AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 14:49   Link #1
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Water 7 Arc discussion (Anime Only)

Argh damn those hackers, our poor One Piece threads are gone and it takes so long to generate lengthy discussion in this sub forum! Well time to rebuild!

The rules/guidelines once again.

* No telling/asking where to find raws/subs.
* No mentioning of group names.
* No manga spoilers past the current aired anime episode.
* No off-topicness.
* Please use spoiler tags

Last edited by Tommy; 2005-12-18 at 15:04.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 00:03   Link #2
Chuixupu
Shikachu

This thread was sticked before. ^_^
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 01:00   Link #3
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Ooooh just watched 248. The art and animation were damn good in this episode and I like the start of Franky's flashback

spoilers for 248
Spoiler:

Oh yeah I love the nickname "bakaburg"
Old 2005-12-24, 01:42   Link #4
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I also forgot to add.

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-24, 03:33   Link #5
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
I also forgot to add.

Spoiler:
You are correct. The anime actually left a little part out that was in the manga. But if you're just watching the subs, you haven't gotten to the part where I can tell you what it was yet...
Old 2005-12-24, 05:44   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Oooh finally found the new guys with the most current stuff, so happy am I now...5 straight days of me watching OP eps...Is this a dream?? But sometimes dreams don't meet reality...

Spoiler for 247-251:
Old 2005-12-24, 16:13   Link #7
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Oooh finally found the new guys with the most current stuff, so happy am I now...5 straight days of me watching OP eps...Is this a dream?? But sometimes dreams don't meet reality...

Spoiler for 247-251:
Wow, I just don't know what to say to that...I just disagree with you so much on everything. XD Even after having read all this in the manga, I just loved every minute of this in the anime. I thought 251 was one of the best episodes I ever saw. I don't know why you're concerned about the flashbacks progressing the story...how did Nami's, Chopper's, or Sanji's progress the story? They didn't, but they gave you important information on what makes the characters who they are.

As for Luffy, it's going to be a while before you really see him kick ass (as in fighting), but when he does, he really does. But at least in the next few episodes, you get to see some Sanji action, although not with CP9.

And lastly, for you interest in Robin, the poneglyphs, D, etc.. You're going to get a lot of information on that, but again, it won't be for quite a while in the anime.
Old 2005-12-24, 16:30   Link #8
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

i Enjoyed the whole Tom backstory.
Although it was Unfair what the Government did-to him- just because of that Ship he made.

Anyone know what happennd to the Oro Jackson? was it destroyed?
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 18:11   Link #9
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
Wow, I just don't know what to say to that...I just disagree with you so much on everything. XD Even after having read all this in the manga, I just loved every minute of this in the anime. I thought 251 was one of the best episodes I ever saw. I don't know why you're concerned about the flashbacks progressing the story...how did Nami's, Chopper's, or Sanji's progress the story? They didn't, but they gave you important information on what makes the characters who they are.

As for Luffy, it's going to be a while before you really see him kick ass (as in fighting), but when he does, he really does. But at least in the next few episodes, you get to see some Sanji action, although not with CP9.

And lastly, for you interest in Robin, the poneglyphs, D, etc.. You're going to get a lot of information on that, but again, it won't be for quite a while in the anime.

Don't get me wrong, I liked alot of it...It's just that the story seems to be dragging a bit...This Franky arc seems more like filler than actual stuff that progresses the story...I don't know....I just got bored when I watched ep 4 of my 5 ep escapade and they were still dragging their feet with Franky flashbacks...Then the next ep is everybody just trying to get to train on time with Robin//Iceberg flashbacks yet again and Zolo trapped in a chimmney , when it looked like he was gonna jump into the fight the previous episode...

