I have to say that when I first saw this on chart's for the summer season, I must have been either intoxicated or something else of that notion.

I expected something more on par with a slice of life from the title and the cutesy art.

Holy crap, was I horribly mistaken and am now extremely interested. Although, honestly, the episode was not exactly the greatest thing.

I completely agree with the above comments on Hibino's large melons. They keep distracting me from the plot of the episode, and it's not like they're even trying to be fan service! What the hell!?

(Although they also do look slightly disproportionate or just... awkwardly drawn or something. Then again, this is what I get for starting to over-analyze their size and proportions by staring at them so much... and I'm a DFC kind of person. )

Edit: the odd shape of her breasts make me wonder if she has some kind of special power involving them, maybe shooting a laser beam (H-H-Hibino Beamu!), that makes them jiggle just a little bit for that added '...and suddenly fanservice!'.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.

Last edited by Ekureiru; 2011-07-07 at 17:58.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 21:28   Link #70
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

First episode is average on all counts. I do like that the protagonist is out of high school though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I get the sense that this anime is aiming to be on the level of a Ga-Rei Zero, but keeps getting stuck in Mai HiME territory (if that, even).
I had that feel too. We're going to be light-hearted and then get real serious. The question is how well will it flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The chara design is a bit plain, but ok. The lead girl's breasts are too big, so big it's distracting. My eyes were drawn to those two ballons everytime she appeared on screen. They look out of place on her body somehow. The little sister was very cute and awesome.
Those breasts are pretty bad. When she got up in the restaurant I was like "Whaaaaaaat!?" and just face palmed.
Old 2011-07-07, 21:51   Link #71
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Now that was a pretty uninspiring first episode.

First we get a very weird intro.
Next comes a crappy, awkward OP. Bleh.
Then the story telling is rather haphazardly, with many abrupt changes and no explanations offered.

The cast ist pretty lame:
- a random loli
- a random oba-san with huge, oddly shaped melon tits
- a random student who escaped from his tiny village to the big town
- a random psychopath who is all talk and doesn't do anything before he allows the loli to simply blast him away, just to easily escape again later. What what the point of that, anyway?

In short, I find myself not in the least interested in any of those, much less feeling sympathy or liking for any of them, they're just too bland.

ED wasn't half-bad. The muppet preview at the end though really did freak me out

I wonder if I should still bother with the second episode.
Old 2011-07-07, 23:14   Link #72
fedor mma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Now that was a pretty uninspiring first episode.

First we get a very weird intro.
Next comes a crappy, awkward OP. Bleh.
Then the story telling is rather haphazardly, with many abrupt changes and no explanations offered.

The cast ist pretty lame:
- a random loli
- a random oba-san with huge, oddly shaped melon tits
- a random student who escaped from his tiny village to the big town
- a random psychopath who is all talk and doesn't do anything before he allows the loli to simply blast him away, just to easily escape again later. What what the point of that, anyway?

In short, I find myself not in the least interested in any of those, much less feeling sympathy or liking for any of them, they're just too bland.

ED wasn't half-bad. The muppet preview at the end though really did freak me out

I wonder if I should still bother with the second episode.
Were you expecting the show to reveal the entire story and character motivations on the first bloody episode? Also the op is cool and its not a school setting, that is always a plus.
fedor mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 00:41   Link #73
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually liked the OP... heck, it's probably the only thing I liked, considering I generally like the artist's songs. But apart from that, not sold on the show, as it lacks 'the hook' in the first episode (kinda like Blood-C).

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 01:15   Link #74
larethian

2 things that currently turn me off:
1. kyonyuu
2. bgm during Utao's summoning

the gore looks good though. not that I'm a gore-fan or anything, just that it looks like some serious stuff is cooking.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 02:02   Link #75
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Am I the only one who went "wow, those are some big boobs and then more or less ignored them for the rest of the episode?

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 02:05   Link #76
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Am I the only one who went "wow, those are some big boobs and then more or less ignored them for the rest of the episode?
No, I don't know why people are so fixated on them lol. It wasn't like they were playing them hugely for fanservice like HOTD or anything.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 02:21   Link #77
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Can't believe so many people are hung up on the girl's breasts. Compared to what we've all seen in other anime, they're still relatively minor.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:28   Link #78
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm pretty sure if this was some ecchi show, there'd be far less hang-up about the boobs. Granted, it may very well actually be an ecchi show that just hasn't delved into it head-first so to speak, but I think the reason why so many people have issues with the huge boobs is because it doesn't seem like it's a pandering ecchi show, so one has to wonder why they decided to put such huge knockers on that poor girl.

That said, I won't be surprised if it does turn into an ecchi/harem show. We're already setting ourselves up here with living with the girl with the huge knockers and a little chibi girl, but I'm holding out hope that that won't be the case, and the huge boobs are simply a case of the director (mistakenly in my eyes, though I have no idea just how fixated the Japanese anime market is on big boobs) thinking he needs to throw in huge boobs as a concession to maintain enough viewers to keep the advertisers interested.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 02:42   Link #79
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Pretty much. The reason for that is that they are so out of place. I mean she's the only women in the show with that size. Had this been HOTD or something, no one would say anything since it par for the course.

I mean, if they had other women in the show with the same cup size, she wouldn't have looked so out of place. Or like she has a vendetta with bras or something

Otherwise, it was an okay episode. Just with some really strange things to include in it.
Old 2011-07-08, 04:55   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another problem is that her waist is way too small compared to her bust. Makes her melons stand out even more.

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen