AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-13, 09:31   Link #21
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Actually I was wondering... in the first timeline in Episode 13, when Okabe ran to the time machine to use it, Kurisu was shot by Moeka. If it's true that all deaths are final unless you shift to a different time trunk altogether, how come Kurisu, unlike Mayuri, doesn't die every time?
Like Kanon said, the shot probably wasn't fatal; or if it was, Kurisu died some time after Okarin made the time leap, and thus she wasn't caught in the endless loop of constantly dying every time Okarin jumps back like Mayuri was. The poor man is having a hard enough time trying to save one girl, imagine how he would react to having to save two.
Old 2011-07-14, 16:30   Link #22
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
From episode 15, we find out her real mission is to go back to 1975. The 2010 stop was simply to look for her father.

Now, this is actually kind of interesting. Because we know Suzahu, prior to that first D-Mail Okarin sent, went back to 2000, not 2010. It's also heavily implied in this particular time, that she's searching in 2010 because that's what year is on the badge she carries. Did the Suzahu prior to Okarin's first D-Mail carry a badge from 2000 instead? Or is this all moot, and simply a random bit of info to illustrate that sending D-Mails can have unintended butterfly effects and has no real bearing on the story itself? Beats me.

I have a theory about that... I'll spoiler tag it though because it might very well be true, at least after all the hints we have got so far.

Spoiler for Suzuha's Father-Theory Based on Anime EP 15:

I have to admit that it's pretty obvious though. Well I guess we have to wait for Okabe to return with the information about the Badge's buyer to be sure. As for my bet see above .
Old 2011-07-14, 20:30   Link #23
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I have a theory about that... I'll spoiler tag it though because it might very well be true, at least after all the hints we have got so far.

I have to admit that it's pretty obvious though. Well I guess we have to wait for Okabe to return with the information about the Badge's buyer to be sure. As for my bet see above .
I agree with your spoiler and was going to speculate the same thing. No need to say anything further.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
Old 2011-07-15, 16:35   Link #24
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Let me spice it up then with Suzuha being Suzuha's mom
Old 2011-07-19, 20:13   Link #25
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

Proofed to be true, sad episode though :/
Old 2011-07-26, 16:23   Link #26
Elestia

Episode 17 finally put together on how the rest of the series will end. Basically, Kurisu theorizes that to reach past the 1% divergence, Okabe needed to send D-Mails to cancel out the previous D-Mails, which resulted in the world lines shifting. So based on this that means all the lab member's D-mails will need to be targeted, which means a lot more heart-ache.

I guess this really does go back to Kurisu's words about not wanting to change the past; instead accepting it and learning to live with our decisions.

Spoiler for FFFFFFFFFF-:
Old 2011-07-26, 18:11   Link #27
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
... so he will end up undoing the events of the first few episodes, which means in the end Kurisu will die!?
Old 2011-07-26, 19:36   Link #28
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
... so he will end up undoing the events of the first few episodes, which means in the end Kurisu will die!?
Knowing Okabe, if it comes to that, I'm sure he'll find a way to save Kurisu. He considers her a good friend at this point; he wouldn't just let her die without a fight.
Old 2011-07-27, 02:58   Link #29
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Knowing Okabe, if it comes to that, I'm sure he'll find a way to save Kurisu. He considers her a good friend at this point; he wouldn't just let her die without a fight.
I doubt he could go that far back in time anyways, and iirc, she was still alive at the end of the episode so yeah, I doubt she died to begin with.
Old 2011-07-27, 03:22   Link #30
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
I doubt he could go that far back in time anyways, and iirc, she was still alive at the end of the episode so yeah, I doubt she died to begin with.
Uhhhh. D-Mails can, you know? Like how all the D-mails, especially with Ruka-kun and Feyris' D-mail, went back more than 10 years into the past? And we're talking about when Kurisu was found lying in a pool of her own blood in the very first episode. She looked that exact definition of being dead to me.
Old 2011-07-27, 04:03   Link #31
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Uhhhh. D-Mails can, you know? Like how all the D-mails, especially with Ruka-kun and Feyris' D-mail, went back more than 10 years into the past? And we're talking about when Kurisu was found lying in a pool of her own blood in the very first episode. She looked that exact definition of being dead to me.
D-mails can go that far back, yes, but what I'm saying is that at the end of this episode (ep. 17), I remember Kurisu being very much alive and commenting on Okabe being a perv. He wouldn't even need to go back and stop her from dying, and he didn't go back far enough with the time leap to stop his very first D-mail from being sent anyways.
Old 2011-07-27, 07:06   Link #32
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I highly doubt the Kurisu death from the first episode would be forgotten just like that. It definitely has a huge importance on the story.
Old 2011-07-27, 11:33   Link #33
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
D-mails can go that far back, yes, but what I'm saying is that at the end of this episode (ep. 17), I remember Kurisu being very much alive and commenting on Okabe being a perv. He wouldn't even need to go back and stop her from dying, and he didn't go back far enough with the time leap to stop his very first D-mail from being sent anyways.
You're right he can't use a time leap, but what we've seen in the past two episodes is using the D-Mail to negate previous D-Mails sent in the past. In example, Feyris sent a D-Mail to her dad saying she was kidnapped. However, that was a D-Mail sent to her father to prevent him from flying back home on an airplane. Instead the new D-Mail negates it by Feyris confessing it was a joke, thereby re-aligning the world lines closer to the Beta world.

Remember, Kurisu mentions that in order to go past the 1% Divergence, Okabe needs to use the D-Mail to cancel out all the past D-Mails, by sending a followup message to negate it. Like when Okabe stopped Suzuha from going back immediately to 1975 after she failed to find her father on episode 10. He sent a D-Mail back to his past self warning that the message was SERN's trap. In essence, he needs to revert the world lines back to their original state. Ultimately that means he will have go all the way back to the first D-Mail he accidentally sent in the first episode, where he sent a mail to Daru saying that "Makise Kurisu has been stabbed".

The most perplexing problem is with the first D-mail was that it changed the World Line, and we find Kurisu un-stabbed by the end of the first episode. We don't know the specific parameters which the D-Mail was sent under. There are some instances, where D-Mails do not affect the world line, like when Daru sent a D-Mail to his past self revealing the position of Feyris' cards in the Rai-Net Tournament. However, the very first D-Mail is a wild card. What caused that message to prevent Makise Kurisu from being stabbed? I think that will be a major plot point to unfold in the very last episode.
Old 2011-07-27, 20:17   Link #34
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Remember, Kurisu mentions that in order to go past the 1% Divergence, Okabe needs to use the D-Mail to cancel out all the past D-Mails, by sending a followup message to negate it. Like when Okabe stopped Suzuha from going back immediately to 1975 after she failed to find her father on episode 10. He sent a D-Mail back to his past self warning that the message was SERN's trap. In essence, he needs to revert the world lines back to their original state. Ultimately that means he will have go all the way back to the first D-Mail he accidentally sent in the first episode, where he sent a mail to Daru saying that "Makise Kurisu has been stabbed".
Unless the subs I watched were wrong, I think Kurisu actually mentions that they need the IBN to erase SERN's data of them, and to obtain the IBN they need to cancel out all the past D-Mails. This can be achieved once every D-Mail up to Moeka's is cancelled, so there's no need in Okarin's current mission to erase his very first D-Mail.

Though I agree there will definitely be something involving that first D-Mail and Kurisu's apparent death later on down the road.
Old 2011-07-27, 20:25   Link #35
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

So, after watching this episode and seeing that Feyris apparently remembered the original timeline where her father was dead and then the timeline where she had ten years with him, I had a thought; is it possible that each person has their own sort of Reading Steiner, which only applies to whatever changes they themselves make to the timeline? Since Feyris remembered all of the changes she made, but was apparently unaware of the changes made by Moeka and Ruka with their D-mails.
Old 2011-07-28, 01:12   Link #36
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Unless the subs I watched were wrong, I think Kurisu actually mentions that they need the IBN to erase SERN's data of them, and to obtain the IBN they need to cancel out all the past D-Mails. This can be achieved once every D-Mail up to Moeka's is cancelled, so there's no need in Okarin's current mission to erase his very first D-Mail.

Though I agree there will definitely be something involving that first D-Mail and Kurisu's apparent death later on down the road.
Yep, in a nut shell the IBN 5100 is the key for Okabe to push past the 1% Divergence. But in order to do so Okabe needs to cancel out the previous D-Mails that changed the world lines further away from the 1% divergence.
Old 2011-07-28, 06:00   Link #37
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post

That's exactly what I'm trying to get at. The entire reason Okabe did the time-leap is just so he could re-obtain the IBN 5100. Even with Kurisu alive, they had managed to find it, and sending another D-mail to cancel the first D-mail would not erase Okabe from SERN's database because he will still pop up on their grid, albeit at a later point in time, in which case he will still need the IBN 5100.
Old 2011-07-28, 14:21   Link #38
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
So, after watching this episode and seeing that Feyris apparently remembered the original timeline where her father was dead and then the timeline where she had ten years with him, I had a thought; is it possible that each person has their own sort of Reading Steiner, which only applies to whatever changes they themselves make to the timeline? Since Feyris remembered all of the changes she made, but was apparently unaware of the changes made by Moeka and Ruka with their D-mails.
Maybe but Ruka doesn't seem to have a memory of when he was a guy....
Old 2011-07-28, 16:57   Link #39
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Maybe but Ruka doesn't seem to have a memory of when he was a guy....
Unless he's like Feyris and does remember, but simply hasn't told Okarin he does.
Old 2011-07-30, 04:58   Link #40
Alucard24

True ...

Another quick question : why Okarin doesn't try to send a D-Mail to the past Feyris saying "keep the IBN until I ask for it" ? That way it's not given to the shrine and Moeka can't take it from there.
Closed Thread