I guess the real reason I was frustrated is because so rarely do I get a chance to enjoy 4, 5 straight days of watching OP and if the episodes had been less flashbacks and more real-time story stuff it would have been more enjoyable to me

Eps 243, 244, 245, and 246 were soooo good I was just salivating for more of the Cp9 vs. Straw-hat stuff...Your right 251 was really good with the whole Robin angle and how she cares for her shipmates and I'm not just a straight-up action guy, but damn we need more fighting right now...If those 5 eps would have been straight Luffy pirates vs. CP9 members it would have been a great x-mas gift...
Old 2005-12-24, 19:19   Link #10
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Well, you're going to get lots of action soon. In some of the more recent chapters in the manga, some people where comlaining about too much fighting. XD I guess it's a matter of preference.... I enjoyed 247-251 more than 243-246. I'm more of a character development/plot exposition person.
Old 2005-12-25, 12:01   Link #11
speeddemon316

im currently on episode 253, whts the latest episode in japan right now
speeddemon316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 13:52   Link #12
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
Well, you're going to get lots of action soon. In some of the more recent chapters in the manga, some people where comlaining about too much fighting. XD I guess it's a matter of preference.... I enjoyed 247-251 more than 243-246. I'm more of a character development/plot exposition person.
Yeah, me too. That's why i loved Franky's flashback.
Well, for people who just want brainless action and zero plot/character development, One Piece definitely is not their cup of tea..i suggest Naruto.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 13:56   Link #13
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

253 is the Latest Episode.
Naruto is good- don't bash it. Although i prefer OP over most anime right now. Its just way to awesome.

btw- is that Special episode aired yet?
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 16:51   Link #14
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty
Yeah, me too. That's why i loved Franky's flashback.
Well, for people who just want brainless action and zero plot/character development, One Piece definitely is not their cup of tea..i suggest Naruto.
Most actions in any shounen series are brainless. OP is no exception. OP is interesting because of it's back story told in flashback to set up those brainless action. Difference between Naruto's brainless action and OP's brainless action is that the actions in Naruto is far better animated than the actions in One Piece which makes Naruto's action far more enjoyable.

Anyway, in the stretch of the last ten episodes from 253 Franky/Tom story was enjoyable. The story was moving in those flashback. The recent couple of episode, especially 252, was horribly dragging. The entire episode probably told about 10 seconds worth of story. At the same time, the shounen series fans must understand that all longer running series suffer from these sort of inconsistency/flaws of story telling due to the lack of follow up material available. If the animators for OP keep up the pace of storytelling like in the Franky flashback, they will catch up with the manga no time. Then again, most of us already know all these bla bla blas.

edit: Yay! The thread is stickied once again and all I had to do was letting know Ojisan. Thank you!

Last edited by monir; 2005-12-25 at 17:03.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 21:19   Link #15
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I'd say naruto action is better paced and tends to be exiciting because of the music and power-ups (like dbz), but OP action ain't no slouch at all...I rather enjoy One piece action to naruto because the fighting is much less predictable (than say naruto doin Rasengen every episode)...Luffy has so many techniques it's just so enjoying to see what else he can do...You'd think being a rubberman he wouldn't have as much stuff, but he rarely uses the same move over and over..and comes up with new ones vs. every boss (Him blowing all the air outta his body to become lighter to dodge Eneru's melting trident is one example of his great in-battle techniques)..Yeah he has staples like "Gattling-gun" and "Baaazoooookaaaa", but he always breaks out something new...Plus the art of OP gives the action such a different feel...

As much as I like naruto when it's a serious action ep, I'd take a OP serious action first...When Luffy is pi$$ed my enjoyment level just sky-rockets...The off the wall villians in OP make it fun to...Who'd think an overweight, hairy, flamigo-slippered ballot dancer like Mr. 2 could be so vicious ...
Old 2005-12-26, 20:28   Link #16
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for OP Year end special:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 21:58   Link #17
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I haven't seen the special yet. I'm waiting for subs for that because there's no way I'll be able to understand it. :P I've seen lots of screencaps, though. Looks riotous.
Old 2005-12-26, 22:19   Link #18
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Hmm I hope the special focuses on Sanji like the pics suggest because he really deserves some much needed "shine-time"...
Old 2005-12-26, 22:51   Link #19
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
Spoiler for OP Year end special:
I have the raw in the HD since yesterday, but I was going to wait for a sub. Thanks to you I'll be breaking my resolve as soon as I am done warming my supper.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 00:11   Link #20
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I don't think it focuses on Sanji. Here's more pics, btw: http://pics.livejournal.com/servwith...llery/0000x5q8